Does anyone here believe in reincarnation?

Options
kingblaze84
kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
I ask because I saw a program the other day about children and adults who gave very vivid details of their past lives as adults, animals and all kinds of stuff. It blew my mind away because like 2pac said, I hope there is no reincarnation (unless it's a very pleasant life) because who knows what you might come back as. My ex-girlfriend also swore she had a past life and used to give me very vivid details about that too. She also claimed to see ghosts, so IDK lol....

I'm skeptical on this, but since I am somewhat spiritual, a part of me thinks this is possible. Or maybe it isn't, but does anyone here believe in this? Anyone here know anyone (including themselves) who have had past lives?

Comments

• kingblaze84
    edited April 2016
    Options
    And when I say reincarnation, I mean on Earth, not in heaven or limbo
  • Melqart
    Melqart Guests, Members Posts: 3,679 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yes to both of your questions. At first it was a personal belief, perpetuated by A doctrine that had continually revealed itself to be true.

But then I had my taste of it myself
  • BiblicalAtheist
    BiblicalAtheist Members Posts: 15,668 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Idk, my kids didn't say any weird things like "remember when I was the mommy" or anything like that except this one time my youngest said when she was 7, "you know this is all just a dream and when we go to sleep we wake up where we really are". I thought it was a weird thing to randomly say.

It's strange tho cuz there is some dead people that stick around apparently or visit just to say hi i love you, some of them get to be born again(most likely into the same family people swear it's grandpa), some of them get stuck here unwillingly trapped in a groundhog day scenario, some of them become evil and cause the living to slowly/quickly ? themselves or make them sick....

It's hard to put it all together there is so many possibilities with little ways to know how or even why or if we just make it all up to explain away our own manifesting ghosts and demons.
  • kingblaze84
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Abraxas wrote: »
    Yes to both of your questions. At first it was a personal belief, perpetuated by A doctrine that had continually revealed itself to be true.

Interesting, how far back was this past life? How did these visions come to you, in a dream or something that you constantly envision? With the people I know who claim to have past lives, they usually say it's a bit of both.
  • kingblaze84
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Idk, my kids didn't say any weird things like "remember when I was the mommy" or anything like that except this one time my youngest said when she was 7, "you know this is all just a dream and when we go to sleep we wake up where we really are". I thought it was a weird thing to randomly say.

It's strange tho cuz there is some dead people that stick around apparently or visit just to say hi i love you, some of them get to be born again(most likely into the same family people swear it's grandpa), some of them get stuck here unwillingly trapped in a groundhog day scenario, some of them become evil and cause the living to slowly/quickly ? themselves or make them sick....

It's hard to put it all together there is so many possibilities with little ways to know how or even why or if we just make it all up to explain away our own manifesting ghosts and demons.

What's amazing about all that is that my ex would tell me similar things, she said her two kids and even her sister were also able to see ghosts and spirits. I spoke to all of them and they always backed her up, especially her youngest kid. They claim they could speak to some of them and the spirits always said they were active humans on Earth first, and some supposedly do ? with humans but most are harmless. My ex also said her dead father would visit her time to time and her kids even claim to have seen him past his death.

It very well could just be her and her family having over active imaginations, but they always sounded dead serious mentioning these things. It really makes me think what else happens after death, not that I want to find out now of course.
  • 5onblackhandside
    5onblackhandside Members Posts: 2,585 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    if i get reincarnated i hope i come back as a black hole and eat the whole mafuckin universe
  • kingblaze84
    Options
    if i get reincarnated i hope i come back as a black hole and eat the whole mafuckin universe

That's kind of ? up but then again, many people do deserve that.
  • kingblaze84
    edited April 2016
    Options
    I wouldn't mind coming back as a world class magician for some reason, magicians always fascinated me. Being a great NBA player would be fun too.
  • Paprika
    Paprika Members Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I wouldn't mind coming back as a world class magician for some reason, magicians always fascinated me. Being a great NBA player would be fun too.

This reminds me of a segment in a book called Aleph, a writer sees himself in his former life. Of course he is a nobleman, and not a peasant. It does bring the question, what guarantees you to be the tree or another human for your next life.

It is likely that people think too highly of themselves to live a life anew as a tree that may be chopped, rather than a famous man. Eternal life is the greatest and farthest reality but is engraved into a lot of religions. To be immortal without saying it is the collective human problem.

That's enough for now.

But I do believe in innate knowledge, obviously not everyone has access to it but it is worth the mention.

• Melqart
    edited April 2016
    Options

Interesting, how far back was this past life? How did these visions come to you, in a dream or something that you constantly envision? With the people I know who claim to have past lives, they usually say it's a bit of both.

This has actually been my exact same experience, suprisingly. It began as a vision, rather mundane, I was sitting in a chair in a weird looking house, I was a Caucasian man. This happened to me when I was a teen.

Fast forward around 10 years later, as I walked the path I began having dreams that were more surreal than any I could recall having, of being this same Caucasian man in the middle ages. There's no real way of me knowing the time frame but I'd say anywhere from probably 700-900 years ago.

crazy thing about it is that it started happening when I started to tinker with the heart area energetically. This is significant because in Buddhist esoteric philosophy they instruct their initiates to focus on the heart exclusively. So their emphasis on reincarnation is no longer a coincidence in my experience.

These are the kinds of insights that can only come from practicing, rather than intellectualizing, theological doctrine.
  • kingblaze84
    Options
    Paprika wrote: »

This reminds me of a segment in a book called Aleph, a writer sees himself in his former life. Of course he is a nobleman, and not a peasant. It does bring the question, what guarantees you to be the tree or another human for your next life.

It is likely that people think too highly of themselves to live a life anew as a tree that may be chopped, rather than a famous man. Eternal life is the greatest and farthest reality but is engraved into a lot of religions. To be immortal without saying it is the collective human problem.

That's enough for now.

But I do believe in innate knowledge, obviously not everyone has access to it but it is worth the mention.

Those are great points, almost nobody would want to return as a tree, it's not the most exciting life and much of a tree's life is helpless. But who are we to think so highly of ourselves, that we couldn't return as one? I know this much, I don't wanna come back as a prey type animal like a deer or rabbit that can't really defend itself. I'd rather come back as a ghost or something else, if I really have to come back to Earth.

The type of matrix the Earth is on has a ton of negative energy, so it's natural for people to want to come back as larger then life or powerful if reincarnation is real. But somebody has to play the role of the suffering peasant....it's a ? up dimension to think about, but it's a possibility.

I'm also a believer in innate knowledge, child prodigies are big proof of that.
  • BiblicalAtheist
    Options

What's amazing about all that is that my ex would tell me similar things, she said her two kids and even her sister were also able to see ghosts and spirits. I spoke to all of them and they always backed her up, especially her youngest kid. They claim they could speak to some of them and the spirits always said they were active humans on Earth first, and some supposedly do ? with humans but most are harmless. My ex also said her dead father would visit her time to time and her kids even claim to have seen him past his death.

It very well could just be her and her family having over active imaginations, but they always sounded dead serious mentioning these things. It really makes me think what else happens after death, not that I want to find out now of course.

I know what you mean, I have a friend who's 3 yr old told him about the time she used to watch him from the moon when he was little. He was so stunned he said his mind went blank. I was like wow if she only knew some people thing the moon is actually an observatory base of some kind. When you see your kid has the look of fear you know they ? saw something. How do tell them they didn't? I think most adults say that cuz THEY don't WANT to see, just keep it all blocked out. I know I do, ? that mf I'm built for the 3D world you can get your ghosty ass tfo! I told my mom when she was passing if there is a here to go to after here, DO NOT ? with me cuz she like my youngest(both libras) get their jollies scaring TF out of people.

So glad I don't see dead people everywhere, sensing the live ones is enough.
  • kingblaze84
    Options

This has actually been my exact same experience, suprisingly. It began as a vision, rather mundane, I was sitting in a chair in a weird looking house, I was a Caucasian man. This happened to me when I was a teen.

Fast forward around 10 years later, as I walked the path I began having dreams that were more surreal than any I could recall having, of being this same Caucasian man in the middle ages. There's no real way of me knowing the time frame but I'd say anywhere from probably 700-900 years ago.

crazy thing about it is that it started happening when I started to tinker with the heart area energetically. This is significant because in Buddhist esoteric philosophy they instruct their initiates to focus on the heart exclusively. So their emphasis on reincarnation is no longer a coincidence in my experience.

These are the kinds of insights that can only come from practicing, rather than intellectualizing, theological doctrine.

Wow that's pretty incredible, what race are you, if you don't mind me asking? My ex was light skin Black but she recalled her past as a White woman in medieval Europe, and she claims she was a witch during this time period. She even remembers being thrown off a cliff as punishment for being a witch, even having nightmares about it. It was things she thought about when she was at work or wherever.

Also, what do you mean by tinkering with the heart energetically? Is this during meditation?

• CracceR
    CracceR Members Posts: 4,346 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    according to hinduism depending on how you live your life
    if you don't accumulate alot of bad karma, you are going to come bacc to a nice position after reincarnation
  • BiblicalAtheist
    Options
    CracceR wrote: »
    if you don't accumulate alot of bad karma, you are going to come bacc to a nice position after reincarnation

And so we must just keep going and going until we finally evaporate or some ? .
  • CracceR
    CracceR Members Posts: 4,346 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

yea i don't know whats supposed to happen after that tho

• Melqart
    Options

Wow that's pretty incredible, what race are you, if you don't mind me asking? My ex was light skin Black but she recalled her past as a White woman in medieval Europe, and she claims she was a witch during this time period. She even remembers being thrown off a cliff as punishment for being a witch, even having nightmares about it. It was things she thought about when she was at work or wherever.

Also, what do you mean by tinkering with the heart energetically? Is this during meditation?

I'm black, Cameroonian descent. lol... Bruh I put it on my family the same ? happened to me in one of those dreams. I was being chased for practicing the occult lol... Don't know if I was killed for it or not but I guess it's likely. I was friends with a duke though so maybe I got away with it. Need to get deeper to find out.

This is quite the synchronicity. But this happens a lot in this...

Yea mediation technique. I'd say more but I don't want somebody reading this and ? around and mess their self up
  • kingblaze84
    edited April 2016
    Options

I know what you mean, I have a friend who's 3 yr old told him about the time she used to watch him from the moon when he was little. He was so stunned he said his mind went blank. I was like wow if she only knew some people thing the moon is actually an observatory base of some kind. When you see your kid has the look of fear you know they ? saw something. How do tell them they didn't? I think most adults say that cuz THEY don't WANT to see, just keep it all blocked out. I know I do, ? that mf I'm built for the 3D world you can get your ghosty ass tfo! I told my mom when she was passing if there is a here to go to after here, DO NOT ? with me cuz she like my youngest(both libras) get their jollies scaring TF out of people.

So glad I don't see dead people everywhere, sensing the live ones is enough.

That makes sense, lol I'm glad I'm not one of those people that see ghosts or spirits either, I wouldn't even know how to fall asleep after that. Some people just might have a gift (or curse) of seeing the undead and other things we can't see, hopefully we continue not having that 3rd eye open. I've heard enough creepy spirit stories where I'm glad I don't have to see that. It's bad enough dealing with idiots on the road or the subway train.

What that kid said is crazy though! Damn never heard nothing like that
  • kingblaze84
    edited April 2016
    Options

That's what I've heard, I had a former coworker who was really deep into the gnostic religions tell me that those with bad karma might come back as prey in the jungle or even be victims of horrible crimes and accidents.

I still remember him saying the people who died during the 9/11 attacks died in such a brutal way because of bad karma in their past lives. I don't like to think this is possible, and I still don't believe it, but he swore that was true. He also said some other things that would probably disgust most people (he claimed he was a ? officer in his past life, he was part French and German, half Dominican) but he even said anyone who suffers from horrible events in this life simply has bad karma. I tend to think it's just a coincidence, but some people really believe in that kind of karma.
  • kingblaze84
    Options

In some gnostic and Hindu train of thought, once a high enough karma is reached, one can become an angel, spirit king/queen or some other superhero type of ? . Not sure if that's true but it sounds interesting.
  • kingblaze84
    Options

I'm black, Cameroonian descent. lol... Bruh I put it on my family the same ? happened to me in one of those dreams. I was being chased for practicing the occult lol... Don't know if I was killed for it or not but I guess it's likely. I was friends with a duke though so maybe I got away with it. Need to get deeper to find out.

Yea mediation technique. I'd say more but I don't want somebody reading this and ? around and mess their self up

That's crazy lol, I can only imagine what you've seen. You must feel a little bugged out when you see these visions as a Black man. But it's really amazing so many of these stories have so many similarities, my ex said she dated a knight or a prince during the time she was a witch, but he betrayed her. Her stories were very deep (and I admit to falling asleep several times listening to them, she was very vivid), but what's interesting is that she wasn't into meditation as far as I know. I suppose different things can trigger the events, as you said earlier.
  • silverfoxx
    silverfoxx Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 11,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Fosheezy
    Fosheezy Members Posts: 3,204 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The resurrection of Jesus from the grave creates a problem for those who believe reincarnation is real
  • Melqart
    edited April 2016
    Options

That's crazy lol, I can only imagine what you've seen. You must feel a little bugged out when you see these visions as a Black man. But it's really amazing so many of these stories have so many similarities, my ex said she dated a knight or a prince during the time she was a witch, but he betrayed her. Her stories were very deep (and I admit to falling asleep several times listening to them, she was very vivid), but what's interesting is that she wasn't into meditation as far as I know. I suppose different things can trigger the events, as you said earlier.

The most surreal part of the occult is participating in present day society knowing that at least 80 percent of people walk around believing that western science is the only valid way of looking at the world and those that think different only THINK so rather than know... It's a whole nother level when your beliefs are validated outside of the accepted theoretical paradigm

It's especially a trip When the occult sciences ruled the world for the vast majority of our existence... It really is like the matrix in many ways.... There's a special bond made with people that have lived what u have and KNOW....

Most of them think of normal people who are told what to believe about reality as less than dirt Ima be honest with u... But for me it just feels more like a specialization imo... Even though most humans are missing out on like 80% of what it means to truly be human... But I digress.
  • kingblaze84
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Fosheezy wrote: »
    The resurrection of Jesus from the grave creates a problem for those who believe reincarnation is real

Why would that create a problem? Many still believe in reincarnation right now. Even some Christians believe in it.