you realize that Barry Bonds and Alex Rodriquez won't be voted into the HoF right?

Options
sickbizzle
sickbizzle Members Posts: 1,184 ✭✭
edited July 2010 in From the Cheap Seats
no matter how many records Bonds has next to Babe Ruth or how many HR's over 600 Arod hits - they will still be ignored by the voters and will never go into the Hall of Fame.

that's just how it is - they cheated, end of story. steroids were/are not only illegal but have been specifically banned for use in the MLB since ~ 1990. nothing will change this fact, they won't get in and we've already seen examples of this by the voters.

NY you can carry on with the contrived hype for Arod's HR count now but stop pretending like anyone cares or that it means anything in the true scope of Baseball history.

just sayin..

Comments

• dc's teflondon
    dc's teflondon Members Posts: 5,895 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    they'll get in; but not first ballot...and if they don't get in mlb should give therm back all their memorabilia they have at the hall
  • jackthemack
    jackthemack Members Posts: 11,491 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    That'd be complete ? if they don't get in.
  • sickbizzle
    edited July 2010
    Options
    they won't get in, this is common knowledge. speculation ended when Mark McGwire got 17% of the vote and you need 75%.
  • D.D.S.
    D.D.S. Members Posts: 7,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    yeah, we know
    millz/shitman
    LOCK THIS ?
  • jackthemack
    jackthemack Members Posts: 11,491 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    sickbizzle wrote: »
    they won't get in, this is common knowledge. speculation ended when Mark McGwire got 17% of the vote and you need 75%.

Considering McGwire was 1/10th of the player Bonds was. Bonds/A Rod are gold glove MVPs of their respective leagues. You can't compare McG to Bonds or A Rod. Bonds was a HoF before the roids. He just became a gawd with the juice.
  • sickbizzle
    edited July 2010
    Options
    D.D.S. wrote: »
    yeah, we know
    millz/shitman
    LOCK THIS ?

at least you admit the truth. if fans like me have to be subjected to this ? Arod hype then some of these ? ass NY fans can deal with an open thread in the CS stating the obvious truth. apparently they need to be reminded since they're celebrating and giving passes to cheaters
  • Darius
    Darius Members Posts: 22,649 ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    unless there is an actual rule in place that denies them entry, i could see A-Rod getting in, but not Bonds. Remember the media votes them in and Bonds spent decades burning bridges w/ the media where Arod seems to be in good graces with them, plus he semi apologized/admitted to it so i'm sure they'll give him more leniency than they would bonds
  • deeroc22
    deeroc22 Members Posts: 4,548 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    AROD WILL GET IN... BONDS prolly not cause he was ? for all those yrs and NEVER won a WORLD SERIES....

DONT Bring McGuire up...he LOST ALL HOPE when he got in front of Congress and said that ? , same with Palmeiro.

and T/S dont forget theres still like a hundred or so names from that list that AROD was on... and im almost certain either Frank Thomas or Paul Konerko were juicing....jus sayin.
  • KeepOnPushing
    KeepOnPushing Members Posts: 17,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    So The Same A-Rod Who Was Right in Front of the TV Screen saying "Yes I Used Steriods"....

But ya'll Saying He Will Get in???????...........

? Was All on TV Saying he Cheated........No One is Even Excited about him Getting his 600 Homerun Besides ESPN and Yankee Stans........Cuz Nobody Has any Respect for him anymore...
  • Darius
    edited July 2010
    Options
    So The Same A-Rod Who Was Right in Front of the TV Screen saying "Yes I Used Steriods"....

But ya'll Saying He Will Get in???????...........

? Was All on TV Saying he Cheated........No One is Even Excited about him Getting his 600 Homerun Besides ESPN and Yankee Stans........Cuz Nobody Has any Respect for him anymore...

nah, what i'm saying is that the Arod has a better chance. 1. because he semi admitted it and 2. because he's as much of an ? to the media (the voters) as Bonds is.
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    They both will because most people in this era did roids and just don't give a ? period. The only people who care about steroids is Congress and old foogie traditionalists.
  • KeepOnPushing
    edited July 2010
    Options
    matt- wrote: »
    nah, what i'm saying is that the Arod has a better chance. 1. because he semi admitted it and 2. because he's as much of an ? to the media (the voters) as Bonds is.

Nah he didnt "Semi" ...He flat out admitted it ............ i just dont see A-Rod getting 75% Votes....

Bonds i agree due to him pretty much being on some "? the Media" type ? ....

but i see what you're trying to say , pretty much out of the 2 who would have the better chance is what your saying....But no way do i see that happening...because if A-Rod gets in all hell would break loose, Baseball players and analyst would then start naming players Who were HOF material but Caught Cheating or Suspected of Cheating who Also need to be in the HOF if A-Rod were to get in ....
  • sickbizzle
    edited July 2010
    Options
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    They both will because most people in this era did roids and just don't give a ? period. The only people who care about steroids is Congress and old foogie traditionalists.

everybody that matters for voting in players into the HoF cares, believe that. steroids is not only ILLEGAL but was strictly against MLB rules, there's simply no way around the fact that they cheated at the game of Baseball. Pete Rose has a better chance of getting in.
  • Dick Shitman
    Dick Shitman Members Posts: 9,032 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    usmarin3 wrote: »

but those are the ones doing the voting
  • Darius
    edited July 2010
    Options
    "experimented to a banned substance that triggered a positive test"

thats the only reason i say "semi" because its not a total admission of using steroids. but yeah we all know what he's talking about
  • Darius
    edited July 2010
    Options
    ? Shitman wrote: »
    but those are the ones doing the voting

and its not even true. fans in their 20's, 30's, and 40's (or whatever pre-old foogie age group) looks down on players that use steroids. I'd say less than maybe 20% of anyone who follows baseball, of any age, can look past steroid use
  • deeroc22
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Yeah but he didnt go on a campaign Ala Clemens, and didnt shun reporters or congress ala Bonds palmeiro and Mcguire... thats why i say he'll get in.... its the image associated with the cheater not the act of cheating that will keep those guys out

All the guys who admitted it when it came up have gone on with their careers...those that denied are forever in the ? ...
  • Darius
    edited July 2010
    Options
    the thing i had a problem with is punishing a guy for doing something that was not tested for or involved any punishment during the times they were using it.
  • Darius
    edited July 2010
    Options
    deeroc22 wrote: »
    Yeah but he didnt go on a campaign Ala Clemens, and didnt shun reporters or congress ala Bonds palmeiro and Mcguire... thats why i say he'll get in.... its the image associated with the cheater not the act of cheating that will keep those guys out

All the guys who admitted it when it came up have gone on with their careers...those that denied are forever in the ? ...

but alot of people still scoff @ arods admission. apologizing for taking a substance that produced a positive result? not remembering exactly what he took? Sure its better than nothing, but still....
  • KeepOnPushing
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Honestly If you Have Been Caught Cheating Then You Shouldnt even Be On The Ballot....
  • deeroc22
    edited July 2010
    Options
    matt- wrote: »
    but alot of people still scoff @ arods admission. apologizing for taking a substance that produced a positive result? not remembering exactly what he took? Sure its better than nothing, but still....

yeah..he's got the worst speech writers...LOL but he's been better a saying as little as possible...

And as a Yankees fan I dont care whether or not he gets in..or whether he breaks the record... i just want him to ? ? in the playoffs like last year..
  • damon03
    damon03 Members Posts: 493
    edited July 2010
    Options
    ARod will get in. First ballot
  • Eternal Bachelor
    Eternal Bachelor Members Posts: 656
    edited July 2010
    Options
    sickbizzle wrote: »
    no matter how many records Bonds has next to Babe Ruth or how many HR's over 600 Arod hits - they will still be ignored by the voters and will never go into the Hall of Fame.

that's just how it is - they cheated, end of story. steroids were/are not only illegal but have been specifically banned for use in the MLB since ~ 1990. nothing will change this fact, they won't get in and we've already seen examples of this by the voters.

NY you can carry on with the contrived hype for Arod's HR count now but stop pretending like anyone cares or that it means anything in the true scope of Baseball history.

just sayin..

first...bonds never used steroids...he used HGH...i wish i could give negative rep points here...

2nd...they'll get in...eventually
  • Coo Coo Cal's Beanie
    Coo Coo Cal's Beanie Members Posts: 3,864 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    They both will get in
  • KeepOnPushing
    edited July 2010
    Options
    first...bonds never used steroids...he used HGH...i wish i could give negative rep points here...

2nd...they'll get in...eventually

ROFL LOL...Lmao