All he has to do is waive his no trade clause, and its expected that he will

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=5418615

I'm just glad the cards didnt get him

Comments

• KeepOnPushing
    KeepOnPushing Members Posts: 17,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    If they Get Him it will Be a Huge Pick up For them, Hamels is inconsistent , and Joe Blanton just flat out ? Sucks
  • eyes low
    eyes low Members Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    why didnt the ? phillies just keep cliff lee
  • KeepOnPushing
    edited July 2010
    Options
    eyes low wrote: »
    why didnt the ? phillies just keep cliff lee

Because they ? up that Deal Somehow, The thing about it is they Could have had Both Roy and Cliff Lee, The Original Deal Didnt even Involve Cliff Lee....
  • Dick Shitman
    Dick Shitman Members Posts: 9,032 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Because they ? up that Deal Somehow, The thing about it is they Could have had Both Roy and Cliff Lee, The Original Deal Didnt even Involve Cliff Lee....

but the phillies didnt want to give up ja happ right? the same dude they giving up for oswalt.
  • Imaginary Playaz
    Imaginary Playaz Members Posts: 199
    edited July 2010
    Options
    ? Shitman wrote: »
    but the phillies didnt want to give up ja happ right? the same dude they giving up for oswalt.

naw J.A. Haap had nothing to do with the Lee or Halladay trades. Basically the Phillies claim since they gave up so many top prospects for halladay they needed to replenish the farm system and they didnt think they could re-sign lee so they used him for prospects. But the real reason is they were just trying to be cheap. Now that the move blew up in their face they had to sacrifice Haap to get Oswalt who isnt even close to being Lee. I like the trade because Haap has been hurt all year anyway but would have much rather if they just kept Lee. Cause now they ended up spending way more money and we still dont have any young pitching talent coming up
  • KeepOnPushing
    edited July 2010
    Options
    SMH at Them

Roy Halladay and Cliff Lee in the Same Rotation??? That would have been Instant Ether ......
  • Dick Shitman
    edited July 2010
    Options
    naw J.A. Haap had nothing to do with the Lee or Halladay trades. Basically the Phillies claim since they gave up so many top prospects for halladay they needed to replenish the farm system and they didnt think they could re-sign lee so they used him for prospects. But the real reason is they were just trying to be cheap. Now that the move blew up in their face they had to sacrifice Haap to get Oswalt who isnt even close to being Lee. I like the trade because Haap has been hurt all year anyway but would have much rather if they just kept Lee. Cause now they ended up spending way more money and we still dont have any young pitching talent coming up

gotcha. smh @ depriving the fans of halladay-lee
  • rice n gravy
    rice n gravy Members Posts: 3,324 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Phillies must got some naked pics of Ed Wade with some underaged children or something if what we are sending is true
  • KeepOnPushing
    edited July 2010
    Options
    The Deal Just Got Done ...
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options

yea that was it exactly but now they see that they messed up by not keeping Lee so they smart for jumping on Oswalt. Plus they can trade Werth for something(if possible b/c of injury) b/c they brougth up that guy last night who did pretty well. and to top it off the astros are paying 11 million dollars of Oswalt contract
  • KeepOnPushing
    edited July 2010
    Options
    lamontbdc wrote: »
    yea that was it exactly but now they see that they messed up by not keeping Lee so they smart for jumping on Oswalt. Plus they can trade Werth for something(if possible b/c of injury) b/c they brougth up that guy last night who did pretty well. and to top it off the astros are paying 11 million dollars of Oswalt contract

i Dont Think Werth gets Traded....They Need him, If they move him they'll just be relying on Dominic Brown who yes is a good prospect but you cant rely on a Rookie ...thats stuff u do on Non-Contending teams

i'd be shock to See Werth Get moved...they're going to need him

I Know they have had "Talks" on moving him but he's just solid across the Board and they'll come to there sense and i think keep him.
  • KeepOnPushing
    edited July 2010
    Options
    It's A Wrap for the Mets, That Lazy Ass Front Office Never Makes any Great Deadline Moves....
  • MillzOG
    MillzOG Members, Moderators Posts: 14,508 Regulator
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Werth isn't getting traded, originally they were saying that Jayson Werth would be part of this deal (being that his contract expires at the end of the season) but they're gonna keep him for this stretch run and get Oswalt, and right now the Phillies are the hottest team in the NL, it's gonna be a Yankees - Phillies world series rematch (like I predicted)

But im scared now, with Pettite hurt and AJ Burnett pitching like a straight scrub most of the time now it wont be easy goin up against a playoff rotation of Halladay, Hamels, and Oswalt. This makes the Rangers robbery of Cliff Lee instead of my Yanks gettin him look so much crazier.
  • KeepOnPushing
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Werth isn't getting traded, originally they were saying that Jayson Werth would be part of this deal (being that his contract expires at the end of the season) but they're gonna keep him for this stretch run and get Oswalt, and right now the Phillies are the hottest team in the NL, it's gonna be a Yankees - Phillies world series rematch (like I predicted)

But im scared now, with Pettite hurt and AJ Burnett pitching like a straight scrub most of the time now it wont be easy goin up against a playoff rotation of Halladay, Hamels, and Oswalt. This makes the Rangers robbery of Cliff Lee instead of my Yanks gettin him look so much crazier.

i Put Money on it that The Yankees End Up Getting Ted Lilly

Vazquez has Been Suspect all year
    Burnett has Been Below Average
    Pettite is Hurt

i Just dont see the Yanks Sitting Around Watching teams like Texas,Angels, and Phillies Get Better and them not make a Move.
  • Dick Shitman
    edited July 2010
    Options
    lol @ werth getting caught up in delonte west-esque rumors
  • MillzOG
    edited July 2010
    Options
    i Put Money on it that The Yankees End Up Getting Ted Lilly

Vazquez has Been Suspect all year
    Burnett has Been Below Average
    Pettite is Hurt

i Just dont see the Yanks Sitting Around Watching teams like Texas,Angels, and Phillies Get Better and them not make a Move.

thats what I'm hoping for, we need 1 more arm..and I heard theres an outside chance that we make an offer to the Nationals for Adam Dunn, but I highly doubt they'll do that deal.
  • af.r.i.c.a.
    af.r.i.c.a. Members Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    nice pick up. Phillies should take the division lead now and contend for another title. If Hamels ever regains his form form the championship year its over
  • KeepOnPushing
    edited July 2010
    Options
    thats what I'm hoping for, we need 1 more arm..and I heard theres an outside chance that we make an offer to the Nationals for Adam Dunn, but I highly doubt they'll do that deal.

Well White-Sox are no longer going after Dunn i heard today so they have a shot....Honestly adding a bat to that Lineup would be pointless, ya'll just need another legit Starter , ya'll have beyond enough offense
  • Imaginary Playaz
    Imaginary Playaz Members Posts: 199
    edited July 2010
    Options
    nice pick up. Phillies should take the division lead now and contend for another title. If Hamels ever regains his form form the championship year its over

quietly Hamels has looked like his old self the last month or so. I def feel good about going into the stretch with him as our #3, especially with our bats finally waking up
  • ReppinBKtotheFullest
    ReppinBKtotheFullest Members Posts: 166
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Hope my mets can get lilly the phillies are the favorites in the NL imo
  • MillzOG
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Well White-Sox are no longer going after Dunn i heard today so they have a shot....Honestly adding a bat to that Lineup would be pointless, ya'll just need another legit Starter , ya'll have beyond enough offense

I definitely agree, but the point of it isnt even because we feel like we need an extra bat...At this point, they'd do it just because the Tampa Bay Rays are tryna get Dunn, and imagine Adam Dunn batting 5th in that lineup
  • Coo Coo Cal's Beanie
    Coo Coo Cal's Beanie Members Posts: 3,864 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    If he's healthy during the playoffs the Phillies cant be beaten. But he has a history of injuries so its still not a lock for a ring yet
  • jackthemack
    jackthemack Members Posts: 11,491 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Why teh ? did they get rid of cliff lee and then get roy oswalt?
  • Coo Coo Cal's Beanie
    Coo Coo Cal's Beanie Members Posts: 3,864 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Why teh ? did they get rid of cliff lee and then get roy oswalt?
    CLiff Lee wanted too much money and they picked up Halladay. Oswalt wont cost as much next year. He's older, a righty, and has an injury history
  • jackthemack
    jackthemack Members Posts: 11,491 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    To be honest Id rather have cliff lee but oswalt is a good look