• StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
    I'm ready I like it is different and "darker"

Oh yeah there's not "national dex"
  • StoneColdMikey
    Options
    So you able to catch Pokémon that's not In the regional dex but just won't show
  • StoneColdMikey
    Options
    http://m.imgur.com/a/EFOqs

These are QR scans for sun and moon. Scan at least 10 per day and then you'll be able to catch a "rare" Pokémon like starters from other gens
  • StoneColdMikey
    Options
    When you scan 10 QR codes, it gives you an "Island scan" which will spawn a rare Pokemon not normally found. The 1st Pokemon you'll get from scanning 10 QR codes is a Gen 2 Starter in Route 3. The 1st one seems to be preset to route 3 so if you just starter the game and you immediately scan, you won't be able to access it.

You get 1 hour to catch the pokemon after the scan.

The Pokemon will show up as a random encounter in the route it is designated at.

Once you start, you're given 10 free QR Scans.

You get 1 QR scan every 2 hours thereafter.
  • StoneColdMikey
    Options
    Talonflame is flabby and sick

Burn damage has been reduced to 1/16th the user Max HP regardless of their type. Pokemon with Heatproof take 1/32 of their Max HP as damage.

Turn order has changed to reflect a Pokemon's ability/Speed after it Mega Evolves, Prankster will now be active immediately after mega evolving and give priority to moves. Changes to a Pokemon's Speed will be reflected on the turn it mega evolves making it move before or after the opposing Pokemon depending on its new Speed stat. Does not affect the Speed of other Pokemon on the field, ex: if rain is up and Charizard mega evolves into Mega Charizard-Y and Drought activates Swift Swimmers still have the boost.

Rayquaza cannot mega evolve and hold a Z-Crystal at the same time, even after it uses a Z-move.

Triple Battles and Rotation battles are no longer present in the games.

Arceus type will change to match the Z-Crystal it is holding but Judgment will not change type to match it and will remain Normal-type. Pokemon specific Z-Crystals (i.e Decidium, Pikashunium etc) have no effect.

Soul Dew now boosts the power of Latias's and Latios's Dragon- and Psychic-type attacks by 20%.

Gale Wings now only works when the Pokemon is at Full HP.

Sheer Cold no longer works on Ice-Type Pokemon and has a reduced chance to hit when used by non Ice-type Pokemon.

Misty Terrain now blocks confusion.

Destiny Bond has a chance to fail if used repeatedly.

Thunder Wave is now 90% accuracy.

Dark Void is now 50% accuracy and can only be used Darkrai.
  • Blazedadon87x
    Blazedadon87x Members Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=7qBY-Q6wTFA

looks like anybody with a illegal copy of the game on their modified 2ds/3ds will have their ? shutdown completely if they ever pay this game online
  • StoneColdMikey
    Options
    Paralyze now only cuts speed by 1/2, lowered from 3/4.
  • MorganFreemanKing
    MorganFreemanKing Members Posts: 4,282 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Talonflame is flabby and sick

Burn damage has been reduced to 1/16th the user Max HP regardless of their type. Pokemon with Heatproof take 1/32 of their Max HP as damage.

Turn order has changed to reflect a Pokemon's ability/Speed after it Mega Evolves, Prankster will now be active immediately after mega evolving and give priority to moves. Changes to a Pokemon's Speed will be reflected on the turn it mega evolves making it move before or after the opposing Pokemon depending on its new Speed stat. Does not affect the Speed of other Pokemon on the field, ex: if rain is up and Charizard mega evolves into Mega Charizard-Y and Drought activates Swift Swimmers still have the boost.

Rayquaza cannot mega evolve and hold a Z-Crystal at the same time, even after it uses a Z-move.

Triple Battles and Rotation battles are no longer present in the games.

Arceus type will change to match the Z-Crystal it is holding but Judgment will not change type to match it and will remain Normal-type. Pokemon specific Z-Crystals (i.e Decidium, Pikashunium etc) have no effect.

Soul Dew now boosts the power of Latias's and Latios's Dragon- and Psychic-type attacks by 20%.

Gale Wings now only works when the Pokemon is at Full HP.

Sheer Cold no longer works on Ice-Type Pokemon and has a reduced chance to hit when used by non Ice-type Pokemon.

Misty Terrain now blocks confusion.

Destiny Bond has a chance to fail if used repeatedly.

Thunder Wave is now 90% accuracy.

Dark Void is now 50% accuracy and can only be used Darkrai.

Just found out Pranksters boosted moves fail completely against Dark types

• StoneColdMikey
    Options
    In an hour and 15 minutes I'll be playing I'm excited
  • StoneColdMikey
    Options
    WOO IM PLAYING
  • StoneColdMikey
    Options
    Oh yeah don't be surprised you're able to transfer your Pokémon go Pokémon to sun and moon. Data miners are finding that Pokémon go is in the data of sun and mon
  • Paprika
    Paprika Members Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Should this thread be closed for a new one now that the game is out?

I don't know when I'm going to play this either, it's being shipped in tomorrow but my time is pretty limited.
  • CashmoneyDux
    CashmoneyDux Members Posts: 11,217 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Paprika wrote: »
    Should this thread be closed for a new one now that the game is out?

I don't know when I'm going to play this either, it's being shipped in tomorrow but my time is pretty limited.

Yes
  • Blazedadon87x
    Options

is it me or do these new gen 7 games pick up much slower than the others as far as quest progress?

it must be the cut scenes i guess
  • StoneColdMikey
    Options

is it me or do these new gen 7 games pick up much slower than the others as far as quest progress?

it must be the cut scenes i guess

That first island all ? cut scenes .
  • StoneColdMikey
    Options
    All of them slow and weak let's be real
  • StoneColdMikey
    Options
    That new spider Pokémon might be great
  • Blazedadon87x
    Options
    Sion wrote: »
    All of them slow and weak let's be real

Cosign

I don't know why they did that, I'd say so far these starters are easily the WOAT. They might be viable in battle royale but as standalone pkmn they're ? trash :(

i pick Litten,and i was hoping i could of gotten the grass bird pokemon in a trade too because majority of the pokemon are just garbage as far stats except for Pikachu/Munchlax,and Magnemite

can't wait for the pokebank update in january...so far im still on the first island right before before the first trial and some of these new joints are just meh to me except for the joints we all know
  • MorganFreemanKing
    MorganFreemanKing Members Posts: 4,282 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    only got Rowlet cause i was intrigued by Long Reach
  • Karl.
    Karl. Members Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Japan

2 million sold in 3 days.
  • StoneColdMikey
    Options
    It broke 3ds records for most preorders
  • Juttythe3rd
    Juttythe3rd Members Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Karl. wrote: »
    Japan

2 million sold in 3 days.

Poke is still ? on these streets 20 years later bruh...a young Jutty was walking around with his big ass gray Gameboy back in the day playing red version at recess. Now to this day Lil juttys across the world is still doing it...damn.

#cubonelivesmatter
  • StoneColdMikey
    Options
    Sion wrote: »
    The bug and fighting ultra beast is ? broken

Smogon is apparently going to make Greninja and Aegislash OU again

Alohan Raichu is actually pretty good surprisingly

I thought it was official greninja is OU.
  • Karl.
    Karl. Members Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I see some critics saying its too easy. Any truth to that? Is it an issue?