Is there Age cap on the genre ?

Options
oatmealdude
oatmealdude Members Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭✭✭
I mean when should a person stop rapping or trying at what age is the cut off should Jay or Nas be rapping at this age or mentoring the next crop of MCs or both and please be muture this isn't a Jay vs Nas joint so chill cause the end of the day NAS LOST !!!! Lmao let me stop but for real

Comments

• CashmoneyDux
    CashmoneyDux Members Posts: 11,217 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Apparently which is ? but it's been a thing in hip hop for a while
  • blackgod813
    blackgod813 Members Posts: 9,577 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yea damn near is a cut to even listening to this
  • rapmusic
    rapmusic Members Posts: 4,130 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I've been wanting to start a thread on something like this but I never got around to it.. One of y'all can have it.. Ive wanted to know peoples opinions on the "new" legends of hiphop/rap. People claim that rappers should retire at a certain age, also people have forgotten how to honor/preserve the legends of the game. Whenever we talk about rap legends, we throw around names like Jay, Nas, Pac, on up to like maybe Eminem. People laugh when you ask if Jeezy, or Lil Wayne, or T.I. are legends... Those guys have been around long enough to stake a claim in that. Anyway, I'd like to know who are the new legends? Who are legendary rappers out of the class that came out between like 1998-now. I laugh at these kids who love to call out old rappers, but they rock with a damn near 40 year old Kanye West.. anyway..
  • anduin
    anduin Members Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    no but popular hip hop tends to be run by the youth just like a lot of other genres with poppin music, lots of older rappers still put out quality stuff it just doesn't always get the same attention. Quik's new EP is dope, Nas and Jay still dropping features, even fat joe who is 44 or something just got another hit so these dudes can still make it. You just can't be rapping like its 1994 which is what some old school rappers are stuck doing.
  • DarthRozay
    DarthRozay Members Posts: 20,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    rapmusic wrote: »
    I've been wanting to start a thread on something like this but I never got around to it.. One of y'all can have it.. Ive wanted to know peoples opinions on the "new" legends of hiphop/rap. People claim that rappers should retire at a certain age, also people have forgotten how to honor/preserve the legends of the game. Whenever we talk about rap legends, we throw around names like Jay, Nas, Pac, on up to like maybe Eminem. People laugh when you ask if Jeezy, or Lil Wayne, or T.I. are legends... Those guys have been around long enough to stake a claim in that. Anyway, I'd like to know who are the new legends? Who are legendary rappers out of the class that came out between like 1998-now. I laugh at these kids who love to call out old rappers, but they rock with a damn near 40 year old Kanye West.. anyway..

that's what I've found interesting as well. There's less than a decade between rappers like Jay-z and say Rick Ross, Jeezy, Ye, etc. etc. yet because Jay is making music that's a bit more mature than Ross, etc. people act like he's some oldass granddad, but you've got rappers like J. Cole in their 30's rappin about ? hoes a decade ago in college
  • smp4life
    smp4life Members Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options