Real talk: Why do new yorkers think we care their from new york

Options
luke skywalker
luke skywalker Banned Users Posts: 147
edited July 2010 in AKA Donkey
I’ve been to New York a bunch of times. I’ve hung out in every borough except Staten Island (too isolated) and the Bronx (WHAT I NEED TO GO THERE FOR?). I had a pretty good time whenever I visit but I can’t say it’s any better than the fun I had in Los Angeles, Dallas or Atlanta. However, the one thing that separates those cities from New York is the fact that the natives of New York can’t ever seem to shut up about New York. Understand, I could never hate a whole group of people based off what city there from. NO, my hate is on a case by case basis but when I smell bull**** I got to call it out. I understand it’s the biggest city in the United States, but it isn’t the ONLY city in the United States. I continue to see a trend with most New Yorkers who roam out of town; they have an unnerving trend to constantly brag about the city in which they come from. I have been around transplant New Yorkers my whole adult life. Since freshman year at college in Durham, NC there was always somebody within arm’s length shouting out their borough around me. Now there’s nothing wrong with repping where you’re from, but it shouldn’t be at the cost of degrading where you’re at.

miami in this ?

i think we are second under ny when comes to love.
people stay loving us.

? : you from miami? oh ? i seen that ? cowboys dvd, y'al was getting it like that?:eek:
? : :o:o

i never seen ny ? try that ? in miami

Comments

• QB - 4th Edition
    QB - 4th Edition Banned Users Posts: 2,298 ✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    becuz yall do ? ...... everybody bow down to NY
  • jackthemack
    jackthemack Members Posts: 11,491 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Nah LA ? get more love than miami
  • luke skywalker
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Nah LA ? get more love than miami

LIES!!!!!!!!!

? I TRAVELED ALL OVER THE COUNTRY, when ever i pay for something on credit card and they see the zip code 33055, or hear my accent, i get love!
  • Mr. AJ
    Mr. AJ Members Posts: 1,706 ✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Just passin through....

5nlnjt.jpg

de5we9.jpg
  • Conscious__Nkechi
    Conscious__Nkechi Members Posts: 6,110 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Why do people refer to New Yorkers as if we are all one in the same?
    I can say this from experience, MANY people outside of New York DO make a big deal when they find out where I am from and seem fascinated with the fact that I'm from "Neeewwww Yooorrrk." Not only that but I know men who would travel outside of NY and when women would find out they are from NY they'd be all hot and bothered.
    So, with that said, many outsiders make it like the way you are describing. They see NY as the coolest place ever and I quote: "OH MY ? , you're from NY?? That's so dope."
  • Fundz O' Plenty
    Fundz O' Plenty Members Posts: 10,382 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    It's what they do...
  • Conscious__Nkechi
    Conscious__Nkechi Members Posts: 6,110 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    that only be white ppl that act like that. ? really don't give a dam if you from new york. really

You would think.......I admit, when they play Jay and Alicia's "New York" here I get a fuzzy, tingly feeling inside, lmao.
  • ceothachosen1
    ceothachosen1 Members Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    when your from ny u aint even got to say it its already known
  • alvarez_313
    alvarez_313 Members Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    I think it's kinda like that if you're from most any major city.. Like when we go places and people hear we are from Detroit chicks get hot and dudes either start kissin up or kickin stories about all the "gangsta" ? they get into in their own town.
  • rico_ENS
    rico_ENS Members Posts: 896 ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    im from ny livin in miami now n lemme tell u these hos lovin a ? down here my game faster then most of these ? down here n new yorkers just dress better cuz of the competition up there a southern ? aint goin to ny baggin ? dressin wit sum dickies slippers n a tank top homeboy get ranked on...
  • luke skywalker
    edited July 2010
    Options
    rico_ens wrote: »
    im from ny livin in miami now n lemme tell u these hos lovin a ? down here my game faster then most of these ? down here n new yorkers just dress better cuz of the competition up there a southern ? aint goin to ny baggin ? dressin wit sum dickies slippers n a tank top homeboy get ranked on...

? stop lying!
  • Sourpatch Kid
    Sourpatch Kid Members Posts: 3,809 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    miami in this ?

people stay loving us.

? : you from miami? oh ? i seen that ? cowboys dvd, y'al was getting it like that?:eek:

I never been to miami but I loved to move down there, NY is wack and these broads are too stuck up for my liking.
  • Sourpatch Kid
    Sourpatch Kid Members Posts: 3,809 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    rico_ENS wrote: »

Yea, that is true, on my worse day downsouth, I can bag the baddest chick because the women aren't superficial but that doesn't mean nothing, NY women suck, plain and simple.
  • rico_ENS
    edited July 2010
    Options
    ? stop lying!

doggy u mad?

? its the truth southern women r just easier to talk to than ny females....for memorial weekend i was snatchin hos left n rite in south bch cuz most ya ? game be weak...ya ? dnt believe in shape ups n wear sum j's wit sum shorts n sum wack polos n think ya dress to impress n ? the only things florida got over ny is cheap rent , weather, n ya car game other than that....

ny game>>>>>miami game
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    as i said before,ny is garbage if you are broke.most the ? reppin ny came out the projects because the cost of living is so high.nyers always act like they somebody BIG in their hood when they were most likely suckas.
  • luke skywalker
    edited July 2010
    Options
    rico_ENS wrote: »
    doggy u mad?

? its the truth southern women r just easier to talk to than ny females....for memorial weekend i was snatchin hos left n rite in south bch cuz most ya ? game be weak...ya ? dnt believe in shape ups n wear sum j's wit sum shorts n sum wack polos n think ya dress to impress n ? the only things florida got over ny is cheap rent , weather, n ya car game other than that....

ny game>>>>>miami game

first of all, I KNOW YOU LYING
    you must be really young,.
  • MillzOG
    MillzOG Members, Moderators Posts: 14,508 Regulator
    edited July 2010
    Options
    smh, this thread again?

BTW...the word is "they're" not "their"
  • DEE-LICIOUS
    DEE-LICIOUS Members Posts: 6,088 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    lol you don't care yet we stay on your mind. We never ever bring up other states cause we don't give a ? . We're always on yalls minds though. We love the hate. Keep it coming.
  • iamkang
    iamkang Members Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
  • MillzOG
    MillzOG Members, Moderators Posts: 14,508 Regulator
    edited July 2010
    Options
    lol you don't care yet we stay on your mind. We never ever bring up other states cause we don't give a ? . We're always on yalls minds though. We love the hate. Keep it coming.

cosign
    iamkang wrote: »
    fucc NY ?

shut that noise up b
  • NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options

This............
  • Ounceman
    Ounceman Members Posts: 6,702 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    miami in this ?

people stay loving us.

As a miami native, i have to co-sign this powerful post
  • SunflowaSeeds
    SunflowaSeeds Members Posts: 12,210 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options

Co-Sizzle with hot sauce. nh
  • Ounceman
    Ounceman Members Posts: 6,702 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    miami in this ?

people stay loving us.

As a miami native i have to co-sign this powerful post except for the bolded part. the rotten apple(ny) has fell off ever since the shirts got brighter and the pants got tighter on its residents. The magic city(miami) however will only get stronger and will soon be in contention as a global city of the future
  • rico_ENS
    edited July 2010
    Options
    first of all, I KNOW YOU LYING
    you must be really young,.

?
    u just said u lyin in 2 post n havent said nuffin else, im 24 livin in allapattah rite now wat i get from lyin to ya ? wat am i lyin about?
    that yall get no shape ups? got ? dreads? ya dnt rock slippers with high white tube socks n rock tank tops thats about to turn yellow everyday?