Have Y'all Ever Used AirBnB? What Are Your Experiences?

Options
Busta Carmichael
Busta Carmichael Members, Moderators Posts: 13,161 Regulator
Heard it's a great and cheaper alternative to hotels if you gonna do a quick stay, cook your own food etc

Comments

• Busta Carmichael
    Options
    I'm trying to see New York or maybe London soon. And decent hotels are expensive af
  • twizza 77
    twizza 77 Members Posts: 4,201 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Haven't Used AirBnB. Used Home Away twice, one was good and one was ok.
  • twizza 77
    Options
    AirBnB is also getting some criticism for owners are being discriminatory towards blacks when it comes to renting a spot.
  • Busta Carmichael
    Options
    twizza 77 wrote: »
    AirBnB is also getting some criticism for owners are being discriminatory towards blacks when it comes to renting a spot.

This is what I wanna know. Black experiences solely. Because I've heard of stories where they don't rent to black people.

• twizza 77
    Options
    You might have to pose as white dude to secure a rental. Smh
  • BobOblah
    BobOblah Members Posts: 9,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yea I've used it like 10 times and 9/10 were great/what was advertised and cheaper than a hotel. Just like anything, check reviews and only book with people who have good reviews.

My one less than great experience was this past weekend actually. I was in California and we booked a studio apartment that was listed as "sleeps 4, 2 beds." We get there and there's only one bed and an uninflated air mattress in the closet with no sheets, and only 2 towels and 2 pillows. We called this mf and he sent someone with sheets, towels and pillows and it was fine, we were just tryna crash in there anyway not chill, but it was kinda ? up. It was some 20 something Asian dude renting multiple apartments just to Airbnb. We looked online and after we had booked the place, he had taken out a bed and changed the listing and pictures.

This was my only shady experience. Every other time has been exactly what we paid for and I'll use it again over a hotel.
  • Busta Carmichael
    edited May 2016
    Options
    BobOblah wrote: »
    Yea I've used it like 10 times and 9/10 were great/what was advertised and cheaper than a hotel. Just like anything, check reviews and only book with people who have good reviews.

My one less than great experience was this past weekend actually. I was in California and we booked a studio apartment that was listed as "sleeps 4, 2 beds." We get there and there's only one bed and an uninflated air mattress in the closet with no sheets, and only 2 towels and 2 pillows. We called this mf and he sent someone with sheets, towels and pillows and it was fine, we were just tryna crash in there anyway not chill, but it was kinda ? up. It was some 20 something Asian dude renting multiple apartments just to Airbnb. We looked online and after we had booked the place, he had taken out a bed and changed the listing and pictures.

This was my only shady experience. Every other time has been exactly what we paid for and I'll use it again over a hotel.

Damn.

Some places seemed shady tho. But I've read some reviews about the places I'm considering, they looked legit.
  • obnoxiouslyfresh
    obnoxiouslyfresh Members Posts: 11,496 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    OB out here fighting cats from scary movie

tumblr_lpguxq9jfq1qi0ofuo1_500.gif?w=780

lol I was trying to use the bathroom in the middle of the night and every time I would try to leave the room, it made hissing noises.
  • BobOblah
    BobOblah Members Posts: 9,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    BobOblah wrote: »

Damn.

Some places seemed shady tho. But I've read some reviews about the places I'm considering, they looked legit.

Yea I've used it plenty over the past couple years and it's all been legit other than this one. Just choose wisely and it's good.
  • BDBIID
    BDBIID Members Posts: 18,803 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2016
    Options
    I used one in the city once, off Broadway it was cool no problems at all.

Gonna be in another Airbnb crib in two weeks in Miami. I'll post that experience as well.
  • Busta Carmichael
    Options
    BDBIID wrote: »
    I used one in the city once, off Boradway it was cool no problems at all.

Gonna be in another Airbnb crib in two weeks in Miami. I'll post that experience as well.

You would recommend it? Lank?
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    As usual yall hypersensitive and gas fukin everything

Ive used it 3 times, in Vegas and Miami twice. im never using a regular hotel again

My homie used it in Toronto had an insane penthouse for the price of a regular hotel
  • Busta Carmichael
    Options
  • Bussy_Getta
    Bussy_Getta Members Posts: 37,679 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Always worked well for me.
  • leftcoastkev
    leftcoastkev Members Posts: 6,232 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Looks like the Cosmopolitan in Vegas. I just stayed there in April. East end suite. Pretty dope hotel.
  • jniam
    jniam Members Posts: 623 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Havent used it yet as I usually use hostels because they are cheaper and usually have like minded travelers around my age, but for my upcoming trip to Europe I plan to use it for a few nights in both Brussels and Paris.

Heard only good things so far.
  • S2J
    Options
    Thats the view looking out. Its the Vdara at City Center. Its actually a residential condo and residents arent suposed to rent it out. Private entrance , right on thle strip, and quiet as hell. Saw maybe 1or 2 people go in there the whole time
  • twizza 77
    Options
    S2J wrote: »
    My airbnb in vegas

s2nu0jjdb6mq.jpg
    e9vng3cw096m.jpg

dzsx3fvpcwk6.jpg

Who did you book with? And how much?
  • S2J
    Options
    And that guy left a fridge full of travel size liqoir mini's in the fridge. ..The first time i did airbnb it was a lil condo in south beach. We get the keys, dude sees we cool, he owned both condos facing each other and the other people canceled so he just gave us the keys to the other room for the weekend :joy: Standard hotels are VCRs. Airbnb is the ? ...And they were both Caucasian btw
  • A Talented One
    A Talented One Members Posts: 4,202 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Was going to use it last summer in Montreal, but ended up getting a cheapish hotel instead. They asked for a lot of info to get me registered. It was a little frustrating.
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    DoUwant2go2Heaven Members Posts: 10,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I used to have my condo on Airbnb for a year before the neighbors complained about foot traffic going in and out of the complex. I was cashing out making 3500+ a month. Homeowners association said no subletting or bed and breakfasts so I had to stop or get fined $100 a day for everyday I was in violation. Now I rent my condo out to tenants on a year lease.

I also use the service when I travel locally and overseas when I'm with my daughter. I used it in D.C. and in Jerusalem. I will be using it again on my next trip to Jerusalem and Greece in a few weeks.

Airbnb is a good service. I highly recommend it. It's either Airbnb when I'm with my daughter or hostels when I travel alone. Much better and more economical than using hotels.

Amen.