Fair / Foul: Man Charged with Murder After His Ex-Girlfriend Commits Suicide

Options
7figz
7figz Members Posts: 15,294 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited June 2016 in For The Grown & Sexy
... to "Escape the Relationship"

http://www.people.com/article/minnesota-man-charged-murder-after-ex-kills-herself-following-harassment.

A prosecutor has charged a Minnesota man for murder in the suicide death of his ex-girlfriend, alleging that he harassed and stalked her to the point that she killed herself, PEOPLE confirms.

Now Vang, who was booked June 10, sits in the Olmsted County jail in Rochester, charged with third-degree murder, second-degree manslaughter, and stalking. He has not yet entered a plea, a spokesman for the Olmsted County District Court tells PEOPLE.

In announcing the charges, Olmsted County Attorney Mark Ostrem's office alleges that during the couple's time together, "Mr. Vang subjected his partner to ever-increasing levels of domestic abuse. The abuse was verbal, emotional, mental, and physical."

"In May 2015, Mr. Vang's abuse resulted in a traumatic brain injury to his partner," according to the prosecutors office. "Ultimately his partner took her own life to escape the relationship."

Said Ostrem in a statement: "I believe Mr. Vang's conduct directly contributed to the death of his partner. Mr. Vang was clearly aware of the precarious state of his partner's emotions following her hospitalizations and he continued his relentless contacts until her death."

7717605_1450488527.8476.jpg
pizap.com14668223038101.jpg

Fair / Foul: Man Charged with Murder After His Ex-Girlfriend Commits Suicide 59 votes

Fair. He is responsible for her death and should be charged.
25%
dontdiedontkillanyonvitoriaplaymaker88Trillaaaaaavagrant-718bdbdbdBiblicalAtheist Will MunnyStoneColdMikeyJabu_RuleCashmoneyDuxSplackavelliLEMZIMUS_RAMSEYTayGettem Hevalisk 15 votes
Foul. She killed herself, she's responsible for her own death.
74%
texas409damnkpS2Jleftcoastkev  Colin$mackabi$hpowerman 5000hueyCopper700mryounggundallas' 4 evaCapitalBSwiffness!semi-auto-matonujerz84BDBIIDLPastShizlanskyVulcanRaven7figz 44 votes

Comments

• Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    She aint'een wanna fight for her kids??
  • semi-auto-mato
    semi-auto-mato Members Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Prosecutor must love gone girl
    700 Members Posts: 14,496 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Smash
  • CeLLaR-DooR
    CeLLaR-DooR Members Posts: 18,880 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Foul. She's dead so it therefore can't be proved his treatment of her lead her to suicide. Although it's a sad, sad story.
  • LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY
    LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY Members, Writer Posts: 17,670 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Provided the fact that there PROOF OF LONG LASTING HIGH LEVEL OF PHYSICAL AND VERBAL ABUSE, yes its not unfair.
    Uncommon I d rather say.

• LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY
    Options
    You dont humiliate your people.
    You dont abuse your people.
    You dont beat your people at will.

Its plain torture. And suiscide is one of the solutions for the victims.
  • Inglewood_B
    Inglewood_B Members Posts: 12,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If her family wanna file a civil suit on that basis, then yeah. Otherwise FOH
  • blacktux
    blacktux Members Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Where are the feminists?
  • Hevalisk
    Hevalisk Members Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I really don't care for abusers, so just off that I'm voting "Fair" just due to the fact that I don't care if he gets charged with murder.
  • dallas' 4 eva
    dallas' 4 eva Members Posts: 11,216 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Anyone who votes fair on this needs,to be permanently branded a 'beech oss neega'.
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Fair. i dont got use for anyone that torments people.

I am not on a proverbial team so i dont see this as an affront to my "man-ness"
  • Jabu_Rule
    Jabu_Rule Members Posts: 5,993 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Anyone who votes fair on this needs,to be permanently branded a 'beech oss neega'.

I voted fair since since you feel people who vote that way are more of a ? then a dude who stalked and abused a women.
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Foul. This is the law's fault. They need stiffer penalties for stalking especially if a stalker has a history of violence towards the victim. If there was a restraining order and he violated then give him 3-5 years. If he gets out and does it again then give him more. If you caught with drugs without the intent to distribute you get a more severe punishment than a stalker who is proven a danger to someone. The law failed to protect her.
  • dallas' 4 eva
    dallas' 4 eva Members Posts: 11,216 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jabu_Rule wrote: »

I voted fair since since you feel people who vote that way are more of a ? then a dude who stalked and abused a women.

Aint nobody defending no stalkers actions, but if anything why the ? she aint ? him why ? herself and leave her ? kids behind now? I be damned if I ? MYSELF because somebody else ? me over I'm gone ? you.
  • Jabu_Rule
    Jabu_Rule Members Posts: 5,993 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Aint nobody defending no stalkers actions, but if anything why the ? she aint ? him why ? herself and leave her ? kids behind now? I be damned if I ? MYSELF because somebody else ? me over I'm gone ? you.

She definitely should have killed him, but not everybody is built like that.
  • numbaz...80's baby
    numbaz...80's baby Members Posts: 5,104 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I don't like it. Give him some type of charge but not murder. And like someone else said....harsher punishment for stalking and abuse. Quit looking for ? cups of lean and protect these women.
  • xxCivicxx
    xxCivicxx Members Posts: 6,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If they can prove domestic abuse and stalking allegations then fair
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • BiblicalAtheist
    BiblicalAtheist Members Posts: 15,668 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Fair because you're not suppose to do that to people, you're ruining their life all because you can't let go.
  • Trillfate
    Trillfate Members Posts: 24,008 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2016
    Options
    The suicide was very selfish.. it will torment her kids the same way he tormented her
  • LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY
    Options

Have you been tortured before? Have you been humiliated for years to the point that you feel like less than ? ?

Unless you have been there you cannot JUDGE that hard decision.

• VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Fair because you're not suppose to do that to people, you're ruining their life all because you can't let go.

Us normal (I use that term loosely) know that but stalkers and abusers don't. If a person resorts to stalking than they obviously not playing with a full deck. Law needs to be real strict about stalking. They always wait til a person is hurt, but in this case he ain't responsible for her death.