"who's not credible,not real and whos 100" is a never ending story in our community

Options
2stepz_ahead
2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
for the last few weeks it seems like there is always a person with a stance and rather another person debating them..it turns into i wont respect your opinion because xyz example
like this guy jesse williams......great speech but some look at it like hes too white but be speaking on black maters.
while he makes great points, does his hybrid color make him less credible.

you have jamie fooxx who ran thru a bunch of black chicks but may be marry or married to a white chick,,,,uf he was to say something profound would it be accepted...

at what point do we begin looking at all the division we create within ourselves before was can talk unify.

we say hood can whip the burbs
but the burbs think they better than the hood

if you made it out the hood you must come back to show love
but if you move of the burbs you dont have to go back.

you talk about alll the good things you do to gave back
but its looked at as not ingenuine
and also look down on those who made it out an we dont think looked back.

then what about the people who was born in the hoods but not from the hood because they see it as only a location.
thn you have people born in the hood who apart of the hood down to the street level an their location is their world.

the street ? dont respect the ? who got out the hood, hood ? dont respect the fukk ? of a street ? and niethr one of them respect the ? on the BET award basically saying we could all respect each other.

why do we put these limits on ourselves and how do we got out them....please dont say slavery.....we can do better than that.

Comments

• 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    some people say i have friends that died an are incarcerated. so you cant understand the streets. but does that make me less hood if i cant. and does that make someone more humble or more hood.

if you cam from the hood and live behind armed security with a white girl.....does that make you less hood or more hood...or simply growing passed the hood. shout to @BOSSExcellence

just saying help me and my understand how we can move forward
  • jetlifebih
    jetlifebih Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    That speech was needed in front of that audience reguardless of the messenger

Somebody felt that ether about brands and $$
  • gonemad44
    gonemad44 Members Posts: 21
    Options
    Great topic btw.
    I'll try to address a couple of questions...
    I think the one of the highlights of Jesse Williams speech was the part where he says "If you have no interest in the equal right of black people, then make make no suggestions of those who do."
    As for going back to the hood, I think that's completely misunderstood. There are hoods everywhere, and you don't have to necessarily go there to actually support them or provide resources. It is sometimes extremely difficult to go back to your old hood because people want handouts as if it's owed to them.
    Also I don't think "non-street" people should try to live by the rules of the street. I don't believe I have to agree with everything of the hood/streets to understand it. I would only hope that hood/street ninjas would consider another way of thinking for their benefit.
  • yellowtapesport
    yellowtapesport Members Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

if you cam from the hood and live behind armed security with a white girl..... @BOSSExcellence

#ShotsFired
  • babelipsss
    babelipsss Members Posts: 2,517 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The problem is that we put too much emphasis on what these entertainers have to say. Or don't say. Yes they are highly visible but in the end they are just performers that we pay for a little escapism. They don't make policies, they don't control public budgets. Getting mad about somebody like Stacey Dash spouting off is pointless. She only runs her mouth. On the other side expecting great change from these entertainers just because they said the right thing is unrealistic. We need to pay attention to the people who actually have real control over our daily lives. We should hold them accountable and monitor their actions. There's no messiah out there to lead.
  • bambu
    bambu Members Posts: 3,529 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

There is no one black community.....

We are all different......

As our population grows it will be even more difficult to have a consensus in the community......

America is the only place where all members of one race are expected to have a similar socioeconomic status....

https://youtu.be/sAGkdQvGAeE

• kzzl
    kzzl Members Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? like this you cant solve, you can only try to keep it out of your circle. The negative elements of our people will always be in our society, though.

Id also say that people seem to enjoy having someone to look down on for whatever reason. The average person isn't above that need to validate their worth in some form or fashion.
  • zzombie
    zzombie Members Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It depends on the topic I can't take anything a black man with a while wife says about black women too serious