Dad leaves 8 month old child in hot ass car and is surprised when child dies

Options
white sympathizer
white sympathizer Members Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭✭

Comments

• Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    When my son was a infant the only time I left him in the car only l is when I would run in the gas station.
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    Options
    Blunt, 25, is charged with second-degree murder in the death of 8-month-old Shania Caradine after he left the infant in a car while he went to work.
    "I can’t go in the house,” Blunt said Thursday. “I went in there. I couldn’t take it.
    "I went in earlier, just trying to get something," he said. "I couldn’t stand to be in there. I miss her smell, her smile. I miss her. She just made me happy.”
    Originally in jail on a $250,000 bond, Blunt was released Tuesday on his own recognizance. A preliminary hearing is scheduled July 26, according to court records.

Since Shania's death May 19, two other children have died from apparent heat stroke after being left in vehicles as temperatures climbed into the mid-80s, according according to Jan Null, a lecturer at San Jose State University in California who keeps track of heat stroke deaths of children in vehicles. Nine deaths have occurred so far this year, 24 in total in 2015.
    An 11-month-old girl died Monday in Hialeah, Fla.; an 8-month-old boy died Wednesday in Wilmington, N.C. No arrests were made in either case.
    “It don’t make a difference what type of day you had. It could be the worst day, but my daughter made my day like a bottle of sunshine. She was my day.”
    Joshua Blunt, Grenada, Miss.
    Hours before his daughter’s wake Thursday afternoon, Blunt said, “She was my everything.”
    “People say they understand, but they don’t," he said. "They don’t understand."
    Blunt's lawyer, Carlos Moore, advised him not to talk about the case, but he agreed to talk about Shania.
    Tears flowing down his face, Blunt choked out words to describe “my gorgeous little Shania.”
    “Shania, Shania was the type of girl that just lit up a room,” he said. “Words could not express when my baby, when my baby looks at you and she just smiles.

"It don’t make a difference what type of day you had. It could be the worst day, but my daughter made my day like a bottle of sunshine," Blunt said. "She was my day. She was my day. When I was down, she kept me up.”
    Blunt said he has been unable to sleep. He appears barely able to stand as he talks about his daughter.
    He sways with the summer breeze.

Pulling a picture from his wallet, Blunt looks at an image of him holding newborn Shania. Folded in a square, framing the infant’s face, the picture is well worn and faded in the creases.
    “She was my everything,” he said. “She was what kept me strong in this world."

That was my other half," Blunt said. "I would never wish this on nobody. It’s so much to bear.
    Neighbors and family members said Blunt's girlfriend left town after Shania's death.
    Confusion has surrounded Blunt’s case in the past week as his lawyer told multiple media outlets that the murder charge against his client had been dropped. However, George Douglas, Grenada's assistant police chief, said the charges still stand.
    Grenada City Prosecutor Jennifer Adams-Williams said she will not present the second-degree murder charge in Grenada Municipal Court. However, the district attorney will present the case to a grand jury.
    Despite Moore's claim that he is representing Blunt, Adams-Williams said Blunt does not have an attorney of record.
    Grenada County District Attorney Doug Evans has not returned repeated requests for comment. However, Evans appeared on TV saying the case will be presented to a grand jury, which will decide whether to indict Blunt.

Standing under the shade of a tree, Blunt is disheveled. His shirt, wet with drops of tears, is untucked and his belt has missed a loop on his jeans.
    Wiping his face with his hand, Blunt said Shania was a blessing long prayed for.
    “He’s always been a wonderful father, and we can’t imagine that he would ever do anything to harm that baby.”
    Allyson Worsham, 333 Restaurant
    “I didn’t even think I could have kids,” he said. “The Lord blessed us, and we finally had a kid. Everything was so perfect. I prayed to the Lord for a family. He gave me one of my own.”
    Eyes glazed over and eyelashes heavy with tears, Blunt stared into the distance.
    “My daughter loved to dance,” he said. “It didn’t make a difference what type of music it was. She was a loving baby. Oh, man.”
    Blunt's boss and owner of the restaurant where he worked said Blunt was a “wonderful father” who was “ecstatic” and “elated” when he found out he and his girlfriend were expecting a baby.

“He’s always been a wonderful father, and we can’t imagine that he would ever do anything to harm that baby,” Allyson Worsham said.
    According to his lawyer, Blunt went to work at 9 a.m. CT May 19 at 333 Restaurant. He left work at 11 to go pick up his daughter and his girlfriend, drop his girlfriend at work at KFC and then take Shania to a grandmother.
    But after he dropped off his girlfriend, Blunt went back to work, the baby still strapped in her car seat in the back.

Blunt and a co-worker discovered Shania four hours later, still alive. His co-workers reportedly wrapped the infant in cold towels until the ambulance arrived.

A Grenada Police Department incident report said Blunt was standing outside the ambulance door crying when police arrived.
    Despite efforts to save her, Shania died at University of Mississippi Medical Center Grenada. Grenada County Coroner Jo Morman said the infant had an elevated body temperature because of her time in the vehicle.

Worsham said she and the rest of the staff carry guilt in Shania’s death.
    “We all have guilt about it because we were all in the building working, going about our normal work day,” she said.
    Throughout his shift, multiple people passed by Blunt’s car. No one saw the baby.

“He parked where he always parked, over near the Dumpster,” Worsham said. "During the day co-workers came and went, we took trash out and nobody saw or heard anything, and we didn’t know.

"And so that’s what was so horrible about it," she said. "Any one of us would have done all we could, but we didn’t know. And he didn’t."
    Since Shania’s death, Worsham said she’s been worried about Blunt’s health.

“Every time I talked to him, he talked about taking his own life,” she said.
    In the days following his daughter’s death, Blunt said he’s been dealing with the emotions and the grief by himself, “wishing you could do anything to be with her.”
    “When she was born, I was the first one to hold my baby,” he said. “Her first word was ‘Dada.’ Eight months, she was already babbling ‘Dada.’ Every day I would go to work she would cry.”

Blunt asked for prayer.
    “It hit the family so hard," he said. "That was our only baby. It took years to make that baby. That was our blessing. That was my blessing.”
  • Inglewood_B
    Inglewood_B Members Posts: 12,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2016
    Options
    ? up, but no need to charge him. He gon carry that til the end of his days

And unlike most cases... From reading this article it appears to be a genuine accident
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If it gets unbearably hot after you turn your ride off n just sit there with the windows rolled up in a few moments...

Then your baby or dog won't be able to take it for half an hour you ? ...prison time is needed
  • T. Sanford
    T. Sanford Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 25,291 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Is bad enough that he left his child in the car but WTF????????? You left your child in there to go to work????? Wtf is wrong with this ? like really?
  • Inglewood_B
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Copper wrote: »
    If it gets unbearably hot after you turn your ride off n just sit there with the windows rolled up in a few moments...

Then your baby or dog won't be able to take it for half an hour you ? ...prison time is needed

From reading the article, I think he actually just forgot the baby was back there.

Blunt went to work at 9 a.m. CT May 19 at 333 Restaurant. He left work at 11 to go pick up his daughter and his girlfriend, drop his girlfriend at work at KFC and then take Shania to a grandmother.
    But after he dropped off his girlfriend, Blunt went back to work, the baby still strapped in her car seat in the back.
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    Options
    ? up, but no need to charge him. He gon carry that til the end of his days

And unlike most cases... From reading this article it appears to be a genuine accident

This. He will never be the same again. For the rest of his life he'll carry guilt and shame. I bet suicide is on his mind. He's already being punished.
  • Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If he's pondering suicide someone should leave a loaded gun out around him.
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

From reading the article, I think he actually just forgot the baby was back there.

Blunt went to work at 9 a.m. CT May 19 at 333 Restaurant. He left work at 11 to go pick up his daughter and his girlfriend, drop his girlfriend at work at KFC and then take Shania to a grandmother.

“i forgot I was a parent today" is kind of a worse excuse
  • willhustle
    willhustle Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 6,550 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    zzombie wrote: »
    if you really have to leave your kid in the car ? the ? windows leave the AC on... and don't be a ? idiot every year it's the same ? what the ? is wrong with people???

These generation of "parents" are just sorry as hell. As you said, "Every year it's the same ? ? ". Idk why parents get so caught up in doing whatever that they forget about they kid. Just like broads leaving they kids in a hot ass car to get their nails done or grocery shopping either finding a babysitter, stay at home, or actually take them in the store with you.
  • Inglewood_B
    edited May 2016
    Options

“i forgot I was a parent today" is kind of a worse excuse

Lol not an excuse it's just what happened

if you really have to leave your kid in the car ? the ? windows leave the AC on... and don't be a ? idiot every year it's the same ? what the ? is wrong with people???

I wouldn't leave a baby/young child in the car alone in any kind of weather at all.
  • atribecalledgabi
    atribecalledgabi Members, Moderators Posts: 14,063 Regulator
    Options

I read a "scary story" like this a while back but it was based on an actual news story. In the scary story this dude got called into work on his off day and had a bunch of bad luck ? happen to him - dropped his phone in the toilet and has to dry it off, got a flat tire, ? like that. So while he's in front of the daycare to drop his kid off he calls his work to say he's gonna be late because such and such. He didn't realize he never brought his kid in, goes to work and leaves the kid in the car and it dies.

I can KIIIINDA see how in that situation you could ? up cuz you in a rush and your routine was interrupted. I think the news story it was based off was similar to that too.

• Inglewood_B
    edited May 2016
    Options

I read a "scary story" like this a while back but it was based on an actual news story. In the scary story this dude got called into work on his off day and had a bunch of bad luck ? happen to him - dropped his phone in the toilet and has to dry it off, got a flat tire, ? like that. So while he's in front of the daycare to drop his kid off he calls his work to say he's gonna be late because such and such. He didn't realize he never brought his kid in, goes to work and leaves the kid in the car and it dies.

I can KIIIINDA see how in that situation you could ? up cuz you in a rush and your routine was interrupted. I think the news story it was based off was similar to that too.

Right. It's dumb but it ain't on the same level as people who leave their kids on purpose while they run into Walmart or some stupid ? like that

Situation like this, there's nothing to be gained by putting him in prison. He's not a danger to anyone, there's no lesson to be learned, no rehabilitation, he'll just be another mouth for the state to feed. And left to his own devices he might just off himself anyway.
  • semi-auto-mato
    semi-auto-mato Members Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    U left work with the purpose of picking up ur girl and baby. U were supposed to drop ur girl off at work and then ur baby at her grandmother's house. That's not a long list of ? to remember. No excuse at all for this. ? was Hugh off some ? . He deserves time
  • Negro_Caesar
    Negro_Caesar Members Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

There ain't a excuse or reason big enough to leave a child in the car. Bruh I hesitate to leave my daughter strapped in if I forget something and have to run back in the house.
  • CeLLaR-DooR
    CeLLaR-DooR Members Posts: 18,880 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2016
    Options
    My dad used to forget us/lose us in places literally all the time smh he didn't have a care though

I wouldn't give him prison time but I wouldn't be mad if he got some
  • texasdaking88
    texasdaking88 Members Posts: 6,139 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    http://m.wapt.com/news/child-found-dead-in-car-at-madison-county-day-care/39500334

MADISON COUNTY, Miss. -
    The Madison County coroner has ordered an autopsy after a 2-year-old girl was found dead Wednesday inside her mother's car outside a Madison County day care.

Investigators from the Madison County Sheriff’s Office were called at 3:19 p.m. to Little Footprints Learning Center at 319 Distribution Drive.

"The mother went to work this morning. It was a normal routine day," Sheriff Randy Tucker said. "She came to pick her child up after work, just like she does every day. She went in to get the child and the child was not here. They told her, 'You didn't drop her off this morning.' The mother immediately became distraught (and) ran out to her car and realized that the 2-year-old was still in the car."

READ: Mississippi ranks 16th in child vehicular heatstroke deaths

The girl was still in her car seat, the sheriff said. Madison County Coroner Alex Breeland identified the child as Caroline Bryant.

A spokesman for the sheriff said investigators followed standard operating procedures in questioning the child's mother and father. Her mother arrived at work at 8:15 a.m. and found the child inside the SUV, which had tinted windows, more than seven hours later, authorities said.

Authorities said the mom works a short walk away from the daycare.

Tucker called it a "tragic accident" and said that, based on what he knows, it doesn't appear that any charges will be filed.

"It's very sad," Tucker said.

Other parents rushed to pick up their children when they heard what happened.

"I can't imagine how she's feeling," Lauren Johnston said. "It's just altogether scary."

"It's terrible. I thank that is every parent's worst fear because, you know, anybody can forget. That's my biggest fear as a parent. I've always been afraid. I've got three kids. I can't imagine," Matt Clem said.

We talked with District Attorney Michael Guest Thursday who said the mom was negligent by leaving her child in a hot car.

"I think we'll all agree that there was negligence that what happened in this case was a negligent act in the fact that the mother in this case failed to take the child to day care and based up on that it appears that the child died as a result of heat exhaustion or something that would have been suffered in this car," Guest said.

Charging the mom with negligence is being determined.

"We'll again the sheriff department has at this point the initial facts to make that assessment
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Damn that sucks for the guy man.....

The worst feeling is seeing the baby's mother knowing you ? up and seeing the disdain she has for you
  • mrrealone
    mrrealone Members Posts: 3,793 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    RIP to that young child. Feel sorry for them and their loss....
  • Fosheezy
    Fosheezy Members Posts: 3,204 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It's like Louis CK said when he sat his baby down and went to start the car so it's all nice and cool inside and come back out and the exhaust pipe is blowing right in their face. Lol. what a dumb irresponsible way to almost ? your kid. He would've been better off throwing his kid off the bridge than to come home with that story.