Official 2017 College Football Thread

Options

Comments

• d.green
    d.green Members Posts: 12,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    Options
    BDBIID wrote: »

Spurrier needs to keep his mouth closed.

They asked him who should Vols hire on TV today and he said Leach, now they are hiring him? lol

It was Spurrier who told Bama to look at Nick Saban after Rich Rod and Spurrier turned them down.
  • CottonCitySlim
    CottonCitySlim Members Posts: 7,063 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I dunno if leach could win in the SEC consistently like the vols want

Wash st was a good fit for him
  • caddo man
    caddo man Members Posts: 22,476 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Tennessee will be like Texas A&M but with a worst defense. Mike Leach will make game way more interesting tho.
  • Livefromclayco
    Livefromclayco Members Posts: 14,074 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Meh. Kentucky already tried to bring that air raid offense to the SEC and failed
  • d.green
    d.green Members Posts: 12,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Somebody school me on Taggart. What do I need to know beyond that 47-50 record?

How would you feel about Charlie Strong?
  • infamous114
    infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    Options
    Dumpster fire is an understatement
  • lord nemesis
    lord nemesis Members Posts: 11,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    d.green wrote: »
    Somebody school me on Taggart. What do I need to know beyond that 47-50 record?

How would you feel about Charlie Strong?

He was long gone by the time I started working there, but some of adminstrative people that were still working at SCAR always spoke highly of him. I throw the Texas ? out the window with him because that was doomed to fail before it began. I wouldn't be mad at all if that's who we end up with.
  • Livefromclayco
    Livefromclayco Members Posts: 14,074 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • HustleThaDon
    HustleThaDon Members Posts: 28,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Whats that dilly dilly ? I keep seeing
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

From the beer commercials

https://youtu.be/9mGNhvkVT8Q
  • HustleThaDon
    HustleThaDon Members Posts: 28,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Shizlansky wrote: »

From the beer commercials

https://youtu.be/9mGNhvkVT8Q

Man smh of course it would be some corny cac ?
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Shizlansky
    Options
    TheBoyRo wrote: »

8 seasons

1 championship and 1 playoff appearance.

But some of y’all saying he did more harm than good.
  • caddo man
    Options
    I acknowledge that Les Miles was just too damn stubborn at the end but he held it down at LSU. They were not the juggernaut that Saban built but two BCS appearances 1 natty and 2 SEC championships is alot. Some mfers dont even have that close to their resume. The 2000s have been good to the school on the bayou.

Jimbo is going to be better than average at Texas A&M. One thing he will do is pull recruits in Texas especially QBs. This was maybe LSU's worst nightmare happening. The guy they wanted now in Houston snatching up there secondary recruiting area. I see Jimbo snatching up some recruits from Texas, TCU and OU but not enough to scare them.

The key is this. Who will beat Bama first, LSU or Texas A&M? That is the team that will win in recruiting. If Orgeron can beat Bama before Fisher. Then he will win in recruiting in Houston for another year. But if Fisher pulls the quick upset. He will be able to pick and choose from Mississippi, New Orleans to North Louisiana. Recruits like to be the 'first'. But not to a dumpster fire.
  • Shizlansky
    edited December 2017
    Options
    caddo man wrote: »
    I acknowledge that Les Miles was just too damn stubborn at the end but he held it down at LSU. They were not the juggernaut that Saban built but two BCS appearances 1 natty and 2 SEC championships is alot. Some mfers dont even have that close to their resume. The 2000s have been good to the school on the bayou.

Jimbo is going to be better than average at Texas A&M. One thing he will do is pull recruits in Texas especially QBs. This was maybe LSU's worst nightmare happening. The guy they wanted now in Houston snatching up there secondary recruiting area. I see Jimbo snatching up some recruits from Texas, TCU and OU but not enough to scare them.

The key is this. Who will beat Bama first, LSU or Texas A&M? That is the team that will win in recruiting. If Orgeron can beat Bama before Fisher. Then he will win in recruiting in Houston for another year. But if Fisher pulls the quick upset. He will be able to pick and choose from Mississippi, New Orleans to North Louisiana. Recruits like to be the 'first'. But not to a dumpster fire.

A&M been pulling in top classes under sumlin and got the best players out of all the Texas schools the last cpl years.

With UT getting better at recruiting under Herman they not gon win that for the next couple of years.

They still will not be better than LSU, Bama or Auburn.

• Crude_
    Crude_ Members Posts: 19,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jimbo passed up LSU to stay at FSU just to leave the next year to go to A&M

Ls

Personally don't think Jimbo was that big of an upgrade over Miles but yes he ? himself over big time.
  • Shizlansky
    Options
    Crude_ wrote: »

Ls

Personally don't think Jimbo was that big of an upgrade over Miles but yes he ? himself over big time.

We need offense.

He would have brought that
  • lord nemesis
    lord nemesis Members Posts: 11,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm just glad there's some finality. That whole "coach against Louisiana Monroe then decide" ? wasn't gonna fly. I would've liked for Jimbo to return (with some changes to his staff) but oh well... is what it is
  • caddo man
    Options
    caddo man wrote: »

A&M been pulling in top classes under sumlin and got the best players out of all the Texas schools the last cpl years.

With UT getting better at recruiting under Herman they not gon win that for the next couple of years.

They still will not be better than LSU, Bama or Auburn.

Alot of Sumlin's evaluation of recruits were off. He also picked some bad apples. Sumlin recruits never panned out for some reason and I believe it was somewhat coaching and mentoring.

Best believe Fisher will bring in a New Orleans guy. Most likely the dude from Kansas, Tony Hull. He will also poach a South and North Texas guy. Fisher knows how many skill position guys reside the Bayou state.

Herman winning at recruiting is be apart of something new. Fisher will be pitching. Come be apart of something big like I did at FSU. Fisher is a proven commodity.
  • Crude_
    Crude_ Members Posts: 19,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Crude_ wrote: »

Ls

We need offense.

He would have brought that

I agree but he wouldn't have beat Saban consistently or competed for titles year in and year out in the SEC like what people would have expected here.

People look at what Saban is doing at Bama and to a lesser degree what Dabo and Meyer are doing at Clemson and Ohio St respectively and want that for their programs.

Those guys are the exception not the rule, and I don't even think those guys would beat Saban consistently if they played in a conference with him year in and year out.

LSU should have courted Chip Kelly more when it was apparent he was coming available at some point but they went all in on Fisher and Herman and landed neither. I don't think Chip wanted to leave the West Coast or wanted those SEC problems year in and year out either though.

I liked Petrino at Louisville to even though dude is a creep I've always thought he was a good coach that could complete for championship if he got better recruits and coached at a upper tier school. Doubt he woulda left Louisville though after they took a chance on him.
  • south4life
    south4life Members Posts: 9,113 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Fulmer sabotaged Currie and finessed him for the AD job LOL!