Eddie House signs with the heat

Options
ReppinBKtotheFullest
ReppinBKtotheFullest Members Posts: 166
edited July 2010 in From the Cheap Seats
@WojYahooNBA: Eddie House has reached agreement on a two-year, $2.8 million deal with the Miami Heat, his agent, Mark Bartelstein tells Y! Sports.

Comments

• T-Rel
    T-Rel Members Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    not a bad look i guess, they need some shooters
  • Dick Shitman
    Dick Shitman Members Posts: 9,032 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    good move. he's a good shooter, can get hot off the bench and he's done it for a championship team before
  • Crude_
    Crude_ Members Posts: 19,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Eddie House along with Mike Miller are actually good additions for them. They are shooters and can stretch the floor. Thats what you want when you have players like Wade and James who command double teams. The Heat need to go after a cheap quality big a Dampier type of player. If they counting on Big Z to be they starting center they might not make it out of the East. They still might not make it out the East with a center, but it significantly helps their chances. Big Z is better suited coming off the bench or maybe even as a third option at center at this point.
  • allied
    allied Members Posts: 2,887 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Good pickup for the Heat. Damn they're gonna be stacked.
  • joeyfkncrakk
    joeyfkncrakk Members Posts: 2,956 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Eddie House along with Mike Miller are actually good additions for them. They are shooters and can stretch the floor. Thats what you want when you have players like Wade and James who command double teams. The Heat need to go after a cheap quality big a Dampier type of player. If they counting on Big Z to be they starting center they might not make it out of the East. They still might not make it out the East with a center, but it significantly helps their chances. Big Z is better suited coming off the bench or maybe even as a third option at center at this point.

Yeah picking up Eddie House was a very good move on they part, they dont have a real PG so he can come off the bench and u can move Bron or Wade to the 1 and have House guard the point.. really nice cuz u know LBJ is gonna be setting him up all day.. I dont expect Big Z to start I think oh dude Joel Anthony will be the starterand Z backs him up plus they have Magloire so they have options not great but solid.. I heard they might be grabbing T-Mac next.. Thats when things can start gettin real scary but its still LA ALL DAY
  • blakmagik
    blakmagik Members Posts: 46
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Damn I was hopin hed come to the Bulls a good look for the Heat though
  • jpcrack
    jpcrack Members Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_yl...diehouse072910

After completing the greatest free-agent coup in NBA history, Miami Heat president Pat Riley continues to surround Dwyane Wade(notes), LeBron James(notes) and Chris Bosh(notes) with strong complementary talent.

The Heat have reached an agreement with 32-year-old guard Eddie House(notes) on a two-year contract for $2.8 million, his agent, Mark Bartelstein, told Yahoo! Sports on Thursday. The second year of the deal is a player option for $1.4 million.

Miami beat out the Chicago Bulls to get House. With a history of clutch shooting that includes multiple big games with the Boston Celtics over the past three years, House will help support Miami’s starry core off the bench.

He also will give the Heat a well-regarded three-point shooter, with 749 treys made in his career at a nearly 40 percent conversion rate.

House played his first three NBA seasons (2000-03) with the Heat before joining eight teams over the next seven years. After playing nearly three seasons for the Celtics, House was traded to the New York Knicks as part of a package for Nate Robinson(notes) during the 2009-10 campaign.

The Heat are still weighing the possibility of signing free agent Tracy McGrady, league sources said.

Solid Move!!
  • KeepOnPushing
    KeepOnPushing Members Posts: 17,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Damn Lol......Him and Mike Miller as Shooters......
  • d.green
    d.green Members Posts: 12,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
  • John_Blazini
    John_Blazini Members Posts: 14,837 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    now im nervous lol i wish the Celts didnt let him go. we could have used him when Ray went in that slump.
  • dc's teflondon
    dc's teflondon Members Posts: 5,895 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    they going to get t-mac too...damn
  • freshb651
    freshb651 Members Posts: 8,240 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    this is bad.....for opposing teams
  • DRO
    DRO Members Posts: 9,943 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    T mac??!?!?!?!?! Man if they got him.. Its over!
  • Mvpbrodie93
    Mvpbrodie93 Members Posts: 8,036 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    He's a solid shooter. He had like 2 good games for my knicks last year after the trade. Him and mik miller are going to be lethal
  • illogics
    illogics Members Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Eddie house is nothing more than a decent second option. Other than hitting the occasional 3-pointer. He really doesn't add much.
  • one_manshow
    one_manshow Members Posts: 4,591 ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Good pick up...House is a good shooter and you can't leave him open he will end up surprising many people when he breaks out with a couple games hitting 5-6 3 pointers when teams play zone on Wade and company.
  • Rated R
    Rated R Members Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Looks like the Bulls were the team Miami beat out to get House. I wonder if the offers were the same. He had two really good options
  • Focal Point
    Focal Point Members Posts: 16,307 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Nice pick-up behind Miller and damn if they get T-Mac... smh V.R. Troopers will become Voltron and will be damn near if not already complete
  • af.r.i.c.a.
    af.r.i.c.a. Members Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    damn it just gets worse.
  • jay83
    jay83 Members Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    As A rocket fan, T-mac can play.............. WHEN HE WANTS TO.

If heat sign T-mac, you will definitely see a different T-mac. He wont have all that press and pressure on him and he can be himself.
  • Eternal Bachelor
    Eternal Bachelor Members Posts: 656
    edited July 2010
    Options
    illogics wrote: »
    Eddie house is nothing more than a decent second option. Other than hitting the occasional 3-pointer. He really doesn't add much.

sigh...way to state the obvious there , chief

house is brought there to help space the floor, nothing more...you act like they expect him to score 20 ppg...GTFOH...
  • illogics
    illogics Members Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    sigh...way to state the obvious there , chief

house is brought there to help space the floor, nothing more...you act like they expect him to score 20 ppg...GTFOH...

This is what happens when people try to read too deep into something that's not there. How am I acting like anything? I'm just stating why I don't think it's that great of a pickup. I think you sir, need to relax.
  • Coo Coo Cal's Beanie
    Coo Coo Cal's Beanie Members Posts: 3,864 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Now its officially a wrap. They got two 3pt shooters on the floor at 1 time. He's done it in the Finals already. Imagine Tmac joining. Lakers are done man. I dont like McGrady but we can use a player on the bench that can get his own shot.
  • Coo Coo Cal's Beanie
    Coo Coo Cal's Beanie Members Posts: 3,864 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    This is what happens when people try to read too deep into something that's not there. How am I acting like anything? I'm just stating why I don't think it's that great of a pickup. I think you sir, need to relax.
    the fact that they wont be able to double team when him and Mike Miller are on the floor is the point. SMH.

"Other than hitting the occasional 3-pointer"

thats why this is a great pickup
  • KeepOnPushing
    KeepOnPushing Members Posts: 17,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options

Reading The First Two Bolded then Reading the Last Makes ZERO sense, From the Jump Your Saying what he brings to the table then at the end you say he brings nothing....

Thats Why they Got him, For spot up shooting, What Else Were you expecting?? another All-Star?