Reason Interview: Stew aka icecoldstew aka hlf

Options
5th Letter
5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
Stew sits down for an interview.

5th Letter- How long have you been on the IC?

Stew- Jan '03 was my sign up date. I didn't lurk much before I signed up cause this was the type of ? I did in real life, arguing/discussing about music and sports so I went in.

5th Letter- How did you discover the IC?

Stew- Good friend of mine found it and told me to check it out cause he knew I loved this type of ? .

5th Letter- Where are you from?

Stew- Lived all over from Hawaii to Germany but I call Maryland home, ATL would be my 2nd home.

5th Letter- Were your parents in the military?

Stew- Yea my pops was in the Army for 22 years, my first 17 years were the Army life.

5th Letter- How was it like traveling all over as a youngin?

Stew- It was a gift and a curse, the gift cause I got to live near my pops family for most of it and got to move to Hawaii at an age where I was able to remember everything but then I moved to Hickville, GA which was probably my worse nightmare lol but I got thru it.

5th Letter- What do you do for a living?

Stew- I work for a Sports Radio Station, I do a number of things but you could call my position a Producer.

5th Letter- How did you get into sports radio?

Stew- I was working a regular 9-5 desk job circa '05-07, I'd listen to the local urban radio station in the morning and music felt like it hit an all time low so my homeboy put me on to this station that played nothin but sports talk(ironically the same station I work for now). The national show that they aired at the time was Colin Cowherd, I didn't bother listening to the local shows cause I didn't give a ? about Atlanta teams. Anyway so I kept listening and was like, I wanna do what his producer does, so eventually I went back to school, got an internship at the station, worked hard and got lucky and got hired a year later.

5th Letter- How did you become a mod?

Stew- No idea to be honest lol just being a level headed consistent poster is what got me "recognized" I guess. One day I believe it was @Connexx or @KillaCham hit me and asked if I was interested and I was like Hail yea.

5th Letter- Are there any drawbacks to being a mod?

Stew- Lol I guess the only drawback I'd say was being the first ones to get attacked by hackers or whatever. Muthafuckas hate ppl with the smallest amount of power I tell ya lol but outside of that nah.

5th Letter- What are the pros and cons?

Stew- Pros- U can edit ? anytime u want( for the good of course). No flags( I still have a good amount from before lol this also goes into cons). Can get rid of the bs quickly

Cons- Ppl are gonna hate just cause u have a little bit of power, Hackers want your account 1st.

5th Letter- How did you get into hip hop, what were your first memories?

Stew- Living in Hawaii around '93, I was there when the west coast blew up, Dre, Snoop, Pac, Bone. We started dressin different, hair cuts changing, using slang, break dancing, that's the culture for us and still to this day.

5th Letter- Who are your favorite rapper(s)?

Stew- Outkast
Nas
Pac
Jay
Em
Scarface
Wu-Tang
TI

5th Letter- So what were your thoughts on Eminem's racist tapes when the first leaked?

Stew- I thought it was hilarious cause it was here when I found out about it and the place went nuts naturally. I didn't say much about it at first I don't remember then all of the "facts" came out and I defended him a little bit, not gonna front but only cause of how I feel about that whole situation with Benzino and the judging of folks for mistakes they made in the past, I'd be a hypocrite.

Comments