Why Hollywood Won't Cast Tobey Maguire Anymore

Options
1CK1S
1CK1S Members Posts: 27,471 ✭✭✭✭✭

Comments

• Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He's low key Leo's butt buddy. So he'll always be looked after in Hollywood.
  • sapp08_2001
    sapp08_2001 Members Posts: 7,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hes been more into producing for films than acting. Dude also has two kids so its understandable
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This is kinda corny. Plenty of top actors dont do huge movies every year.
  • Maximus Rex
    Maximus Rex Members Posts: 6,354 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    For the same reason the don't cast Adrian Brody. Is Macguire still attached to the Robotech project?
  • S2J
    Options
    Adrian Bridy a good example, You make millions and have your legacy movie already in tact, you free to do whatever you want. Lil indie type gigs and directing
  • marc123
    marc123 Members Posts: 16,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @1CK1S

what did u post this random ? ? ?
  • white sympathizer
    white sympathizer Members Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Because everybody hated spiderman 3
  • KNiGHTS
    KNiGHTS Members Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He killed his own career when he didn't sign the contract for the second Spider-Man trilogy after the second one generated all that love. Him and Snagglepuss were all, "We don't know if we want to come back after 3 and be typecast."

Then Raimi blew all of the next trilogy's villains in one ? film.

Then when him and Snagglepuss realized, "Oh, ? ! No one will hire us after this mega flop! Sure we'll do sequels!"

Sony said, "? off."

I remember all of this because I thought they were both arrogant as ? in interviews about who they were as actors. It was like, "Yo, you're Leonardo DiCaprio's friend and the little girl vampire from Interview with the Vampire. This is your lottery ticket! Cash it in!"

They were talking about typecasting when the reality is they were a step above barely cast. Sad part is the cat who played Sandman killed his part in 3, and it's buried in the ? .
  • nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lol the funny ? is all these young actors leaving super hero roles using typecast excuse they stull end up not doing a damn thing of majore significance once they leave those roles.

What has Sarah Michele Gellar done since Buffy? Or Tom Welling once Smallville ended?
  • marc123
    marc123 Members Posts: 16,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Rampage12
    Rampage12 Members Posts: 3,512 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    marc123 wrote: »
    This was a good movie tho...

https://youtube.com/watch?v=0Jvi7OcEQWM

I liked it even though it was kinda hard to take Tobey serious as a ? badass soldier.
  • Rampage12
    Options
    He was also just in ? Sacrifice which got really good reviews.
  • Rampage12
    Options
    KNiGHTS wrote: »
    He killed his own career when he didn't sign the contract for the second Spider-Man trilogy after the second one generated all that love. Him and Snagglepuss were all, "We don't know if we want to come back after 3 and be typecast."

Then when him and Snagglepuss realized, "Oh, ? ! No one will hire us after this mega flop! Sure we'll do sequels!"

Sony said, "? off."

I remember all of this because I thought they were both arrogant as ? in interviews about who they were as actors. It was like, "Yo, you're Leonardo DiCaprio's friend and the little girl vampire from Interview with the Vampire. This is your lottery ticket! Cash it in!"

They were talking about typecasting when the reality is they were a step above barely cast. Sad part is the cat who played Sandman killed his part in 3, and it's buried in the ? .

Spider-Man 3 got ravaged by critics but it was in no way a flop, it almost made a billion dollars worldwide.
  • Karl.
    Karl. Members Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Bark like a seal that wants a fish.
  • Built 4 cuban linx
    Built 4 cuban linx Members Posts: 12,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Wasn't it sony that forced raimi to put all those villains in Spiderman 3?
  • S2J
    Options
    Rampage12 wrote: »

I liked it even though it was kinda hard to take Tobey serious as a ? badass soldier.

He wasnt a ? badass soldier ....
  • OGDirtyDee
    OGDirtyDee Members Posts: 1,699 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Yes.
  • Rampage12
    Options
    S2J wrote: »

Wasn't he a POW who escaped in that movie??? Which is why everyone thought he was dead. That's pretty badass in my opinion.
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Wasn't he a POW who escaped in that movie??? Which is why everyone thought he was dead. That's pretty badass in my opinion.

Wasn't that Jake's character? I never saw it but that's what I remembered from the trailers.
  • Rampage12
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Broddie wrote: »

Wasn't that Jake's character? I never saw it but that's what I remembered from the trailers.

If I remember right Tobey was the soldier who everyone thought was dead but he was actually just a POW while Jake Gyllenhall was the ? black sheep of the family. Could definitely be wrong though, I only saw it once and it was right when it came out.
  • KNiGHTS
    Options
    nujerz84 wrote: »
    lol the funny ? is all these young actors leaving super hero roles using typecast excuse they stull end up not doing a damn thing of majore significance once they leave those roles.

What has Sarah Michele Gellar done since Buffy? Or Tom Welling once Smallville ended?

You can't call Welling a wash though because he said he didn't want fame or to act really if I recall. He seemed like he wanted Smallville over for a while. Gellar is a greeeeeeeeeat one though. She really, really, really OD'd on "I don't want to be typecast" juice when Buffy was everywhere. "I have to keep turning down movies for this show. ? !"

First movie roles were on some stereotypical dumb blond slasher flick ? and a lesbian sociopath, wasn't it? MTV Awards for best kiss then... what? Scooby Doo...
  • TheGOAT
    TheGOAT Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 15,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yea Brothers was a real good film.

I dont ? with Superhero movies. Never seen a Spiderman
  • themadlionsfan
    themadlionsfan Members Posts: 9,133 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    KNiGHTS wrote: »

Sony said, "? off."

Spider-Man 3 got ravaged by critics but it was in no way a flop, it almost made a billion dollars worldwide.

It was still garbage
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    Recaptimus_Prime360 Members Posts: 64,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sandman was the best spot on casting tho
  • KNiGHTS
    Options

They forced him to add everyone because Snagglepuss and Sea Biscuit kept dragging their feet about re-signing for the next trilogy. They were forced to throw EVERYTHING at the wall to cash out.

And it cleared all that cash because of the first two being awesome. No one would've came out for Spider-Man 4: Hold Up, We Give a ? This Time.