Reason Interview: _Menace_

Options
5th Letter
5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
edited April 2016 in The Reason
5th Letter-Where are you from?

Menace-Born in Hayward,CA Raised in Fremont,CA (EAST BAY ALL DAY) Lived in Tracy,CA The Bay Area is a great place to live in Cali but it's getting expensive as ? to live out here. Fremont is connected with cities
like Oakland, Hayward, Richmond and much more incase anyone wanted to know where it's exactly next to. As for Tracy it's in the valley next to Stockton and Modesto. Out of those 2 cities I would say I enjoyed living in Fremont more since I grew up there. I also lived in Jerusalem (HOLY LAND) from 2006-2009. I used to go their to visit family till before we moved there. All I can say is when I lived out there I took a lot for granted that I had here in the states. Like the freedom to go anywhere without being stopped at check points. The fact we lived in a place where some crazy ? would pop off had me alert 24/7. A lot of ? people see on the NEWS is far from true. You hear all this ? talking about how Israel suffering and endangered. But the truth is they're fine and well protected yet they call Palestinian people terrorists but the only weapons they got are rocks and slingshots. And Israeli people.. not soldiers walk around with m16's on their backs. I mean America has been supporting those worthless people so long they actually give them $1.5Billion a week but won't do a thing about poverty and children going hungry here in America. They won't do ? to help rebuild cities like Detroit or Oakland but won't hesitate to cut Israel a check for $1.5 Billion.
"They got money for Wars but can't feed the poor"

5th Letter-What is your ethnicity?

Menace-Palestinian

5th Letter-I thought you were Mexican? Wouldn't have guessed that.

Menace- I think I made a joke that I was Mexican years ago and everyone ran with it. But I always post in threads that has to do with the Palestinian and Israeli conflict so I don't know how no one hasn't noticed yet? I guess people assumed I was Mexican cause tthe name "Menace". A lot of people don't know this but Palestinians have a strong connection with a lot of blacks and hispanics. Palestinians been getting slaughtered and thrown out their country since 1948.
9gvyax.jpg
2yv15ec.jpg
bj7rpe.jpg
27xgjs6.jpg
23w1s3d.gif
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RnR2tmrvG0Q

5th Letter- What do you do for a living?

Menace-I'm an Internet Director for one of the biggest Toyota Dealerships in Northern,CA. I put in so much Hustle and Grind to get that job title. My job is strictly to manage an internet department to make sure every customer who submits an online inquiry is answered and buys their car from us wether its new or used. I manage the inventory as well I can get any car built any way I want. Even though I'm busy with this job I still do some writing on the side. I got some much music written I haven't had the chance to record yet but I will soon.

5th Letter-How did you become an Internet director for Toyota?

Menace-I been with Toyota for almost 2 years, In August I started in a different Toyota dealership 10 miles away from my old one. I started as an Internet Manager on the 15th of the month sold 11 cars in 2 weeks and made $4500 that month. Which opened the eyes of the Top Management. My job isn't a 9-5 it's when the Sun comes up till the Sun goes down. From there one I was selling 15-20 cars a month making over $10k-$15k a month. Which is a lot of money for me cause I was never making that kind of money before. After proving myself and showing my Hustle I was offered the position as a Director making $2500 more a month.

5th Letter- How did you get into hip hop?

Menace-My parents, My dad grew up in the 80's so he was listening to NWA,Rakim,Big Daddy Kane,Too Short,ICE T he even listened to Pac and Snoop. My mom surprisingly put me on more Hip Hop than my dad she used to play Regulators, California Love,Mo Money Mo Problems and a lot of other classics in the car. But I did put her on GAME's Documentary album, Start From Scratch is her favorite song on that album she knows it word for word. Also my mom did put me on the Goddess MC MARIAH CAREY.

5th Letter- Who are your favorite rappers?

Menace- Here's my top 10 Rappers 2Pac Nas ICE CUBE Big L Rakim Jay-Z B.I.G Guru Scarface Kendrick Lamar

5th Letter-You are pretty much Tupac's biggest fan on the IC, why does he and his music resonate so much with you?

Menace-Pac is not only my favorite rapper he's also my favorite artist of all time. I can debate with anyone on the IC or in person why he's the greatest rapper of all time. Like I said I heard Pac from my parents but as I got older I studied more of his music,interviews and watched his movies. I remember doing reports on his music in school and getting an A on every report.

His music to me is simply the reason why I say he's the greatest just because how versatile he was when it came to writing music and preforming it. You can hear the emotion and pain in all his music. The fact he can go from writing a song like Brenda's Got A Baby to Trapped to Keep Ya Head Up to Hit Em Up is simply amazing. PAC has a song about everything and touched on every subject wether it was Politics,Poverty,Violence,Women,The Struggle,or just Living good and enjoying life he had a song for it. Even though I was young when he passed I've seen and heard most of his interviews and I always got to remind myself he died at 25 cause he had as much wisdom as an OG did Pac was ahead of his time. If people like to call me a STAN it is what is. To me he's the Greatest Hip Hop Artist of all time.

5th Letter- You are a rapper? How long have you been rapping an how did you get started?

Menace- I started writing random lyrics back in 2005. I would also do some freestyles with my boys but I never actually started recording music till 2009 when I got some equipment. When I first started I thought I was the ? cause I was recording 3 songs a day on some Pac ? but the music was garbage and lacked creativity. I've had people tell me my music was dope but those people were my boys, so obviously they wouldn't tell me the truth. So I started posting music on the IC and got some real feedback and criticism. Most people catch feelings when they receive negative criticism feeling like everyone is just hating. But as for me I actually used it as motivation and to improve on what I was lacking as an artist. I listened to everyone who left feedback and what I should work on. And that's exactly what I did and my music was getting better. It made a better writer, it made me lyrically better and I changed the way my flow and delivery was. I haven't dropped anything in some time due to being real busy at work and lack of motivation. But these 2 tracks I did called THE STRANGER which I used a Billy Joel sample might be my best track. And Death Before Dishonor which is off Kendrick's GKMC beat is my favorite track.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bHe209Y3KJY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XzF6y7WpHD8

Comments

• BelovedAfeni
    BelovedAfeni Members Posts: 8,647 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Menace- Here's my top 10 Rappers 2Pac Nas ICE CUBE Big L Rakim Jay-Z* B.I.G Guru Scarface Kendrick Lamar*

I fixed and updated your list

#ThankMeLater
  • Ghostdenithegawd
    Ghostdenithegawd Members Posts: 16,231 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Joe budden average smh foh and

lebron has never had a team better than any of Kobe championship teams and you say a young thunder team like they ain't lebrons age
  • _Goldie_
    _Goldie_ Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 30,349 Regulator
    Options
    ? what, the heat was a ? all star team
  • genocidecutter
    genocidecutter Members Posts: 17,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Great interview. WESTSIDE!
  • Ghostdenithegawd
    Options
    _Goldie_ wrote: »

Did I say they weren't ? ? No all I said was he never had a team better than a Kobe championship team
  • _Goldie_
    edited April 2016
    Options

Did I say they weren't ? ? No all I said was he never had a team better than a Kobe championship team

lmaooooooooooooo so you're saying Odom and Gasol >>>> Wade , ray allen, Bosh?
  • TayGettem
    TayGettem Members Posts: 6,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

lebron has never had a team better than any of Kobe championship teams and you say a young thunder team like they ain't lebrons age

Joe career is forgettable af
  • Ghostdenithegawd
    Options

lmaooooooooooooo so you're saying Odom and Gasol >>>> Wade and Bosh?

We just going to convienlty forgot bynum?

Because it's realy kobe,gasol,odom,bynum

Gasol and Bosh are arguable wade over odom of course but then u got prime bynum aka baby shaq
  • _Goldie_
    Options
    lmaooooooooooooooooo @ baby shaq, ? what? Bynum was barely above kwame brown status. He wasnt anything close to a threat.

Not to mention Ray Allen, Battier, Miller, smh cut it out b
  • TayGettem
    Options
    What's some things Joe budden has done as a rapper that should be remembered I'll wait???
  • _Goldie_
    Options
    ? said baby shaq , Im dead lmaoooooooooo that mf barely avg 12 points a game with 7 boards and the ? called him baby shaq, you ? is crazy lol
  • Ghostdenithegawd
    edited April 2016
    Options
    lmaooooooooooooooooo @ baby shaq, ? what? Bynum was barely above kwame brown status. He wasnt anything close to a threat.

Not to mention Ray Allen, Battier, Miller, smh cut it out b

Kwame brown

h8lwejwmpl36.png

Andrew bynum

qgtddmob9xdb.png

But hey andrew was half a step better than bynum if we go by your recollections foh
  • grYmes
    grYmes Members Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2016
    Options

I can kinda see what he means with the Joe Budden angle. I wouldn't say he's average but judging from strictly his studio albums he'? or miss. The average fan won't rank him as high if they haven't ? with his mixtapes. I wouldn't call him a legend tho IMO.

Oh yea, and the interview was dope.

• Ghostdenithegawd
    Options
    Let's not forget when he shaq wanting to fight
    https://youtu.be/6GgapdZec94
  • _Goldie_
    Options
    Df is you talkin bout, you compared a ? who barely scored 15 points a game to Shaq, cant even talk ball with some of you ? lol

What's next luke walton is baby larry bird?
  • Turfaholic
    Turfaholic Members Posts: 20,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Goat IC interview

#freepalestine

#fuckcentralcalifornia
  • Built 4 cuban linx
    Built 4 cuban linx Members Posts: 12,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    grYmes wrote: »

I can kinda see what he means with the Joe Budden angle. I wouldn't say he's average but judging from strictly his studio albums he'? or miss. The average fan won't rank him as high if they haven't ? with his mixtapes. I wouldn't call him a legend tho IMO.

His mixtapes still count towards his discography, especially if the mixtapes are of original songs. It's really not much of a difference anymore
  • TayGettem
    edited April 2016
    Options

His mixtapes still count towards his discography, especially if the mixtapes are of original songs. It's really not much of a difference anymore

But he ain't did ? Joe is papoose status
  • Built 4 cuban linx
    Built 4 cuban linx Members Posts: 12,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    TayGettem wrote: »

But I ain't did ? Joe is papoose status

Of course, to you casual ass hip hop fans
  • grYmes
    grYmes Members Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

That's true, but the casual fan only thinks of "Pump it Up" when they remember Joe Budden. Other than the reality show BS his name ain't been out there as far as mainstream ? . Not taking anything away from Joey but that's the way it is.
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options
    I just added another question that I left out.
  • _Menace_
    _Menace_ Members, Writer Posts: 26,613 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lmao I didn't know the interview would spark a basketball debate or Joe Budden debate lmao