New ScHool Boy Q Album Discussion Thread (7.8.16)

Options

Comments

• onetoughmiracle
    onetoughmiracle Members Posts: 2,242 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Album of the Year so far in 2016. Every track had something to catch your attention & GREAT PRODUCTION. The only negative thing I would say about this album is not having the "That Part" Black Hippy remix on here. But the Kanye one is cool.

When it comes to overall quality, TDE is doing a great job (as always) in 2016: "Blank Face" and Kendrick's throwaway tracks on "Untitled Unmastered" sounds better than 90 % of rappers putting out albums with their best material. And Ab-Soul is up next !!!!

I made the black hippy remix a bonus track on my CD. Honestly, we are way overdue for a Black Hippy album.
  • Inglewood_Fatty
    Inglewood_Fatty Members Posts: 1,021 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    A huunit flame emojis
  • ElxChapo
    ElxChapo Members Posts: 71 ✭✭
    Options
    Este Album me Gusto much 8.5/10 Fantastico Q
  • DarthRozay
    DarthRozay Members Posts: 20,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Album of the Year so far in 2016. Every track had something to catch your attention & GREAT PRODUCTION. The only negative thing I would say about this album is not having the "That Part" Black Hippy remix on here. But the Kanye one is cool.

When it comes to overall quality, TDE is doing a great job (as always) in 2016: "Blank Face" and Kendrick's throwaway tracks on "Untitled Unmastered" sounds better than 90 % of rappers putting out albums with their best material. And Ab-Soul is up next !!!!

I made the black hippy remix a bonus track on my CD. Honestly, we are way overdue for a Black Hippy album.
    I feel that if Rock or Soulo's next albums make some kinda impact and get em to the levels of popularity that Q and K. Dot are st then it might finally get the wheels in motion for that album

I'm hoping Soulo's album is dope as hell. He needs it and deserves it
  • KamPushMe
    KamPushMe Members Posts: 7,690 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Eddy cane tho....
  • OhMars
    OhMars Members Posts: 6,085 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • just.might.b.ok
    just.might.b.ok Members Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    That change from schoolbus to prison was dope.
    Hope JoHn Muir gets a video tbh, TDE been making the dopest ? for a min, that Alright video was dope as ? .
  • FlightKing
    FlightKing Members Posts: 1,921 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Well, this is awkward. I listened to the album and came to give a negative review but I won't do all that.

Long story short, I don't like this album at all.
    izcOK4m.gif
  • CeLLaR-DooR
    CeLLaR-DooR Members Posts: 18,880 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    FlightKing wrote: »
    Well, this is awkward. I listened to the album and came to give a negative review but I won't do all that.

Long story short, I don't like this album at all.
    izcOK4m.gif

Drop your negative review my nig
  • southernmade
    southernmade Members Posts: 2,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I thought it was a dope album....Q's best project to me
  • FlightKing
    Options
    I mean, the album was boring as ? . I didn't like the songs...some of the beats were cool but nothing hooked me. I don't know what I should be doing listening to this music. Heard some techno sounding ? , some 90's party type ? , some slow ? ...just a lot of different ? that bored me.

This is the type of ? I listen to when I'm riding with somebody else playing it and I can't ask them to change it because I'm gonna be grateful for the ride.

And at the same time, I think Q is a dope artist. This is weird to me but the album is recycle bin material (then empty the recycle bin).
  • KamPushMe
    Options
    I mean, the album was boring as ? . I didn't like the songs...some of the beats were cool but nothing hooked me. I don't know what I should be doing listening to this music. Heard some techno sounding ? , some 90's party type ? , some slow ? ...just a lot of different ? that bored me.

This is the type of ? I listen to when I'm riding with somebody else playing it and I can't ask them to change it because I'm gonna be grateful for the ride.

And at the same time, I think Q is a dope artist. This is weird to me but the album is recycle bin material (then empty the recycle bin).

Str8 ballin is boring????
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I don't know how I feel about them other dudes on Tookie Knows but Q parts were fire

I always loved the first Tookie Knows even though it was like ad libs the whole song
  • EyeofAsaru
    EyeofAsaru Members Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hey To each his own but eye love this album..

It's raw,ignorant yet thoughtful ...it reminds me of what hip hop used to be ...

You will see not too many ppl will think negatively of this album
  • genocidecutter
    genocidecutter Members Posts: 17,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Dope Dealer is my favorite track
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Not as good as everyone was saying off the first full listen but still pretty good

gotta give it the whip test
  • Already Home_17
    Already Home_17 Members Posts: 14,572 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I know you ? probably ain't even make it to the end of whatever you want
    but got damn Candice Pillay's voice is annoying. her outro was the WOAT
  • KamPushMe
    Options
    I know you ? probably ain't even make it to the end of whatever you want
    but got damn Candice Pillay's voice is annoying. her outro was the WOAT

Naw b ? was pretty smooth imo
  • FlightKing
    Options
    KamPushMe wrote: »

Str8 ballin is boring????

It was aight. I can't get into it bruh.
  • KamPushMe
    Options
    Gotta let it grow duke

This is his best project
  • FlightKing
    Options
    KamPushMe wrote: »
    Gotta let it grow duke

This is his best project

I'll take your word for it and give it another spin tomorrow.

? .