What do you think of Traveling?

Options
BigBallsNoWorries
BigBallsNoWorries Members Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭✭✭
Traveling is a great way to explore the world and to grow as an individual

I have been traveling since I was a kid

I learned how to walk in Hawaii on the island of Maui

And ever since then, it's been country road trips here, European trips there and everything in between

I believe Traveling is such a game changer and an influential way of changing the dynamic of your thought process, and as a result

It transforms your whole life for the better

And because of all this Traveling, I started thinking why not bring awareness and appreciation to Traveling

So, I created this hoodie to support those that are into Travel or want to

[img][/img]Around_The_World_21_zpsm7a39dqr.jpg4
[img][/img]20160621_0016131_zpserawzo0i.jpg

All in all, I also want to know what's your opinion and mind state on traveling

Comments

• BigBallsNoWorries
    Options
    Chicity wrote: »
    I didn't buy Jonny's Legit shirts, I won't buy you hoodies

Yea thats Nice to know

What do you think of Traveling anyways?
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I love travelling. Going somewhere new where you dont know anybody. Makes you feel free. I havent done much travelling outside of the US unfortunately. The only other country ive been to is Canada, but ive spent a good amount of time in a bunch of different states and saw some cool ? . I hope to do much more travelling in the future and maybe check out some places in europe and asia and parts of Africa and south america. Dont care too much for Australia or Eastern Europe, but if i hear of something that sounds cool I may check them out.
  • zzombie
    zzombie Members Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I like the idea but i would prefer the flags be on the front and i would prefer different nations
  • I Self Lord & Master
    I Self Lord & Master Members Posts: 2,998 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    if u aint papered up its can be very difficult, but doable. theres a science to travel reasonably as far as finances are concerned ...that could be some info to share, cause i was fortunate to have someone to teach me how to get down
  • Chi Snow
    Chi Snow Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 28,111 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Chicity wrote: »
    I didn't buy Jonny's Legit shirts, I won't buy you hoodies

Yea thats Nice to know

What do you think of Traveling anyways?
    I think it's important, especially when you young

Even if it's with the states, to the next state over or a few hours from your house

As you said, it can really help shape a young mind and put things into perspective
  • Trillfate
    Trillfate Members Posts: 24,008 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    People who haven't traveled haven't lived
  • Trillfate
    Trillfate Members Posts: 24,008 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2016
    Options
    20160621_0016131_zpserawzo0i.jpg

U need to put some Black countries on them joints bruh
  • banginscrew901
    banginscrew901 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 7,148 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Traveling is fun and opens you up to things that go on outside of your comfort zone/the norm.
  • mryounggun
    mryounggun Members Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Traveling is dope. I feel sorry for people who have never and will never travel to a different country.
  • BigBallsNoWorries
    Options
    Trillfate wrote: »
    20160621_0016131_zpserawzo0i.jpg

U need to put some Black countries on them joints bruh

Yup, knew I get this comment

The world is huge bruh

I have those on my lists as it is
  • zzombie
    zzombie Members Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    WHY DON'T you make one for each continent
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    travelling is dope. i didnt do much in my early 20s but since a ? came up on a dope ass salary.. i make sure to take a trip once a month..somewhere to see some friends or go dolo. Get out of my town. Every 6 months me and my ? plan a trip around the world somewhere.

i dont even care about getting married, or buying a crib at the moment. I'm in my early 30s. All i want to do is go visit new places, eat new food and ? foreign ?

That's how to do it. I basically did that from 25-33 and got married last year. Get to the Dominican my ? if you haven't been already.

Traveling is the ?
  • jniam
    jniam Members Posts: 623 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Ahh Man, I’m 21 but have been to:
    -Bolded are trips I’ve done solo

Nigeria (NAIJA BOYS)
    Togo
    Benin
    Ghana
    USA
    Canada
    UK (England specifically)
    Germany
    Switzerland (brief)
    Malaysia
    U.A.E
    Thailand
    Cambodia
    South Korea
    Equatorial Guinea

Adding France and Belgium in a few weeks to this list. Possibly Luxembourg. Looking at Brazil for either end of this year or at least a few months next year (looking to delay my FT position until summer so I have 6 months to travel). Will also do Toronto, Canada for Labour Day Weekend.

Being born in Nigeria and emigrating to the states, I think there’s already a propensity to travel amongst our people.

The biggest thing I see in traveling is about broadening your horizon and realizing not everything ends in the US. I talk to so many people who feel like they could fathom life outside of the US. Pure nonsense.

Most importantly, I find just relating with different people with different cultures refreshing.

I remember when I was with a few of my boys and we talked about cities we would like to work in.

Theirs: ATL, Houston, NYC, Dallas, Charlotte etc
    Mine: DC, ATL, Paris, Lagos, Singapore, London, Sao Paulo.

When I mentioned this there were cries of “I’d get homesick” “How would I make friends” etc.

Idk man, traveling stretches you and puts you out of your comfort zone. I get an exhilarating feeling when I touch down on a new surrounding. It’s like an adventure for me.

Brazil man….gotta work on my Portuguese first. They have a Nigerian-Brazilian museum that documents the shared history between the countries.

Regional travel is cool too. Even it's a few hours away, or a new city. Just get away from it every now and then.
  • King Erauno
    King Erauno Members Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lamontbdc wrote: »
    travelling is dope. i didnt do much in my early 20s but since a ? came up on a dope ass salary.. i make sure to take a trip once a month..somewhere to see some friends or go dolo. Get out of my town. Every 6 months me and my ? plan a trip around the world somewhere.

i dont even care about getting married, or buying a crib at the moment. I'm in my early 30s. All i want to do is go visit new places, eat new food and ? foreign ?

That's how to do it. I basically did that from 25-33 and got married last year. Get to the Dominican my ? if you haven't been already.

Traveling is the ?

my ? . we went out there in march. i ? 5 ? the first night. and one each night for the remaining time we were there. hoes hitting us on whatsapp asking when we're coming back.

if you ? go anywhere. GO TO DR!!
  • onetoughmiracle
    onetoughmiracle Members Posts: 2,242 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I've been to the Bahamas. I want to go the DR, Hawaii, Canada, and PR.
  • onetoughmiracle
    onetoughmiracle Members Posts: 2,242 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I still have three years left in my passport. Hopefully I can get one more trip in before it's time to renew it.
  • BobOblah
    BobOblah Members Posts: 9,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Don't we have a thread for this already?
  • BobOblah
    BobOblah Members Posts: 9,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I agree though you gotta travel. 2 of my friends just solidified plans to move one to Hawaii and the other to Miami. Sucks because they're leaving NY, but on the other hand... I'm visiting Hawaii and Miami next winter and not paying for a hotel so ? it. Should be fun.
  • kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I haven't traveled as much as some of ya'll but I've been to Canada twice, which was very fun. Been to many states and honestly, I haven't traveled much outside America because there's so much going on with me here in NYC and elsewhere, maybe I have too much fun here but I do want to experience the world more for sure. I've heard many stories that sound fun but I always say to myself, I can do the same things right here in NYC or in another state and have just as much fun.

I definitely want to visit the Bahamas and other parts of the Caribbean someday though, the Roman Coliseum and Mongolia interest me too.
    700 Members Posts: 14,496 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I gotta get my travel game up
  • scorpio4lfe
    scorpio4lfe Members Posts: 3,159 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Travel?? No one has ever brought that up before. Thanks for the idea TS
  • BigBallsNoWorries
    Options
    Travel?? No one has ever brought that up before. Thanks for the idea TS

Don't give me that attitude