Comments

• LcnsdbyROYALTY
    LcnsdbyROYALTY Members Posts: 13,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hell, I agree...
  • DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    Options
    Got mixed feelings about this although I hate that slavery is literally the first thing we see and ? us up mentally from jump

? have low key forgotten what we fight for ? forgot how ? up white people really are
    They take us, then tell us to go back to Africa.

They cage us like Gorillas, then say we animals when we eventually act like the conditions we're subjugated too.

We've been set back by so much by so many generations of unequal treatment, ramifications, conditions, that we're still trying to catch up to this day and it's still unfair, yet they want us to stop talking about slavery, but thats all they want to show us as in the movies.

? Willie Lynch theory still got us doing light skinned vs dark skinned like the pigs, got us going against each other harder than we do against them.
  • rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    There's a Nat Turner movie coming out this fall no?

Let's see how that pans out.. .
  • LateToDaParty
    LateToDaParty Members Posts: 590 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    "Gotta know where you come from to know where you're going"
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options

The ? was good tho
  • DOPEdweebz
    Options

Problem is our legacy started before and is greater than legacy. ? don't know how many things they contributed to society in the maths socieities and even sanitations. We were kings and gods before slavery. This isn't what we came from this is what were turned into. Most of the time the only difference between an African American, a Haitian, a Dominican, and a Jamaican is a ship stop.
  • Built 4 cuban linx
    Built 4 cuban linx Members Posts: 12,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

People already know and seen this story. Don't BET already play the originals every year? I don't see the point in this remake
  • MiamiNights
    MiamiNights Members Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    They need to bring black history classes back into the schools if not,start putting your money together and build schools for US and teach OUR history and not the edited one they teach
  • Lovebabois
    Lovebabois Members Posts: 118 ✭✭✭
    Options
  • nohiphop1
    nohiphop1 Members Posts: 600 ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Sorry Snoop

American doesn't forget tragedies. Ironically, That's a good thing
    Plus Hollywood never cared about feelings. It capitalizes off all historical events as many time possible.

In as much 9/11, Holocaust and war
    tragedies are remembered, the Black Opression should be told as much as possible.
    Keep reminding America of its sin, (one it continues to commit against blacks.)
    Teach all of the newer generations, white and black.
  • DOPEdweebz
    Options
    nohiphop1 wrote: »
    Sorry Snoop

Plus Hollywood never cared about feelings. It capitalizes off all historical events as many time possible.

In as much 9/11, Holocosast and war
    tragedies are remembered, the Black Opression should be told as much as possible.

If they show us at our weak point, Snoop is saying show us at our strengths. May 31st is the anniversary of the Blackwallstreet "terrorist act".

Shoe us how we made a rich black community' before the government and the KKK destroyed them.

Show the highs also is all he is asking.

I think everybody knows what happened to us here, lets show the other side that can motivate and uplift our community this time.
  • MECCA1000
    MECCA1000 Members Posts: 2,756 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sorry Snoop

If they show us at our weak point, Snoop is saying show us at our strengths. May 31st is the anniversary of the Blackwallstreet "terrorist act".

Shoe us how we made a rich black community' before the government and the KKK destroyed them.

I think everybody knows what happened to us here, lets show the other side that can motivate and uplift our community this time.

Snoop probably wouldn't even be down for that .... he not getting no respek on his name from me ..... not until he steps up ..... just laying around with a hair scarf on telling what he doesn't like is not going to cut it ......
  • The Recipe
    The Recipe Members Posts: 10,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Snoop had some good points about seeing these same images over and over again as well as other issues he states, but I love Roots im watching this ? , I saw a clip they was on the boats I dont remember that being in the OG version I gotta watch off technological advances alone.
  • hiphop12345
    hiphop12345 Members Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The lack of diverse movies is the issue not slavery movies themselves. Unless Nate Parker ? up, Nat Tuner is the movie to see this year(over BvS, Civil War, etc)
  • sapp08_2001
    sapp08_2001 Members Posts: 7,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I agree. We need more films about our rebelions and empires, inventions too.
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Disagree i wont even elaborate on that point but Snoop is the guy who lead a gang of women on stage in collars on some Donner/Blitzen Roudolf ? . Foh Snoop
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yea i'm done with these slave movies. I got a 1 time pass for Nat turner movie. I agree with Snoop but I have no issue wiht ppl who want to watch and i'm glad these actors getting some work. ? just not for me. We need to enlightern and not further darken ourselves. Just b/c they don't roll out a slave movie every year doesn't mean we as a ppl forget about slavery. These racist crackers remind us everyday. But it's like folks have just settled with the idea that our history started with slavery when it's much larger than that.
  • aladdin1978
    aladdin1978 Members Posts: 4,609 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He right tho. I'm sick of all these ? slave movies.
  • nohiphop1
    nohiphop1 Members Posts: 600 ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Sorry Snoop

I hear you, but wrong idea. It's not white people's responsibility or burden to show our strength. That the "blacks" responsibility.
    Every other nationality in the U.S. has a major pride parade of sort to show their strength and unity, except the "blacks".
    Blacks have lots of power in the U.S., a very strong group, but we've displayed our ignorance (weak side) more than our accomplishment to society (one of strength).
    There's Worldstar and many Black blogs sites. All the powerful black celebrity with millions of social media following (Snoop including). what are those used for? strength or ignorance?
    we make movie's and celebrate our ignorance, Snoop including, but it's the white man job to show?

The Black Oppression is a history that needs to be retold until the end of time, especially since it will happen til then.
    To cease telling it is akin to letting the future babies walk with a ? into a dark room thinking they're in good hands cause the ? 's kind enough to accompany them in a dark room.
    Unfortunately, many blacks are in that dark room with America now, being f'd over for life.

P.s. To boycott things that doesn't strengthen us, let's start with Snoop coonery music that still promote gang banging in 2916?
  • smp4life
    smp4life Members Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Snoop Dogg's disdain for the Alex Haley Roots remake has earned him a new detractor in TV One correspondent Roland Martin. The revamped miniseries premiered on Memorial Day via History, A&E and Lifetime's channels to 5.3 million viewers (8.5 million when re-airing numbers were tallied), making it the biggest miniseries audience in more than three years.

But the legendary rap star didn't have a ? to give on the matter. He inadvertently gave the show promotion by blasting it ahead of its spectacular opening.

"I can't watch no mo' ? ' Black movies with ? getting dogged out," Snoop said on Instagram before citing 12 Years a Slave and Underground as other means of edutainment he couldn't get jiggy with. Martin, however, took issue with Snoop's issues.

"So @SnoopDogg is demanding films showing successful Blacks, yet in 75 Hollywood credits, the closest he's done is Soul Plane. Really?" Martin tweeted. "If @SnoopDogg wants to show movies with successful Blacks, then when will he actually play one? Produce one? Finance one? Direct one? #Roots. On IG, @SnoopDogg says he's a "real ? ." But in @RootsSeries, when #KuntaKinte was called a ? , he said, "I'm a mandinka warrior. Maybe if @SnoopDogg bothered to watch @RootsSeries, he would see the Mandinka warrior and not see himself as slave masters did: A ? ."

Snoop didn't directly respond to Martin but he did post a rather telling meme that aligned with the conflict he had stirred up. It read, "The trick is to care about everyone while not caring what they think."

The social media stir did attract the attention Levar Burton, the longtime actor who portrayed Kunta Kinte for much of the original version, thus, making him the face of the miniseries. He sympathized with Snoop's stance and even offered to sit down and discuss it over some cold malted barley.
  • dwade206
    dwade206 Members Posts: 11,558 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Horrible logic. Our history is so much greater than slavery. Read my brother.
  • The Recipe
    The Recipe Members Posts: 10,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options