O.J. Made in America 30 for 30 Espn.

Options
THIRDSUPREME
THIRDSUPREME Members Posts: 7,519 ✭✭✭✭✭

Comments

• ghostdog56
    ghostdog56 Members Posts: 2,947 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What's the name of the song that was playing?
  • emaculate
    emaculate Members Posts: 554 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ghostdog56 wrote: »
    What's the name of the song that was playing?
    Sinnerman - may not be the exact version

https://youtu.be/QH3Fx41Jpl4
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Playing right now on ABC. Really good so far.
  • lion_heart
    lion_heart Members Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Dope. 2 hours flew by
  • marc123
    marc123 Members Posts: 16,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'll wait n download all 5 parts. Then binge em...
  • ghostdog56
    ghostdog56 Members Posts: 2,947 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I didn't know OJ was married to a black woman at first and smh at that white dude saying he liked him because he didn't look like a typical African and he had white features, the ? had big nose big lips and nappy hair
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    marc123 wrote: »
    I'll wait n download all 5 parts. Then binge em...

Some movie theaters are actually playing all 9 hours all at once with like 2 intermissions.
  • ckfree
    ckfree Members Posts: 9,659 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    joe namath started teasing oj about his name and I KNOW he thought about killing him right then

imagine years later learning oj killed 2 people and you think about how oj may have thought about killing you over a bad joke back in 1983

lmao

those black and white videos of l.a burning juxtaposed with the colorful sunny aerial of the coliseum

MAN

muhammad ali and his blackness and oj and white society embracing him

theres a whole lot here

i could watch all 8 hours straight right now if theyd let me

i cant wait til tuesday

just play it in place of game 5 on monday
  • thegreatunknown
    thegreatunknown Members Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2016
    Options
    First part was good. Confirmed what I always thought about OJ, huge sellout. Thinking back, I grew up in upstate NY and that's Bills country. My dad loved the Bills, but didn't like OJ. He never really articulated why other than the fact he felt he wasn't genuine... Some of the things said about him last night probably led to his dislike of the man.

I want to see where it goes from here...
  • D. Morgan
    D. Morgan Members Posts: 11,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Was really just like damn how that white man called John Carlos and Tommy Smith black power fist at the olympics "A lil fist pump".

OJ is a wild ass dude for real.

I really want to know if OJ still feels that selling out and separating himself from black people was the right move.
  • fortyacres
    fortyacres Members, Moderators Posts: 4,479 Regulator
    Options
    im not sure after watching the first episode if OJ was a sellout as Stephen A called him out on first take, he just seemed like a regular kid who just wanted to make it big and play the game the only way he knew how like a lot of other celebrated black athletes people exalt as real, and (no disrespect) but all these problack ? like Jim Brown , Kareem and Bill Russell all messed with and married white women so there is some hypocrisy there.

Maybe later in his career but not from what i saw in part one i cant really hate on his choices when he was young.
  • King of GA
    King of GA Members Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Broddie wrote: »
    I didn't know OJ was married to a black woman at first and smh at that white dude saying he liked him because he didn't look like a typical African and he had white features, the ? had big nose big lips and nappy hair

Where did you think his black kids came from?

I used to think his oldest daughter, Arnelle I think, was fine...
  • D. Morgan
    Options
    King of GA wrote: »
    Broddie wrote: »

Where did you think his black kids came from?

I used to think his oldest daughter, Arnelle I think, was fine...

Unless she been in a horrific accident she should STILL be fine.
  • D. Morgan
    edited June 2016
    Options
    fortyacres wrote: »
    im not sure after watching the first episode if OJ was a sellout as Stephen A called him out on first take, he just seemed like a regular kid who just wanted to make it big and play the game the only way he knew how like a lot of other celebrated black athletes people exalt as real, and (no disrespect) but all these problack ? like Jim Brown , Kareem and Bill Russell all messed with and married white women so there is some hypocrisy there.

Maybe later in his career but not from what i saw in part one i cant really hate on his choices when he was young.

I agree with the bold. But at the sametime they stood up as proud black men and spoke out loudly against how black people were treated. OJ didn't even want to be considered black. That is a big ass difference and this was when he was young. OJ was definitely a sellout. No way around that IMO.

Did you hear the part where the white dude told the story of how the white said "look at OJ over there with all those ? ." Then he said how OJ was happy how she didn't consider him one of "them"
  • manofmorehouse
    manofmorehouse Members Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Great documentary so far. I think the first part did it for me. I always assumed that OJ was innocent and he was set up as a black man trying to make it as a sports star in america. This ? refused to even acknowledge the plight at the time, and he was arguably the most visible. He was opportunistic at a time where blacks were demanding justice.

Granted, everyone isn't built for that fight, but to completely ignore it?? Yeah, he started that ? that jordan, Kobe, and Tiger ran with: ? with platforms that would rather stay silent
  • fortyacres
    Options
    D. Morgan wrote: »

I agree with the bold. But at the sametime they stood up as proud black men and spoke out loudly against how black people were treated. OJ didn't even want to be considered black. That is a big ass difference and this was when he was young. OJ was definitely a sellout. No way around that IMO.

Did you hear the part where the white dude told the story of how the white said "look at OJ over there with all those ? ." Then he said how OJ was happy how she didn't consider him one of "them"

I dont trust white people when it come to hindsight with black people,and always want to beat them down when they are pretty much defenseless , they always act like they knew something and always talk ? .

And that white dude clearly does not give a ? about black people and OJ, coz if he did and knew he was on TV he would have been PC about saying "N Word" ON tv and not "? " and be censored , i know it might be nitpicking but i didnt like that ? at all.

And im saying look at it from another "P.O.V", there are alot of athletes who just aint cut from the cloth of being political and OJ at the height of all the black power movement was in College B, all these other dudes were professional older athletes , i really wouldnt expect OJ to be very vocal about civil right coz he has more to lose than all them dudes who had already somewhat made it, and why are they just picked on OJ seems unfair coz you had other Black Athletes/Celebrities that cameout of that era that said nothing or towed the line when it came to saying the PC things about civil rights.If OJ had lost his scholarship or not been drafted for being vocal on Black Rights how many of these dudes would've feed or took care his wife and young family if we a being real about it,

.... and im pretty sure he was aware of his blackness he was in ROOTS after all lol.
  • D. Morgan
    Options

I dont trust white people when it come to hindsight with black people,and always want to beat them down when they are pretty much defenseless , they always act like they knew something and always talk ? .

And that white dude clearly does not give a ? about black people and OJ, coz if he did and knew he was on TV he would have been PC about saying "N Word" ON tv and not "? " and be censored , i know it might be nitpicking but i didnt like that ? at all.

And im saying look at it from another "P.O.V", there are alot of athletes who just aint cut from the cloth of being political and OJ at the height of all the black power movement was in College B, all these other dudes were professional older athletes , i really wouldnt expect OJ to be very vocal about civil right coz he has more to lose than all them dudes who had already somewhat made it, and why are they just picked on OJ seems unfair coz you had other Black Athletes/Celebrities that cameout of that era that said nothing or towed the line when it came to saying the PC things about civil rights.If OJ had lost his scholarship or not been drafted for being vocal on Black Rights how many of these dudes would've feed or took care his wife and young family if we a being real about it,

.... and im pretty sure he was aware of his blackness he was in ROOTS after all lol.

There is a difference between not saying anything and doing things to separate yourself from black people to gain white acceptance. I don't feel any athlete has to be political because we agree everybody is not built for that. Even though I don't like it I can see guys just being quiet about the issue as well. What I can't get with is the approach OJ took to which was to be a sell out.

We have to be honest OJ was brainwashed just like a lot people. He thought "white was everything right" and he did just about anything to be accepted into that circle.

I'll address the bold in 2 parts. First off OJ wasn't going to lose his scholarship he was too valuable to the school for that. Somethings in life you can't place a monetary value on and self-respect and pride is one of them. Those same athletes actually helped pay some of Ali's bills when he refused to go into the Army and the government wouldn't let him box to make money. So there is a precedent set for other black athletes to look out for their own who have been wronged for speaking out in favor of black peoples rights.
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options
    White people are obsessed with OJ. Still can't get over that L.
  • D. Morgan
    Options
    OJ should be able to get some money off of all these documentaries they keep doing on him. This ? is crazy!!!
  • So ILL
    So ILL Members Posts: 16,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Damn, a 5 part documentary? That ? must be up for parole soon lol.
  • D. Morgan
    Options
    So ILL wrote: »
    Damn, a 5 part documentary? That ? must be up for parole soon lol.

Next year 2017 FREE THE JUICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LLS ? if I care even though I feel he got railroaded on that vegas case
  • fortyacres
    Options

There is a difference between not saying anything and doing things to separate yourself from black people to gain white acceptance. I don't feel any athlete has to be political because we agree everybody is not built for that. Even though I don't like it I can see guys just being quiet about the issue as well. What I can't get with is the approach OJ took to which was to be a sell out.

We have to be honest OJ was brainwashed just like a lot people. He thought "white was everything right" and he did just about anything to be accepted into that circle.

I'll address the bold in 2 parts. First off OJ wasn't going to lose his scholarship he was too valuable to the school for that. Somethings in life you can't place a monetary value on and self-respect and pride is one of them. Those same athletes actually helped pay some of Ali's bills when he refused to go into the Army and the government wouldn't let him box to make money. So there is a precedent set for other black athletes to look out for their own who have been wronged for speaking out in favor of black peoples rights.

He was a kid in college at the time Bro , i do not expect that from anyone that young, the people they were comparing him were already professional sporting veterans, how yall gonna have this much civil right expectation on a kid.

and it aint like he was going around disparaging Black Folks , he still had his black friends and Black wife, he aint conk his hair , he wast acting coonish in public , so coz he aint pledge loyalty to the Black Power Movement he a sellout ?

thats too harsh (and this is just talmbout the earlier years in his life)

• D. Morgan
    Options

He was a kid in college at the time Bro , i do not expect that from anyone that young, the people they were comparing him were already professional sporting veterans, how yall gonna have this much civil right expectation on a kid.

and it aint like he was going around disparaging Black Folks , he still had his black friends and Black wife, he aint conk his hair , he wast acting coonish in public , so coz he aint pledge loyalty to the Black Power Movement he a sellout ?

Its plenty of college kids that were on the front lines of the civil rights movement. That wasn't OJ bag ok but that ? wasn't right back then as a college student or as a grown ass rich man.
  • fortyacres
    Options

Its plenty of college kids that were on the front lines of the civil rights movement. That wasn't OJ bag ok but that ? wasn't right back then as a college student or as a grown ass rich man.

and im asking you what did he do , that was so egregiously bad back then when he was young that millions of kids then and now dont do ?