Vice:What It's Really Like to Fight for the Islamic State.. Raw headcam ISIS "fighters" in action...

Options
stringer bell
stringer bell Members Posts: 26,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aM3ElTvF52I
VICE News has obtained footage taken from the headcam of an Islamic State (IS) fighter who died in March while battling Kurdish peshmerga troops in northern Iraq. The clash took place about 30 miles north of Mosul.

Unlike IS propaganda, which often presents sweeping battlefield victories, the video shows chaos, panic, and the fighters retreating.

VICE News shows the grim reality of an IS foot soldier.

Rofl @ them retreating @ 5:24.. when ? got real by rolling away like ? ...

Comments

• CracceR
    CracceR Members Posts: 4,346 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    abu hajaaaaaar
  • RobCoLife
    RobCoLife Members Posts: 1,376 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This ? is hilarious.
  • The_Jackal
    The_Jackal Members Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Rolling? You might as well just high crawl
  • BiblicalAtheist
    BiblicalAtheist Members Posts: 15,668 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    That's how ya fight, just spray random bullets and rockets everywhere.
  • Trillfate
    Trillfate Members Posts: 24,008 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This is not a lifestyle, its a deathstyle
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
    hell na i aint built for that life my ass wouldnt show up to that death mission
  • zzombie
    zzombie Members Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    SOMETHING tells me these guys aren't trained very good
  • stringer bell
    stringer bell Members Posts: 26,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    TayGettem wrote: »
    What in the fck did I just watch..... Did they even hit anything from that far??? This looks nothing like how COD presents it

Air...
  • Bender Rodriguez
    Bender Rodriguez Members Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    what were they trying to shoot at anyway.... A base??
  • twizza 77
    twizza 77 Members Posts: 4,201 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    They're getting 69 virgins so its all good.
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Abu hajaar was straight ? up ...
  • Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Somebody play "Rollin" by Limp Bizkit while they roll away hahahahaahahah
  • dallas' 4 eva
    dallas' 4 eva Members Posts: 11,216 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Lmao I remember I read a book I had took out the place I was doing community service at back in 08 about a US soldier who fought in Iraq. He literally said in the book 'If these guys just knew how to aim they could ? all of us, we don't use any tactics or strategy against them most of the time we charge them head on and they run away without killing any of us sometimes.' Man I need to find that book I know I got it somewhere it was a good read. That's why I laugh at anyone who thinks these ISIS cats have any chance of winning, all they gonna do is get bodies chewed up.
  • Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    what were they trying to shoot at anyway.... A base??

That's what it looked like. I'm assuming it was somewhat closer than it appeared cause go pros have that fish eye lens. My uneducated guess would be around 400-500 yards away.
  • OhMars
    OhMars Members Posts: 6,085 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Its crazy to me, the Quran explecetly states its straight hell for people that commit suicide, but these ? are steady blowing themselves up.
  • BlevlandBoyBool
    BlevlandBoyBool Members Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭
    Options
    [quote="dallas' 4 eva;8962514"He literally said in the book 'If these guys just knew how to aim they could ? all of us, we don't use any tactics or strategy against them most of the time we charge them head on and they run away without killing any of us sometimes..[/quote]

• jetlifebih
    jetlifebih Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    OhMars wrote: »
    Its crazy to me, the Quran explecetly states its straight hell for people that commit suicide, but these ? are steady blowing themselves up.

You speak or read Arabic? Or what ever the original language the Quran was written or spoken in?

Orrrrr do you have an American version which more often than not doesn't even have the same meaning by the end of the translation?
  • The_Jackal
    Options
    jetlifebih wrote: »

You speak or read Arabic? Or what ever the original language the Quran was written or spoken in?

Orrrrr do you have an American version which more often than not doesn't even have the same meaning by the end of the translation?

Eh that logic doesn't really apply since the Quran was written strictly in arabic unlike the bible which was written in Greek, Hebrew, and Latin with countless translations.

And Even still its a continuation of the bible and its made pretty clear suicide is stricly wrong. But the justification is that they are wagging Jihad.

The situation with radicalized Islam is very peculiar and nothing particularly new.
  • zzombie
    zzombie Members Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The_Jackal wrote: »

Eh that logic doesn't really apply since the Quran was written strictly in arabic unlike the bible which was written in Greek, Hebrew, and Latin with countless translations.

And Even still its a continuation of the bible and its made pretty clear suicide is stricly wrong. But the justification is that they are wagging Jihad.

The situation with radicalized Islam is very peculiar and nothing particularly new.

It's a revision not a continuation
  • The_Jackal
    edited April 2016
    Options
    zzombie wrote: »

It's a revision not a continuation

It is but for all intents and purposes most Mislims sees it as a continuation regardless of how we feel about it. Even the "correcting" of certain events (David not cheating on his wife, Solomon being faithful to ? his whole life etc etc) they say are just corrections to ? word that was misused.

Its stupid because the whole point was that kings were corrupt.
  • jetlifebih
    jetlifebih Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

The og Quran was written in Arabic, there are qurans that are translated in other languages

Those other languages may or may not translate in meaning

I am asking does he speak Arabic or read Arabic because he would have or know the original meaning, even then the cultures are different now

For an example in their culture suicide could be the taking of ones life for no reason but a selfish one, but if I use my body for the intent of killing you then it isn't suicide

Like they don't look at "suicide" bombing as suicide, different culture different time
  • OhMars
    OhMars Members Posts: 6,085 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I have two brothers that speak Arabic fluently, I went to Muslim school most of my life were we took Quran, Islamic studies, and Arabic. I can read and understand some Arabic. I own an Arabic English Quran.

I know what I'm talking about