Official 2017 College Football Thread

Options

Comments

• BDBIID
    BDBIID Members Posts: 18,803 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Tennessee gonna end up hiring tee Martin. Said it in the summer I’m sticking to it
  • HustleThaDon
    HustleThaDon Members Posts: 28,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Gon head and hire peyton manning lol
  • d.green
    d.green Members Posts: 12,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Options
    BDBIID wrote: »
    Tennessee gonna end up hiring tee Martin. Said it in the summer I’m sticking to it

Tee Martin might even turn that down. Why go into that dumpster fire.
  • BeleeDatPleighboy
    BeleeDatPleighboy Members Posts: 8,461 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Tee will go to UCF when Scott Frost go to Nebraska
  • BeleeDatPleighboy
    BeleeDatPleighboy Members Posts: 8,461 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hell Tee might even come back home for real and take the South Alabama job
  • infamous114
    infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    Options
  • pachá12
    pachá12 Members Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • caddo man
    caddo man Members Posts: 22,476 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Shizlansky wrote: »
    Matt Canada might be looking for HC job this year.

Good. 67% run 33% pass ain’t cut it this year. Maybe it’s because Etling is trash but damn bruh. We gotta be more balance next year.

You do what works. Also he was the Wisconsin coordinator.

This a quote from him when he was hired from NIU.
    To avoid any confusion over where he stands philosophically, Canada added, "We're going to run that offense and use the talent that we have and also the talent that we can recruit to."

Citing the "unbelievable tradition of offensive linemen, running backs and tight ends'' that have made up the brand, Canada acknowledged that UW coach Bret Bielema made it clear what he wanted.

"No question, that was certainly the parameters that he set for me,'' Canada said. "I've looked at the program for a long time and I've understood what it stood for.''

He had a similar offense at UW. When he had NFL QB talent. He had the offense he had at NC State and Pittsburgh.
  • d.green
    Options
    Aguayo got dealt with by a frat for missing kicks vs UF last season

Report: FSU kicker Aguayo 'jumped' by shuttered fraternity's members over 2016 UF game

According to Tallahassee Police records, Aguayo reported being “jumped” in front of the Pi Kappa Phi fraternity house on College Avenue over missed field goals during FSU’s 31-13 win against UF.

The documents were one of about two dozen police reports so far obtained in a public records request related to the fraternity after pledge Andrew Coffey died at an off-campus party on Nov. 3.

Since January 2015, TPD has responded to the fraternity house for several noise complaints stemming from large parties, a report of an ATM stolen from inside the two-story building and a report of a small fire.

Aguayo told TPD he was walking by the fraternity house at about 3 a.m. on Dec. 2 when people on the front porch began to yell at him about his performance in the game.

“He said they were giving him a hard time about missed field goals during the Florida game,” officers wrote in their report. “He said he was rushed by several of the members of the fraternity…and was punched in the face.”

Aguayo missed two of three field goals in the game. The sophomore is 15 of 18 for field goals this year and has made 33 extra points. He earned an All-ACC honorable mention on Monday.

Police noted blood on Aguayo’s face and shirt, which had been ripped, and swelling consistent with being punched.

Aguayo declined medical treatment and refused to press charges but called FSU tight end, redshirt junior Ryan Izzo to the house to help him, according to police documents. The fight was over by the time Izzo arrived, and he declined to provide a statement saying he was there to get Aguayo home.
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    d.green wrote: »

Report: FSU kicker Aguayo 'jumped' by shuttered fraternity's members over 2016 UF game

According to Tallahassee Police records, Aguayo reported being “jumped” in front of the Pi Kappa Phi fraternity house on College Avenue over missed field goals during FSU’s 31-13 win against UF.

The documents were one of about two dozen police reports so far obtained in a public records request related to the fraternity after pledge Andrew Coffey died at an off-campus party on Nov. 3.

Since January 2015, TPD has responded to the fraternity house for several noise complaints stemming from large parties, a report of an ATM stolen from inside the two-story building and a report of a small fire.

Aguayo told TPD he was walking by the fraternity house at about 3 a.m. on Dec. 2 when people on the front porch began to yell at him about his performance in the game.

“He said they were giving him a hard time about missed field goals during the Florida game,” officers wrote in their report. “He said he was rushed by several of the members of the fraternity…and was punched in the face.”

Aguayo missed two of three field goals in the game. The sophomore is 15 of 18 for field goals this year and has made 33 extra points. He earned an All-ACC honorable mention on Monday.

Police noted blood on Aguayo’s face and shirt, which had been ripped, and swelling consistent with being punched.

Aguayo declined medical treatment and refused to press charges but called FSU tight end, redshirt junior Ryan Izzo to the house to help him, according to police documents. The fight was over by the time Izzo arrived, and he declined to provide a statement saying he was there to get Aguayo home.

Yea. FSU fans are ? .

LBs was missing tackles that game but they didn’t run up on them lol

Scary ?
  • lord nemesis
    lord nemesis Members Posts: 11,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

? dead to me
  • lord nemesis
    lord nemesis Members Posts: 11,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Couldn't have been me.
  • CottonCitySlim
    CottonCitySlim Members Posts: 7,063 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    And no one on the team came back for some get back?
  • d.green
    edited November 2017
    Options

I remember a frat at UF were fighting with UF players a while back when Ron Zook was there.
    Zook went to their frat house ready to throw hands with his players.

One of the reasons he was fired.

According to the Orlando Sentinel, which obtained the police report, Bullins told police that Zook said to the frat members,
    "I'm not going to let you take the [expletive] football team down. ... I will do anything in my power to take this house down."

He also apparently said to the boy who allegedly hit reserve offensive lineman Steve Rissler, "Oh, you're going to get yours."
  • caddo man
    caddo man Members Posts: 22,476 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I remember a frat at UF were fighting with UF players a while back when Ron Zook was there.
    Zook went to their frat house ready to throw hands with his players.

One of the reasons he was fired.

According to the Orlando Sentinel, which obtained the police report, Bullins told police that Zook said to the frat members,
    "I'm not going to let you take the [expletive] football team down. ... I will do anything in my power to take this house down."

He also apparently said to the boy who allegedly hit reserve offensive lineman Steve Rissler, "Oh, you're going to get yours."

Bruh! Ron Zook told that ? to the wrong son. His dad was probably some big donor.
  • d.green
    edited November 2017
    Options
  • infamous114
    infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    Options

I hope our DTs McIntosh and Norton stay. If they do, we will be national title contenders next season
  • pachá12
    pachá12 Members Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

At first I wanted Shannon and Bell to stay, but it's the business of the game and they didn't have as much recruiting success as I thought they would, they had some, just not enough (undersized, big effort type LB and DB's are cool, but I think you need more than that to be elite).

I'm good with both line coaches being back, Rumph is underrated and Davis is tied to a few big time recruits.

Suprised Skipper got to stay, as he and Mac were tight, but we got something building in LA, with or without Chase.

Nussmeier and Nord can't get the ? out quick enough.

Also heard Mullen personally visited Fields. That would make Christmas.
  • south4life
    south4life Members Posts: 9,113 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Can't win them all but, this weekend is gonna be crazy.
    Everybody got 1 or 2 L's so its literally win and get in this time around.

TCU over Oklahoma
    Ohio State over Wisconsin
    Miami over Clemson
    UGA over Auburn
  • south4life
    Options
    I think UA gon be UGA again

Miami over Clemson

Wisconsin over OSU

Final four

Wisconsin
    Auburn
    Miami
    Bama

Ppl gon try and say OU should get in over Bama

Losing to Auburn >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> losing to Iowa State

There's no reason for Bama to be in the playoff. Non-champion with a weak schedule

Did you say that last year when Ohio State got in without winning their conference?
    Penn State beat them and won the conference but Ohio State still got in over them.
  • south4life
    Options
    Crude_ wrote: »
    I think UA gon be UGA again

Miami over Clemson

Wisconsin over OSU

Final four

Wisconsin
    Auburn
    Miami
    Bama

Ppl gon try and say OU should get in over Bama

Losing to Auburn >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> losing to Iowa State

I hate how Bama can lose a game and only drop 2-3 spots.

Georgia lost to Auburn who just beat Bama and went from like 1 to 10. I hate how they give Nick Saban teams all that love.

Did you see the final score in the UGA vs. Auburn game compared to the final score in the Bama vs. Auburn game?