• nj2089
    nj2089 Members Posts: 4,283 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lol everybody trashing this movie
  • AP21
    AP21 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 17,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    yea...

so...is it a reboot or an actual sequel?
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    AP21 wrote: »
    yea...

If it was a sequel it wouldn't be getting trashed.

It's a reboot that ignores the original while trying to recreate everything people loved about it. In other words likely a waste of Wiig and McCarthy's talents.
  • lazypakman
    lazypakman Members Posts: 4,913 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Broddie wrote: »
    yea...

It's a reboot that ignores the original while trying to recreate everything people loved about it. In other words likely a waste of Wiig and McCarthy's talents.

Are none of the original cast meant to make cameos then?

I like Paul Feig though going back to AD, dude always has solid laughs in his movies, and he's always brought the best (tolerable side) out of McCarthy so i don't understand how she would be wasted here.
  • Broddie
    edited March 2016
    Options
    lazypakman wrote: »
    Broddie wrote: »
    yea...

Are none of the original cast meant to make cameos then?

I like Paul Feig though going back to AD, dude always has solid laughs in his movies, and he's always brought the best (tolerable side) out of McCarthy so i don't understand how she would be wasted here.

Yes but not as the characters we know and love.

Giving Wigg and McCarthy something original is where they strive. Having them rehash classic comedy beats isn't a strong point for either. Plus they can't be Murray or Aykroyd archetypes even if they wished it so why even try? It's straight up lazy and pointless.

• AP21
    AP21 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 17,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    well i guess its the whole "women are equal" thing, but not everything has to include women.

Do you think a remake of Steel Magnolias or waiting to exhale would be the same with an all male cast? No, so why did they choose GB to reboot with women, i'll never know.
  • Broddie
    Options
    I don't mind women I just don't get why they threw out the established continuity that people associate the franchise (comics, video games etc.) with. Why ? on the dedicated fans when they're the only ones who would care? Especially when the previous movies left the possibilities of amybody opening their own Ghostbusters franchise business quite open.
  • lord nemesis
    lord nemesis Members Posts: 11,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Why........just why?
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Reboot? But it just said its a new team, so how is that a reboot?
  • Dupac
    Dupac Members, Writer Posts: 68,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i wanna like this soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo bad.......

• Broddie
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Can't bring myself to press play so I didn't see the trailer. But the director Paul Feige has said numerous times that it's a clean slate/new continuity approach and not "Ghostbusters 3". If that has changed I haven't heard it.

"anybody wants to come back I welcome with open arms, it would just be in different roles now, but it would be fun to figure out how to do that.”

“I love the first one so much I don’t want to do anything to ruin the memory of that. So it just felt like, let’s just restart it because then we can have new. dynamics. I want the technology to be even cooler. I want it to be really scary.”

"then I thought, well, what if we just make it new? It’s not coming into the world that existed before. It’s always hard if the world has gone through this big ghost attack, how do you do it again? I wanted to come into our world where there’s talk of ghosts but they’re not really credible, and so what would happen in our world if this happened today?"

Quoted straight out the writer/director's mouth.

• stringer bell
    stringer bell Members Posts: 26,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Just simply horrible...
  • Dupac
    Dupac Members, Writer Posts: 68,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i'm going to give it a chance.. i'm optimistic like that
  • Tragedy1
    Tragedy1 Members Posts: 170 ✭✭
    Options
    I'm surprised they made the black woman such a stereotype, at the beginning I thought part of the reason why they had an all female cast was to dispel stereotypes about women not being interested in physics, engineering etc. (she openly said 'I'm not interested in that science stuff' and a lot of people aren't but you'd think they'd be 'sensitive' about that since that's supposedly becoming the trend these days ).

I can't remember this from the original but are there ever any nice ghosts? Why don't they just leave them alone if they're not bothering anyone? Why are all of the ghosts evil?

I thought this was going to be a sequel and I thought maybe the women were the daughters of the original ghost busters. It doesn't really look good to me, obviously nowhere near the original, like most remakes, but I guess I could watch it online when it comes out. The characters seem likable.
  • A.J. Trillzynski
    A.J. Trillzynski Members Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    *presses play*

ahhgg my eyes!

the horror... the horror
  • a.mann
    a.mann Members Posts: 19,746 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Tragedy1 wrote: »
    I'm surprised they made the black woman such a stereotype, at the beginning I thought part of the reason why they had an all female cast was to dispel stereotypes about women not being interested in physics, engineering etc. (she openly said 'I'm not interested in that science stuff' and a lot of people aren't but you'd think they'd be 'sensitive' about that since that's supposedly becoming the trend these days ).

I can't remember this from the original but are there ever any nice ghosts? Why don't they just leave them alone if they're not bothering anyone? Why are all of the ghosts evil?

I thought this was going to be a sequel and I thought maybe the women were the daughters of the original ghost busters. It doesn't really look good to me, obviously nowhere near the original, like most remakes, but I guess I could watch it online when it comes out. The characters seem likable.

""Ghostlivesmatter"!
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
    I laughed. But ? the trailer made it seem like it's the same continuity
  • Young Gunner
    Young Gunner Members Posts: 7,505 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Should've left this alone
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I marked out at hearing the music again at the beginning... Then came back down to earth after the scenes started.

It would be dope if Dan akroyd or Annie Potts put the group together
  • Broddie
    Options
    Finally saw the trailer. This ? looks like a Netflix original movie from Happy Madison. The only thing I found funny was the designs of the non-Slimer ghosts.
  • CracceR
    CracceR Members Posts: 4,346 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ionno looks aight, they just shouldnt have called it ghostbusters