Joe Budden Previews Drake Diss Track

Options
MrCrookedLetter
MrCrookedLetter Members Posts: 22,376 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited June 2016 in The Reason

“Don’t apply something I aint say / Look I aint Drake….My words aint ghostwritin’ I aint Drake / That’s all gimmick I’m authentic I aint Drake / Aint nothing wrong with it all I’m saying I aint fake,”

http://www.xxlmag.com/news/2016/06/joe-budden-previews-drake-diss-track/?trackback=tsmclip

Comments

• R2_163
    R2_163 Members Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i thought he said he wasn't gonna diss him?
  • its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Album/mixtape on the way?
  • KingFreeman
    KingFreeman Members Posts: 13,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Damn shame what happened to buddens.
  • Go figure
    Go figure Guests, Members, Confirm Email, Writer Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Tho i agree with what some of u all are sayin I look forward to joey raps if he plans on spittin
  • The Recipe
    The Recipe Members Posts: 10,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This could be interesting Joey got bars no dobut, but there is enough info out on him to make a few etherous tracks.
  • bck145
    bck145 Members Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Figured he would only drop the diss if drake released one first
  • x the unknown
    x the unknown Members Posts: 2,255 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Album/mixtape on the way?

gotta be
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options
    Drake can use the same angle Nas used against Jay in retaliation. Just say Joey is his stan, and he wanted to be on songs with him, splice in a few phrases/sayings that social media will pick up and it could be over.
  • its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nobody really cares about who came at who better lyrically in a battle of this magnitude, Budden don't have a chance imo and I hate Drake, nobody even talks about the Budden/Saigon battle and that was a great battle probably the last great battle I can remember but it got outshined by the 50/Ross feud going on at the same time which was trash all around
  • Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Im expecting trash n with all memes

Buddens will take a L
  • $tayRichROLLIN
    $tayRichROLLIN Members Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Drake will NOT jump in that ocean. He knows the only way to beat Joey is with having more fans. Joe is transparent and what can you say about joe that we don't know. Feen , ? beater, bipolar, punched on, we know these things. Drake is smart and knows this so do ruin your rep fuccin around with dude
  • illedout
    illedout Members Posts: 8,194 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    SMH.. ? counting Joey out before this ? even get started..
  • eastbay510
    eastbay510 Members Posts: 2,063 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Thought he was waiting til the joint with French and Drake came out to see if Drake had any more bars/subs for him .. guess he had a change of plans

Could get interesting although I think Jay-Z and Kendrick are the only ones who can do any real damage to Drake at this point though.

Even if Budden lyrically destroys him all casual fans/Drake stans will say is "who is Joe budden, when was the last time he had a hit, comparing money etc. etc.
  • NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lol at this half steppin' ass ? . Either release the ? or don't.

Snippets sound wack, but I wait 'til the full track comes out.. if he can find the courage SMH.
  • The Recipe
    The Recipe Members Posts: 10,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The Recipe wrote: »
    This could be interesting Joey got bars no dobut, but there is enough info out on him to make a few etherous tracks.

I'd argue that, with the exception of drug abuse, everything u can say about buddens can also be said about Drake. Emotional lyrics, wifing strippers, getting smacked up/punked publicly, etc. Fair fight. And Buddens ain't no wack lyricist. ? might get interesting

Great point but Joey slightly out cornballs him imo. But they do have alot of parallels they even have the ? battlerap ? in common this ? could get interesting. But are ? even going to pay attention to Joey ? ? Probably not.
  • ChillaDaKilla
    ChillaDaKilla Members, Banned Users Posts: 7,082 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Buddens is the Bizzaro Drake
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    edited June 2016
    Options
    The Recipe wrote: »

I'd argue that, with the exception of drug abuse, everything u can say about buddens can also be said about Drake. Emotional lyrics, wifing strippers, getting smacked up/punked publicly, etc. Fair fight. And Buddens ain't no wack lyricist. ? might get interesting

There's also the fact that Budden admittedly stans Drake. ? all somebody gotta do is mash up audio footage of all the ? riding Budden has done for Drake and that's ether enough on it's own in this day and age.
  • Vader_F_Kennedy
    Vader_F_Kennedy Members Posts: 17,715 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Like Water wrote: »
    Lyrically speaking, Drake, nor his ghostwriters, are even in the same stratosphere as Budden. He's a better rapper than Meek, he's smarter than Meek, and he knows how to navigate social media. It can be argued that Budden was the 1st rapper to really take advantage of social media, for better or worse.

If this goes far at all, Budden will eat Drake's breakfast, Drake groupies will throw a hissyfit, Drake may respond halfheartedly with subliminals since he knows he'll get his ass handed to him if he tries to really go in, and Budden goes back to being a fan.

Both these ? got suspect tendencies, but Budden's saving grace has always been that he's got bars for days. He's a highly underrated, elite lyricist that gets in his own way.

School these idiots man