File Sharing. A Gift or A Curse to Hip Hop?

Options
2»

Comments

• x the unknown
    x the unknown Members Posts: 2,255 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lethal5 wrote: »
    Definitely a Gift for the fans....what I look like paying for an artist who constantly bragging bout how rich he is when I still live in an apartment. ..thats ass backwards.

I havent paid for music since like 2005....no ? given.

haa I feel u on that
  • TayGettem
    TayGettem Members Posts: 6,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I could give to fcks bout this artist I get all my music free. Why pay to listen to a rapper brag abt how rich he is, could fck my hoe, and call me broke? Foh with that ?
  • lethal5
    lethal5 Members Posts: 1,889 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Most artist dont make that much money of record sales anyways. So in a round about way, artist should be happy cause its their record company (that they usually hate & complain about), are the ones losing money while they make money on tour.

I read artist dont really make money of dropping singles. Singles are basically an advertisement/promo/ or basically a commercial to let people know your albums out their.

*the exception to the rule would be if you own your own company of course
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    Options
    Definitely a Gift for the fans....what I look like paying for an artist who constantly bragging bout how rich he is when I still live in an apartment. ..thats ass backwards.

TayGettem wrote: »
    I could give to fcks bout this artist I get all my music free. Why pay to listen to a rapper brag abt how rich he is, could fck my hoe, and call me broke? Foh with that ?

Thats cool, you just dont have any right to complain about music either.
  • lethal5
    lethal5 Members Posts: 1,889 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Stew wrote: »

Thats the irony, alot a music is so wack these days that i aint even motivated to steal it. ..its like nah, u can keep that bruh

• TayGettem
    TayGettem Members Posts: 6,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Stew wrote: »

As long as u listen u have right to complain especially if it's always free music.
    I never complain abt artist I fck with like K.R.I.T or Cole or Future
    But Desiigner, Lil UziVert, Young Thug can get all the way tf outta here
  • MiamiNights
    MiamiNights Members Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I don't know about hiphop,but it's a gift for me,you know how many times i got burn buying album hearing a good single and that was the only good song on there.
    Or how many of you'll bought a album from a artist you didn't know because it had a cool as cover,pop that cd in and you skip thru the whole cd lol.
    So i buy and bootleg my favorite artist albums and i download others,but if it sound good to me i'll go out and buy it still.