Bruce Willis Will Be Judge, Jury And Executioner In 'Death Wish' Remake

Options
1CK1S
1CK1S Members Posts: 27,471 ✭✭✭✭✭
?url=http%3A%2F%2Fdl9fvu4r30qs1.cloudfront.net%2Fff%2F95%2Fec0a052b4723a493f923cbfffd77%2Fdeath-wish-bruce-willis.jpg

For a second there, it seemed like we'd permanently lost Bruce "seriously, I'll do anything" Willis to junky, should-be-straight-to-DVD movies, and "Die Hard" sequels that lower the bar with each passing entry. But Hollywood still believes in the guy, and he's been tapped to play an ordinary man dealing with an extraordinary situation (sound familiar?) in a reboot of a gritty '70s cult classic.

Deadline reports that Willis will lead the long gestating "Death Wish" remake at MGM. At one time slated to be directed by Joe Carnahan, who called his version "a potential Oscar-winning film" in an email tirade he sent to MGM when he was clashing with them over the movie (surprise, he didn't get to make it), Aharon Keshales and Navot Papushado, the duo behind the recent festival fave "Big Bad Wolves," will direct. And their take will apparently follow Brian Garfield's book, which inspired the 1974 Charles Bronson-starring movie about a man who goes on a warpath of vengeance after his wife is murdered and daughter victimized.

So guess this rules out Keshales and Papushado for "Justice League Dark," which Warner Bros. doesn't seem to be in any hurry to make anyway. No word yet when production on "Death Wish" begins, but with major pieces in place, it should be soon.

Comments

• Rampage12
    Rampage12 Members Posts: 3,512 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Never understood how Bruce was in so many straight to DVD joints, he just seemed too big and above that with how many great movies he's been in. But I guess it can happen to anybody just depends on if the studio believes in the movie and how it gets handled. Hell I was surfing iMDB the other day and saw Morgan Freeman was in a straight to DVD joint just a couple years ago.
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I never checked the original but I ? with Bruce Willis, so I'm down to watch him shoot people for 2 hours.
  •   Colin$mackabi$h
    Colin$mackabi$h Members Posts: 16,586 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The original is good. I will check for this.