Options
    97aqhoejzy40.jpg

Need to see these lovely ladies with their own Netflix series
  • KnowReasonForPeace
    KnowReasonForPeace Members Posts: 2,996 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2016
    Options
    silverfoxx wrote: »
    whenever they did the scene and haf Luke in the acid tub, why didn't they remove the scrap metal from his abdomen shot? They only removed the shoulder scrap metal. Did I miss something?
    I think the shrapnel in his abdomen was being pushed deeper inside him by his elastic body so rosario couldn't get the rest of the parts out. Basically what makes him bulletproof was ? him up at the same time.the shrapnel in his shoulder was easier to remove I'm assumimg.
  • soul rattler
    soul rattler Members Posts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    whenever they did the scene and haf Luke in the acid tub, why didn't they remove the scrap metal from his abdomen shot? They only removed the shoulder scrap metal. Did I miss something?

You didn't miss anything.

I don't know if they changed directors mid season or if the editors switched up but the second half of the season was kind of sloppy especially the last episode.
  • IamNumberOne
    IamNumberOne Members Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    TheBossman wrote: »
    Finished watching all 13.... my thoughts.

1. Dude playing cottonmonth did a hell of a job, when he died the show dragged for me because he played a classic bad guy to Luke cage. If they ever did a new jack city remake he could easily play nino.
    2. Luke cage was balanced perfectly.
    3. I didn't like the shades character at all, horrible acting.
    4. ALL the women on this slow was bad, all. Simone cook playing misty knight, resembles Nicole beharie from sleepy hollow.
    5. The barbershop is cursed, let it go.
    6. They setup season 2 nicely.
    7. Diamond back was on his hitman/transporter ? in episode 11.
    8. The music was goat.
    9. I'm gonna use the coffee line asap.
    10. The major plot hole was them taking so long to figure out cage was Karl Lucas, by face recognition they found out diamond back was the man in the hoodie easily.
    TheBossman wrote: »

I agree
  • atribecalledgabi
    atribecalledgabi Members, Moderators Posts: 14,063 Regulator
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Just finished.
    Alfre Woodard had me rollin in that last episode when they had her in custody. She was goin off on misty lmaooo. Ima need that season 2 cuz she gon be a hilarious villain to watch. Replacing the biggie poster with the Basquiat was dope too.

I liked the feel and tone of the show a lot. Kinda blaxploitation-y and self aware enough to be self deprecatingly corny.

I don't even need to say anything about the music, the cameos and the overall blackness being on full display...y'all already know.

This is easily the best show out of the the 3 marvel netflix shows to me. Reason being, this is the only show where I was interested in the side characters. Everybody on DD s1 got on my nerves lol but I liked the story. And s2 I only cared about punisher and elektra. In JJ i only cared about jessica and kilgrave.

Only things I didn't like were juice as shades and some of the fight scenes. Shades is corny and I think another actor coulda did better. luke is a brute so when he gets down it's not gonna be intricate, but man...some of them ? was hard to watch lol. The fight with diamondback was cool tho.

I need me a luke cage hoodie with bullet holes in it
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Just started this luke cage journey.. lemme see i i can burn through at least 5 today..

ole boy looks like Brandon Marshall.

aight im out till i finish
  • playmaker88
    edited October 2016
    Options
    I play ball with the cat that plays shameek.
  • numbaz...80's baby
    numbaz...80's baby Members Posts: 5,104 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    About to check out the 3rd episode in about 10 or 15 minutes. Told a friend of mine that show was a little dark. She reminded about Batman. It has that type of vibe. I ? with it.
  • prime_time_willy
    prime_time_willy Members Posts: 948 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    iron man1 wrote: »
    Hold up ? I'm not saying 70's music is bad I'm saying that Luke Cage playlists is BAD

They could've done way better with the soundtracks, that ? is awful. Especially if the you're going for "soul music"

You're white until further notice

? please

8uq41quzjadg.png
  • playmaker88
    Options
    About to check out the 3rd episode in about 10 or 15 minutes. Told a friend of mine that show was a little dark. She reminded about Batman. It has that type of vibe. I ? with it.

bout to start the 3rd myself had a small bit of empathy for Brandon Marshall.. and the monologue at hte end of 2 >>>
  • IceBergTaylor
    IceBergTaylor Members Posts: 19,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Just started watching today.

Is that Ta-Ta, Hov's boy who plays the barber's ? son??
  • playmaker88
    Options
    Finished

Episode 3

Dammit... yeah i seen that coming well the moments before his chemistry with so and so was disarming though

• OmegaConflict
    OmegaConflict Members Posts: 39,030 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Finished

Episode 3

Dammit... yeah i seen that coming well the moments before his chemistry with so and so was disarming though

Stop ruining the show!
  • gemini86
    gemini86 Members Posts: 5,180 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    OmegaSataN wrote: »
    Finished

Episode 3

Stop ruining the show!

Trunks made another timeline. His version of the episode may not be the same as yours
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    finished it a couple a days ago ? was flames
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    313 wayz wrote: »
    That was dope how Misty mentioned her dad's favorite basketball team was the Piston's because the actress playing is from Detroit

we in here
  • Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ajackson17 wrote: »
    The ? was a mulatto demon that ? over her ? for a big strong ? like luke. If Killgrave didn't get a hold of her, then she would have experimented on the child she and Luke Cage would have made.

Ok bruh settle down

Nah, I'm never turned down.
  • silverfoxx
    silverfoxx Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 11,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I think the shrapnel in his abdomen was being pushed deeper inside him by his elastic body so rosario couldn't get the rest of the parts out. Basically what makes him bulletproof was ? him up at the same time.the shrapnel in his shoulder was easier to remove I'm assumimg.
    so basically he should have died but he didn't? ? was a WWE style cliffhanger
  • CeLLaR-DooR
    CeLLaR-DooR Members Posts: 18,880 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    so basically he should have died but he didn't? ? was a WWE style cliffhanger

I thought that about the abdomen shot too and assumed it was a continuity error
  • LcnsdbyROYALTY
    LcnsdbyROYALTY Members Posts: 13,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Watched the first episode of JJ last night. Gotdamn Luke was tearing that azz up!!
  • IceBergTaylor
    IceBergTaylor Members Posts: 19,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm thinking of just skipping JJ cause that ? look totally uninteresting. Hopefully I'm not missing much.