Stephen King's IT Starts Filming Soon

Options
Lou Cypher
Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
stephenkingsitmovie-144714.png

Back in February, producer Roy Lee said, "IT will hopefully be shooting later this year," referring to the new take on the Stephen King horror classic. Well, hopefully sounds like it just became definite, according to the original novel writer.

"The Dark Tower movie is filming; IT begins soon. Pretty cool," King tweeted.
IT will be R-rated and has a script that as of February was being reworked by Gary Doberman. Andy Muscietti will direct the adaptation, which is planned by New Line to be two films.

The first adaptation of the novel came in 1990 as a TV mini-series. No specific release schedule for the films has been given.

http://comicbook.com/2016/04/14/stephen-kings-it-starts-filming-soon/

Comments

• Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If they ? this up I swear....
  • CracceR
    CracceR Members Posts: 4,346 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    first part was great
    second was kinda wacc if i recall correctly
  • Vader_F_Kennedy
    Vader_F_Kennedy Members Posts: 17,715 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Scared the ? outta me as a kid
  • harry knucklez
    harry knucklez Members Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    That ? gave me nightmares when I was younger. Ain't no topping the original.
  • Broddie
    edited April 2016
    Options
    CracceR wrote: »
    first part was great

The book is waaaaaaaaaay better than the mini series (which I also love) and this will blatantly stick much closer to the book. It's just that it could also be very easy to mess up in the wrong hands.

The definitive Stephen King stories to me were always this, The Dark Tower and Salem's Lot so I recognize I'm more sensitive about this kinda stuff than most.
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Broddie wrote: »
    first part was great

The book is waaaaaaaaaay better than the mini series (which I also love) and this will blatantly stick much closer to the book. It's just that it could also be very easy to mess up in the wrong hands.

The definitive Stephen King stories to me were always this, The Dark Tower and Salem's Lot so I recognize I'm more sensitive about this kinda stuff than most.

My mom let me watch anything when i was young. Watched IT at 5 years old. Didnt make it through 30 mins of it without running to my room crying. Would have nightmares for forever about clowns and they still creep me out today lol. Then when i was 14 I decided to read the book for a book report after I conquered my fears of the movie and watched it in its entirety a few years prior. Book ? me up lmao. That preteen orgy i read was the biggest WTF moment ive had lol. I was like "this is a grown man thinking this ? up, wtf".

Great book though besides that giant WTF moment.
  • themadlionsfan
    themadlionsfan Members Posts: 9,133 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    first part was great

The book is weird as ? though
  • Broddie
    Options
    first part was great

That's why it's so good. When they break down what IT really is and what the town is actually all about it completely blew my pre-teen mind. I'm sure King dropped a lot of acid when conceiving it.
  • PILL_COSBY
    PILL_COSBY Members Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    they-all-float-o.gif
    tumblr_m965w3ODCK1r7qjoeo1_500.gif

Been said this ? needed a remake. Now a dated movie like this needs a remake, it would be hard to ? it up. It would be cool if they made it up to date. Like start back in the 80's and then part two right now. Killer klowns from outer space is well overdo for a remake as well.

These two movies made me look at clowns different. I was scared as ? to go to mcdonalds with them ronald mcdonald pictures everywhere.
  • Vader_F_Kennedy
    Vader_F_Kennedy Members Posts: 17,715 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    first part was great

It is ..but its a good read if your into horror novels
  • A.J. Trillzynski
    A.J. Trillzynski Members Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2016
    Options
    I'm just gonna go all in with my expectations

this will be ? amazing
  •   Colin$mackabi$h
    Colin$mackabi$h Members Posts: 16,586 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Time will tell.
  • BenjaminE
    BenjaminE Members Posts: 3,679 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lou_Cypher wrote: »
    first part was great

My mom let me watch anything when i was young. Watched IT at 5 years old. Didnt make it through 30 mins of it without running to my room crying. Would have nightmares for forever about clowns and they still creep me out today lol. Then when i was 14 I decided to read the book for a book report after I conquered my fears of the movie and watched it in its entirety a few years prior. Book ? me up lmao. That preteen orgy i read was the biggest WTF moment ive had lol. I was like "this is a grown man thinking this ? up, wtf".

Great book though besides that giant WTF moment.

I thought it was more like a train... i could be wrong tho...
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Scary movies don't scare me anymore.

Movie was scary as ? when I was young but now it's corny with ok acting.