I wish Hip Hop would die like Disco

Options
_Goldie_
_Goldie_ Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 30,349 Regulator
( Written by @Intuit33 )

"I wish Hip Hop would die" is what an Entrepreneurship Business Professor said to me when I gave him the business plan I wrote for UndergroundHipHop.com back in 1997.

Funny thing is, UGHH is still around and here I am on a thriving forum dedicated to hip hop, there are still hundreds of hip hop blogs and websites, and technically, Hip Hop is still considered very influential on a world-wide scale.

I want to do an exploratory article on the insights of people who love hip hop and why THEY think Hip Hop will NOT die like disco.

It's been almost 20 years since that professor made that gut-wrenching remark to me, but I still think about what he said. And now in hindsight, I think, "Thank ? he was wrong" - but WHY was he wrong? Why does Hip Hop persevere, where so many other music genres quickly fade into oblivion (like Disco?)

If you love hip hop (especially if you have been a long term hip hop head), please respond to this post as to why you think hip hop is resilient and still stands the test of time even after 30+ years - I want to gather as much info as I can to pull into my article! Thanks for your input

Comments