Spin off Break Out Teams/Players in the NBA

Options
af.r.i.c.a.
af.r.i.c.a. Members Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited July 2010 in From the Cheap Seats
what team and what player do you expect to break out next season?

Comments

• b*braze
    b*braze Members Posts: 8,968 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    lil premature...
  • caddo man
    caddo man Members Posts: 22,476 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    I would have to say my Hornets With Chris Paul back from injury. i see them doing something this year. hopefully they can get another SF or SG to help out with depth. Marcus Thornton is good but is considered short at 6'4". Julian wright still hasnt lived up to standard. Those rookies/draft picks aint hitting on ? .
  • af.r.i.c.a.
    edited July 2010
    Options
    b*braze wrote: »
    lil premature...

yea cuz the other thread is doing so well.... either contribute or eat glass ?
  • ThaChozenWun
    ThaChozenWun Members Posts: 9,390
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Break out player JJ Hickson

Son has been great in every summer league. His rookie year he got no time, last year he was starting to emerge as a nice player then lost all his time to Shaq and Tawn right when he was playing great, I believe he had 7 straight double doubles and 15+ point games before he get benched, the last two were both career high games in points.

Break out team.....
    Heat? They were ass last year, It aint suprising but they will have the biggest turn around.

If you don't want to count them............
    Knicks lol. They got some nice pieces in the offseason, Amare lucked out and got back into D'Antonis system so he wouldnt have got exposed.
  • D.D.S.
    D.D.S. Members Posts: 7,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    russell westbrook is gonna have a great season
    i expect 20/10/5 4rm him
    i know i'm goin out on a limb here but i think the sac kings are gonna make the playoffs
    and if they don't they'll b damn close!
  • radaman
    radaman Members Posts: 11,912 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    caddo man wrote: »
    I would have to say my Hornets With Chris Paul back from injury. i see them doing something this year. hopefully they can get another SF or SG to help out with depth. Marcus Thornton is good but is considered short at 6'4". Julian wright still hasnt lived up to standard. Those rookies/draft picks aint hitting on ? .

dog, I know the Hornets are your squad but this doesnt sound convincing lol........
  • b*braze
    b*braze Members Posts: 8,968 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    yea cuz the other thread is doing so well.... either contribute or eat glass ?

? yo thread ?

(crunch, crunch, crunch)
  • Dick Shitman
    Dick Shitman Members Posts: 9,032 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    team- wizards. they won 26 games last year with blatche and little else. this year they add wall, arenas, a much improved mcgee and trevor booker who will be a nice hustle guy. they could 35 games which might be enough for an 8th seed

player- omri casspi- had a nice first half last year then tailed off. i can see him having a nice year playing off cuz and evans
  • af.r.i.c.a.
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Break out player Anthony Randolph

Hes finally going to get consistent run and most likely start at the 4 for the knicks. If he can stay healthy i expect big things from him next year nh

Break out Team Oklahoma City Thunder

got a taste of the playoffs last year and gained valuable experience. Durant along with Westbrook and Green are still young and improving which is scary. I expect them to make serious run in the playoffs.
  • BDBIID
    BDBIID Members Posts: 18,803 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Darko because according to david kahn he's like chris webber meets vlade
  • af.r.i.c.a.
    edited July 2010
    Options
    if the Clippers can stay healthy i can see them making a push for the 8th spot in the west. Gordon could potentially break out and be a 23 4 and 4 guy next season
  • blank..
    blank.. Members Posts: 7,586 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Baron Davis

Eric Gordon

Rasual Butler

Blake Griffin 

Chris Kaman

--

Rasual Butler
    Al Farouq Aminu 
    Craig Smith
    Randy Foye
    Ryan Gomes
    Eric Bledsoe
    DeAndre Jordan

I think we on the cusp of a fucken breakout but I say that every year.

I dont know B.G. has to be a monster for us to even have a sniff of the playoffs.

And like you said Eric Gordon needs to carry us.

I honestly feel Baron still has it in him, but I dont know how him and Vinny will get along, philosophy wise..

I just feel we arent there yet. 

Not unless we make one more good move signing a vet.
  • caddo man
    caddo man Members Posts: 22,476 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Break out player Anthony Randolph

Hes finally going to get consistent run and most likely start at the 4 for the knicks. If he can stay healthy i expect big things from him next year nh

Break out Team Oklahoma City Thunder

got a taste of the playoffs last year and gained valuable experience. Durant along with Westbrook and Green are still young and improving which is scary. I expect them to make serious run in the playoffs.

I like anthony Randolph. He is from the Dallas and played at LSU but he aint going to be no better than Stromile Swift. The LSU curse is in full effect.
  • blank..
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Anthony Randolph got no jumpshot.

He's all hustle, I watched about 30 Warriors games last year and the year before, I like him too when he stays on the court.

Azubuike might do damage for the Knicks if they let him run, he's got external motivations.

Last year was supposed to be his big breakout but he ? his knee up. Not to mention he pretty much raises his family because his fathers locked up.

They basically drafted Ekpe Udoh to fill Randolphs void.
  • blank..
    edited July 2010
    Options
    How the ? can the Thunder break out again after just breaking out..?

They can only improve their playoff run, and get past the 1st round.

? misinterpreting the term "breakout" now.
  • af.r.i.c.a.
    edited July 2010
    Options
    blank.. wrote: »
    Anthony Randolph got no jumpshot.

He's all hustle, I watched about 30 Warriors games last year and the year before, I like him too when he stays on the court.

Azubuike might do damage for the Knicks if they let him run, he's got external motivations.

Last year was supposed to be his big breakout but he ? his knee up. Not to mention he pretty much raises his family because his fathers locked up.

They basically drafted Ekpe Udoh to fill Randolphs void.

na he has a nice mid range game the problem is nellie never ran any plays for him. They had beef from day one. He just needs to get stronger and be more decisive
  • af.r.i.c.a.
    edited July 2010
    Options
    blank.. wrote: »
    How the ? can the Thunder break out again after just breaking out..?

They can only improve their playoff run, and get past the 1st round.

? misinterpreting the term "breakout" now.

lol yea i thought about that after i typed it. I think they can make a run and possibly get to the WCC.
  • blank..
    edited July 2010
    Options
    lol yea i thought about that after i typed it. I think they can make a run and possibly get to the WCC.

You know what, honestly..

I dont like that team.

For some reason.

If they play the Rapers in the playoffs again, I'm cheering for them all the way, but other than that.. The Thunder ? me off

I like Durant too, so thats not even a reason.

Something about this Thunder phenomenon in the last year or whatever really made me hate them.

Serge Ibaka is one player I really began to hate.
  • jjswipe
    jjswipe Members Posts: 1,039 ✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    I gotta say kobe. ? talked bad about him on here and the media all season about how he fell off and lebon and durant has supassed him and all that jazz. Then he wins the title, and all ? can talk about is lebron becoming wade's robin. So i fell he is gonna come bacc motivated as fucc this season, to not only silence the doubters, but to get a 2nd 3peat as well.
  • blank..
    edited July 2010
    Options
    jjswipe wrote: »
    I gotta say kobe. ? talked bad about him on here and the media all season about how he fell off and lebon and durant has supassed him and all that jazz. Then he wins the title, and all ? can talk about is lebron becoming wade's robin. So i fell he is gonna come bacc motivated as fucc this season, to not only silence the doubters, but to get a 2nd 3peat as well.

Bruh ...
  • Focal Point
    Focal Point Members Posts: 16,307 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    D.D.S. wrote: »
    russell westbrook is gonna have a great season
    i expect 20/10/5 4rm him

exactly who I was thinking and the team to watch will be a healthy Portland
  • j-boogie the cancer
    j-boogie the cancer Members Posts: 552 ✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Javale McGee for the Wizards, A Randolph from the Knicks, and Westbrook from OKC, they are going to have a good yr. That Westbrook kid is going to be a beast.
  • Datdude87
    Datdude87 Members Posts: 3,627 ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    i can tell you who wont break out...rodney stuckey. all im sayin is if dude doesnt do anything spectacular this year...he'll jus b an avg to good player. not a franchise player. come on joe D...i kno u got some move up yo self...pull that ? . unless it ends up like the ivo trade...but hell...after a 27-55 season(worse since '94)...it cant get that much worse
  • allied
    allied Members Posts: 2,887 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Team: Bucks, they got a real nice squad I can see them being in the top 4 if Bogut comes back healthy

Player: Raymond Felton, I think this was the most underrated signing the whole offseason. Knicks fans can't stop talking CP3 but reality is he's not going anywhere. And I think Felton going to surprised people on how good he is.
  • eyes low
    eyes low Members Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    My Nets gonna be the 8th seed and knock the heat out in the first round