D'ANGELO RUSSELL VS KOBE BRYANT: WHOSE MAN LAW VIOLATION WAS WORSE?

Options

Comments

• S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2016
    Options
    KOBE
    Snitch Hierarchy

-Sammy the Bull level- king of snitches

-70s NY Drug Kingpins level- celebrated snitches, NY lost

-Randy From the Wire level- 'I know about the broken lockers. ...i know about the water balloons. ...wait! I know about a murder!!

-Kobe- I should pay em like Shaq does *tea emoji* This ? invented tea

-Deangelo Russell- You was 30 and she was 19? Thanks for saying that to my video
  • Dupac
    Dupac Members, Writer Posts: 68,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    D'RUSSEL
    Kobe never said it to get off, he said it at the end of the interview when they weren't even recording anymore...
    The ? got caught thinking out loud..

"Man I ? up, ? was I thinking? Shoulda just paid the hoe off like how shaq n them do. ? "

Dude still wack for it, but that ? was just stupid.. he wasn't trying to get Shaq jammed up, he just wasn't thinking

This ? Russell knew EXACTLY what he was doing. He didn't casually tell someone in the heat of the moment, he actively plotted on a homie, and then put him on blast...

If you had a homie that did what Kobe did, y'all might still be cool, you just mad he ran his mouth... you be like what the ? u thinking? You can't trust the police bruh, that ? wa stupid. You might be mad, but that ? was dumb he really ain't know...

Russell hung around, faked like y'all cool, all just to blow up your spot... and on top of that it wasn't a regular chick, it's a celebrity as well, ? bout to be a power couple, and he had a pure snake in his circle actively plotting against him...
  • S2J
    edited March 2016
    Options
    KOBE
    S2J wrote: »
    Revisionist history? Really! ?!?

1: Kobe talked to police and said it
    1a: In an attempt to get off during the commission of a crime
    2: Shaq was married with kids, tons to lose

Also, debateable bonus :Shaq ended up getting sued and exposed as a stalkin ass 'put gps in your car' ass ? . One could argue Kobe opened that door

The fact Kibe was grown, police was ibvokved, and shaq was married definitely makes it worse.

How was Kobe saying that, regardless of how he meant it, was gonna help Kobe get off from Kobe being accused of ? ...explain plz

Please. Thats like asking why did Deangelo did what he did. Dont know, dont care. Onus is not on us to explain their motive .

AND you never know what tangled web comes out behind ? opening their mouth, especially behind affairs. Shaq coulda been the plug for all we know. Literally have seen cases pop off behind that.

But long story short, you shut your mouth about other folk when in front of police and thats that.
  • S2J
    Options
    KOBE
    MARIO_DRO wrote: »
    ..AND YALL TAKING UP FOR CAUSE HE'S THE BETTER PLAYER... FOH

Exactly. Disgusting
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    Recaptimus_Prime360 Members Posts: 64,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    KOBE

Also, debateable bonus :Shaq ended up getting sued and exposed as a stalkin ass 'put gps in your car' ass ? . One could argue Kobe opened that door

The fact Kibe was grown, police was ibvokved, and shaq was married definitely makes it worse.

How was Kobe saying that, regardless of how he meant it, was gonna help Kobe get off from Kobe being accused of ? ...explain plz

I don't think he was saying it to get off. It was more like "I'm not the only who cheats. Shaq..." type deal.
  • S2J
    edited March 2016
    Options
    KOBE
    DWO wrote: »
    Kobe never said it to get off, he said it at the end of the interview when they weren't even recording anymore...

"Man I ? up, ? was I thinking? Shoulda just paid the hoe off like how shaq n them do. ? "

Dude still wack for it, but that ? was just stupid.. he wasn't trying to get Shaq jammed up, he just wasn't thinking

This ? Russell knew EXACTLY what he was doing. He didn't casually tell someone in the heat of the moment, he actively plotted on a homie, and then put him on blast...

If you had a homie that did what Kobe did, y'all might still be cool, you just mad he ran his mouth... you be like what the ? u thinking? You can't trust the police bruh, that ? wa stupid. You might be mad, but that ? was dumb he really ain't know...

Russell hung around, faked like y'all cool, all just to blow up your spot... and on top of that it wasn't a regular chick, it's a celebrity as well, ? bout to be a power couple, and he had a pure snake in his circle actively plotting against him...

We starting to rationalize one to prop up the other. Lets not. This is like arguing AIDS vs Cancer. They are both considerably and terribly wrong.

Having said that, you saying 'bout to be a power couple', uhhh yea Shaq is damn near wealthy, not rich. That could have/did cost him hundreds of millions
  • Dupac
    Options
    D'RUSSEL
    It wasn't even that, it was simply thinking out loud. They said it was the end of the interview after the tape was turned off.

? ain't even know it was in the statement. It ain't like he said the ? to shaq wife, or posted it online. It wasn't even recorded. He could actually debate ever saying it if he wanted.
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    D'RUSSEL

I don't think he was saying it to get off. It was more like "I'm not the only who cheats. Shaq..." type deal.

It wasnt either of those things. It was Kobe thinking in hindsight and out loud more than likely. Then the detective gave it to the press. What shaq does has nothing to do with kobe ? a girl. There is no benefit at all to bringing up shaq. He was thinking in hindsight, mentions one of his fellow teammates (by name) pays his jumpoffs to stay quiet and that he should have done the same thing with the girl hes getting accused of ? .

So yes, kobe shouldnt have said it because it DID get out to the public and it DID ? shaq over in some way, but that was never Kobes intention.

Russel's intention was to expose dude as a cheater.
  • S2J
    Options
    KOBE
    Lou_Cypher wrote: »
    Russel was way worse.

Kobe said that ? to detectives. Not to get Shaq in trouble, but to explain if he had paid the girl he had an affair with like shaq does, then they wouldnt be able to accuse him of ? . The Detective then leaked that quote and Kobe never had intention for that to go public or get back to Shaq. Russel secretly taped a man admitting to cheating and posted it himself online for everyone, the girlfriend included, to see.

But the point is, what did Shaq had to do wit anything that was going on wit him? That's what the general consensus thinking. It just came outta nowhere.

Its what Kobe was familiar with. It was an example from experience. It worked for Shaq to do this, it would work for Kobe to do this. When kobe said that it wasn't "? shaq! He pays off his affairs!" It was more like "Dammit, I should have just paid her off like shaq does with his chicks." Was not meant to hurt shaq because it was between two people, the receiver of that information brought it to the masses. The detective is the ? in that situation.

Russel is the detective in this current situation. HE is the one that received information, recorded it, and released it for whatever reason.

U really just called police an "? " like he's supposed to be your buddy

Your analogy blows up bc speaking to police is generally recognized as not a private conversation

That recognition typically increases ---sometimes, we dont want to generalize---in an interrogation room.
  • Dupac
    Options
    D'RUSSEL

We starting to rationalize one to prop up the other. Lets not. This is like arguing AIDS vs Cancer. They are both considerably and terribly wrong.

Having said that, you saying 'bout to be a power couple', uhhh yea Shaq is damn near wealthy, not rich. That could have/did cost him hundreds of millions

They are different though. Kobe wasn't plotting on Shaq, he wasn't even purposely attacking Shaq. He ran his mouth bruh. It was prolly dominating his thoughts cuz given the situation mad ? was prolly telling him " that's why you pay these ? kobe! You see Shaq caught up with a ? charge? No. Cuz he pay ? . Smarten up kobe, these hoes not playing fair"

I don't see how y'all don't see that ? . We all say what we shoulda did when we ? up. His mistake was saying that ? to a damn cop.

• Trillfate
    Trillfate Members Posts: 24,008 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    D'RUSSEL
    We can split the difference, really..

I think what D Russ actually DID was worse than what Kobe actually DID

But the consequences of what Kobe's violation were far worse than the consequences of D Russ violation are/will be
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

It wasnt either of those things. It was Kobe thinking in hindsight and out loud more than likely. Then the detective gave it to the press. What shaq does has nothing to do with kobe ? a girl. There is no benefit at all to bringing up shaq. He was thinking in hindsight, mentions one of his fellow teammates (by name) pays his jumpoffs to stay quiet and that he should have done the same thing with the girl hes getting accused of ? .

So yes, kobe shouldnt have said it because it DID get out to the public and it DID ? shaq over in some way, but that was never Kobes intention.

Russel's intention was to expose dude as a cheater.

i hate when CACs make sense in the midst of black folks arguing but u get this one .....
  • SolemnSauce
    SolemnSauce Members Posts: 15,860 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Cats snitch on each other all the time in the NBA...that's were "sources" come from.

Nick shouldn't have been cheating..
  • Dupac
    Options
    D'RUSSEL
    Russel was way worse.

Kobe said that ? to detectives. Not to get Shaq in trouble, but to explain if he had paid the girl he had an affair with like shaq does, then they wouldnt be able to accuse him of ? . The Detective then leaked that quote and Kobe never had intention for that to go public or get back to Shaq. Russel secretly taped a man admitting to cheating and posted it himself online for everyone, the girlfriend included, to see.

But the point is, what did Shaq had to do wit anything that was going on wit him? That's what the general consensus thinking. It just came outta nowhere.

Its what Kobe was familiar with. It was an example from experience. It worked for Shaq to do this, it would work for Kobe to do this. When kobe said that it wasn't "? shaq! He pays off his affairs!" It was more like "Dammit, I should have just paid her off like shaq does with his chicks." Was not meant to hurt shaq because it was between two people, the receiver of that information brought it to the masses. The detective is the ? in that situation.

Russel is the detective in this current situation. HE is the one that received information, recorded it, and released it for whatever reason.

Your analogy blows up bc speaking to police is generally recognized as not a private conversation

That recognition typically increases ---sometimes, we dont want to generalize---in an interrogation room.

To a street ? who has had run in with the law yea, but Kobe grew up in a totally different environment... Dude thought the cop was his friend... His ? up was some white boy ? , he prolly thought they woulda just laughed it off. I mean it is damn near common knowledge that millionaire athletes pay off women... ? ain't a new thing... It was some ? he was schooled on and didn't take heed to, and regretted.

The whole "I shoulda" is evident
  • Trillfate
    Trillfate Members Posts: 24,008 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    D'RUSSEL
    MoralOral wrote: »
    Cats snitch on each other all the time in the NBA...that's were "sources" come from.

Nick was being secretly recorded regardless of whether or not he was cheating.. he could have been talking about assassinating Trump he was still being recorded
  • S2J
    edited March 2016
    Options
    KOBE
    Russel was way worse.

To a street ? who has had run in with the law yea, but Kobe grew up in a totally different environment... Dude thought the cop was his friend... His ? up was some white boy ? , he prolly thought they woulda just laughed it off. I mean it is damn near common knowledge that millionaire athletes pay off women... ? ain't a new thing... It was some ? he was schooled on and didn't take heed to, and regretted.

And Deangelo is only 19...and and he's really like 19 going on 14...and his dad was in jail....and his ? up was on some prank ? , he prolly thought they would just laugh it off, and and Everyone knows ball players cheat and bag ? at the club----

It works both ways and in both cases its irrelevant. Completely irrelevant. That's terrible. And Kobe was a grown , sharp and smart guy talking to police. He was raised in Italy, not Mars. He knew better. Folded under pressure.
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Russel was way worse.

What is this fuckery.
  • ReppinTime
    ReppinTime Members Posts: 4,760 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This clearly just some I hate kobe ? . The comparison don't even make sense. Off hand remark vs delibrate detective work. Foh
  • SolemnSauce
    SolemnSauce Members Posts: 15,860 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Trillfate wrote: »
    MoralOral wrote: »

Nick was being secretly recorded regardless of whether or not he was cheating.. he could have been talking about assassinating Trump he was still being recorded

Keep it 1 hunnid at all times and you won't have to worry bout ? like that..

How many times you been talking ? about someone and they happen to walk around the corner..

What you do..leave, change the subject, try to act nice to em hoping they didn't hear?

Me...I say that ? again..to their face..just in case they didn't hear..they hear me now..and if they did hear..just know..Ill say that ? to yo face
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ReppinTime wrote: »
    This clearly just some I hate kobe ? . The comparison don't even make sense. Off hand remark vs delibrate detective work. Foh

this......
  • S2J
    Options
    KOBE
    ReppinTime wrote: »

no such thing as an off hand remark to police.

Take First 48 as just an example: there's ? ready to snitch that ask for a cup of coffee and notepad, then theres ? who ? under pressure and blurt ? out they shouldn't

Yall seem to think only the former is real snitching.

Just bc Kobe didn't MEAN to snitch doesn't negate he SNITCHED.
  • ChillaDaGawd
    ChillaDaGawd Members Posts: 12,021 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    D angelo......new ? smh
  • gns
    gns Members Posts: 21,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    KOBE
    Nah ? that i didnt even know the full 100 about the kobe ?
    He was talking to the laws?
    Thats worse. "Hush money" sound damn near like prostitution. Tf u telling that to police for? Aint no such thing off the record with them, they aint priests or shrinks.
    Kobe, russel, magic son
    lakers organization seems like a rest haven for ? ?
    #bullsnation
  • Trollio
    Trollio Members Posts: 25,815 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options