Distant Relatives Vs Watch The Throne

Options

Comments

• BenjaminE
    BenjaminE Members Posts: 3,679 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Distant Relatives don't have a song as horrid as lift off and watch the throne don't have a song as good as strong will continue. Watch the throne is one of those albums that you listen to alot for the first week then forget that ? even existed after

"Make a Change" was just as horrid... reminds me of the theme song to "Degrassi"...
  • LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Distant Relatives
    BenjaminE wrote: »
    Distant Relatives don't have a song as horrid as lift off and watch the throne don't have a song as good as strong will continue. Watch the throne is one of those albums that you listen to alot for the first week then forget that ? even existed after

"Make a Change" was just as horrid... reminds me of the theme song to "Degrassi"...

You lost for watching Degrassi
  • CeLLaR-DooR
    CeLLaR-DooR Members Posts: 18,880 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Watch The Throne

Lol rahtid Strong Will Continue is one of the songs I can barely get through. ? is wack to me man
  • Built 4 cuban linx
    Built 4 cuban linx Members Posts: 12,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Distant Relatives

Lol rahtid Strong Will Continue is one of the songs I can barely get through. ? is wack to me man

Nah
  • Built 4 cuban linx
    Built 4 cuban linx Members Posts: 12,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Distant Relatives
    I don't like my generation either but it's more listenable than lift off
  • BenjaminE
    Options
    LUClEN wrote: »

I turned the channel whenever I heard the theme song begin...
  • pennyda1
    pennyda1 Members Posts: 965 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Distant Relatives
    One of the most slept on albums!!! They should do a part 2
  • just.might.b.ok
    just.might.b.ok Members Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I like both albums, but none of them were as good as i expected.
    This is what i thought DR was going to sound like:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4fVwswkWWiw&list=PL6lOVGz6qVuM2622Dxqn4c71CiTABhK07
  • TheGOAT
    TheGOAT Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 15,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Distant Relatives

281.gif
  • Mr.LV
    Mr.LV Members Posts: 14,089 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Watch The Throne
    I still think WTT is underrated and under appreciated due to the hype...I liked DR but "Otis "new day" ""welcome to the jungle" and that "what's a king to a ? " track were goat

Don't forget "Murder to excellence "
  • manofmorehouse
    manofmorehouse Members Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Watch The Throne
    WTT for me but I kinda figured distant relatives would be the choice for most on here
  • BenjaminE
    Options
    TheGOAT wrote: »

281.gif

Bruh, why would I watch a show whose theme song I don't...

You know what... ? it... I love me some Degrassi...
  • FishNChips
    FishNChips Members Posts: 1,944 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Watch The Throne
    So basically DR is better because people expected more from WTT than they did DR?

DR exceeding low expectations >>> WTT failing to meet higher expectations?
  • Soloman_The_Wise
    Soloman_The_Wise Members Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Distant Relatives
    FishNChips wrote: »
    So basically DR is better because people expected more from WTT than they did DR?

Naw Fam Distant Relatives just completely ? on the wack juice of WTT...
  • gifted
    gifted Members Posts: 684 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Distant Relatives
    I liked both albums for different reasons but DR was near classic album while WTT had some classic songs. DR had a greater challenge and exceeded my expectations. Making a positive album towards The motherland without sounding preachy and they both delivered. Whereas WTT succeeded on being a good mainstream album. Both albums symbolise the paths of Jay & Nas: The Money & The Message. Enjoy them for what they are but I always give more credit and respect to The Message path.
  • BedStuy
    BedStuy Members Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Distant Relatives
    gifted wrote: »
    I liked both albums for different reasons but DR was near classic album while WTT had some classic songs. DR had a greater challenge and exceeded my expectations. Making a positive album towards The motherland without sounding preachy and they both delivered. Whereas WTT succeeded on being a good mainstream album. Both albums symbolise the paths of Jay & Nas: The Money & The Message. Enjoy them for what they are but I always give more credit and respect to The Message path.
    excellent post
  • Preach2Teach
    Preach2Teach Members Posts: 3,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Preach2Teach
    Options
  • blackgod813
    blackgod813 Members Posts: 9,577 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Distant Relatives
    Man them boys put out a classic a testament in time foe the blak man....them have otha guys could kept that ? to them selfs i wanted to go to africa them ? ? took me to fashion week..
  • Chi Snow
    Chi Snow Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 28,111 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    gifted wrote: »
    This is the best description I could have come up with
  • Preach2Teach
    Options
    Distant Relatives

It's better because it's better, I am having fish and chips for my tea as soon as my girl returns home any moment now, so hungry after being ill for the past 5 days and today I FINALLY have an appetite, what I am trying to say is your name just made me smile.
  • blackgod813
    blackgod813 Members Posts: 9,577 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Distant Relatives

It's better because it's better, I am having fish and chips for my tea as soon as my girl returns home any moment now, so hungry after being ill for the past 5 days and today I FINALLY have an appetite, what I am trying to say is your name just made me smile.

When u say chips u mean french fries?
  • Preach2Teach
    Options
    Distant Relatives

When u say chips u mean french fries?

Yep just a thicker cut potato.
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options
    Distant Relatives
    I don't think WTT was wack, DR is just better imo.