Roseanne Barr Calls Out Louis CK As The New Bill Cosby

Options
1CK1S
1CK1S Members Posts: 27,471 ✭✭✭✭✭
Roseanne Barr Calls Out Louis C.K.: ‘I’ve Heard So Many Stories’

Groundbreaking comedian and 2012 presidential hopeful Roseanne Barr says Bill Cosby is just the tip of the iceberg when it comes to exposing comedy’s abusers. “It’s not just Bill Cosby,” she told The Daily Beast. “Some of the biggest comics, males, are doing some terrible things. And they’re about to get busted.”

Barr, speaking with The Daily Beast for a forthcoming interview about her documentary Roseanne for President!, addressed the Cosby ? scandal that’s rocked the comedy world. She says rampant misogyny is nothing new to female stand-ups who perform at male-dominated clubs, as she first did over 30 years ago when she made her name on the comedy and late night circuit.

“I know several women who went through that with Bill [Cosby],” Barr said, adding that these alleged Cosby victims are not among the nearly 60 women who have already come forward to accuse the comedian of sexual assaults dating back to 1965. “Yeah. I know them,” she said. “No, they didn’t ever come forward. I understand why they don’t. But I’ve known for a long, long time. Everyone knows.

“I was kind of lucky because when I came up there were hardly any women comics, so all you had to deal with was grotesque sexism,” she deadpanned, describing the latent misogyny that grew out of comedy clubs where female comics would be thrown into atmospheres primed to scrutinize them for their gender.

“When they would introduce me and other women, they’d do a stinky pus*y joke,” she remembered. “We all talked about it, like, ‘It’s unbelievable!’ They’d always do a ‘woman’s ? stinks bad’ joke, and they’d say, ‘Tonight, the next act is a woman…’ It’s like they didn’t even know they were doing it.”

Barr theorizes that as that kind of hostile behavior was increasingly frowned upon, sexism in the comedy clubs was sublimated elsewhere but never really left: “Because they couldn’t do that anymore onstage,” she said, “it got really mutated off.”

And Cosby might not be alone. Another high-profile male comic, she predicted, is “about to get busted.”

“I’ve been speaking up,” she said, pausing briefly before naming names. “It’s Louis C.K., locking the door and ? in front of women comics and writers. I can’t tell you—I’ve heard so many stories. Not just him, but a lot of them. And it’s just par for the course. It’s just sh*t women have to put up with.” (Louis C.K.’s rep did not respond to a request for comment.)

In a follow-up email to The Daily Beast, Barr added, “These allegations [against Louis C.K.] have been leveled and talked about for years. I do not have first hand knowledge, though have heard women make these allegations.”

It’s not the first time Roseanne has publicly addressed the rumors of Louis C.K.’s alleged misconduct. In April, she tweeted a 2015 Death and Taxes Magazine article entitled “Did Jen Kirkman out Louis CK’s gross behavior on her podcast last month?” in which comedian Jen Kirkman, on her I Seem Fun podcast, leveled undisclosed accusations against a “Cosby level” “famous comic” and “known perv.” Kirkman said the unnamed comedian “didn’t ? me, but he made a certain difficult decision to go on tour with him really hard.”

A few weeks later, the gossip site Defamer posted emails from an anonymous tipster confronting C.K. for a 2014 incident in which he allegedly “[took] his ? out in front of uninterested and frightened girls.” The same article claimed C.K. was the subject of a similar blind item from 2012 about a male comic who allegedly forced two female comedians to watch him ? at the Aspen Comedy Festival.

Kirkman later deleted the podcast. Guesting on Nerdist to promote her Netflix special later that summer, she explained, “It’s kind of obvious who I was talking about,” while backpedaling on the degree of creepiness that said male comic allegedly displayed during the inciting incident. “Here’s what it’s really like to be a woman in comedy: you have friends, and sometimes they’re creepy, and they’re really successful,” she said.

Last July, Roseanne again tweeted about the Louis C.K. accusations, this time using her own words, calling upon C.K.—and his powerful friends in comedy, like Judd Apatow—to answer the allegations. “I have 0 idea if Louie #CK is a sexual offender or not,” she wrote. “but there R MULTIPLE accusations in Hollywood’s working woman circles. He shld answer.”

I have 0 idea if Louie #CK is a sexual offender or not-but there R MULTIPLE accusations in Hollywood's working woman circles. He shld answer

— Roseanne Barr (@therealroseanne) July 19, 2015
“Ignoring the many women writers who claim Louis #CK is a sexual offender, the Emmy Awards nominated him 4 3 awards. #JuddApatow”

Ignoring the many women writers who claim Louis #CK is a sexual offender, the Emmy Awards nominated him 4 3 awards. #JuddApatow

“It’s just part of it, like rock ‘n’ roll,” said Barr, who says she started getting the itch to do stand-up again following her 2012 presidential campaign and will go on tour in September, in Canada and the U.S., for the first time in 10 years. “That’s why I always talk to my friends.”

The comedy icon says comedy’s ongoing hostility towards women has given her the idea to create a forum for female comedians out of her own L.A. facility.

“I kind of owe it to women to have a safe space for women comics,” she said. “I do own my own studio over here [in Los Angeles], and I’m always thinking, ‘I should help with a safe space for women comics.’ I should. I kind of owe that.”

C.K. himself has remained relatively quiet on the subject, but addressed it when queried in a June interview by New York Magazine: “I don’t care about that. That’s nothing to me. That’s not real,” he said of the Gawker reports.

Pressed on why he hasn’t responded publicly, C.K. answered, “Well, you can’t touch stuff like that. There’s one more thing I want to say about this, and it’s important: If you need your public profile to be all positive, you’re sick in the head. I do the work I do, and what happens next I can’t look after. So my thing is that I try to speak to the work whenever I can. Just to the work and not to my life.”

Comments

• Ghostdenithegawd
    Ghostdenithegawd Members Posts: 16,231 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Nah cmon not Louie to the ?
  • Ghostdenithegawd
    Ghostdenithegawd Members Posts: 16,231 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Now all comedians are weirdo ? ? Everybody on adult swim has to be then also
  • BangEm_Bart
    BangEm_Bart Members Posts: 9,503 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    She lying fdb. Bill Cosby not a ? either.
  • TheNightKing
    TheNightKing Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I like Louis C.K.'s comedy, but I can see him doing some ? like this, lol. Not saying he did, but wouldn't be surprised if he did.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • soul rattler
    soul rattler Members Posts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? trying to get famous off his name.

At least when a Hannibal did it, he was just telling a joke and other people ran with it even though it was already rumored.
  • Splackavelli
    Splackavelli Members Posts: 18,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Foh fat ? ."I've heard stories" you wasn't there to witness it so thats slander. If I was Louis I would sue her. Lol at locking broads in a ROM with him and mastjrbating in front of them. That sounds like something from one of his routines
  • harry knucklez
    harry knucklez Members Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    1CK1S wrote: »
    Last July, Roseanne again tweeted about the Louis C.K. accusations, this time using her own words, calling upon C.K.—and his powerful friends in comedy, like Judd Apatow—to answer the allegations. “I have 0 idea if Louie #CK is a sexual offender or not,” she wrote. “but there R MULTIPLE accusations in Hollywood’s working woman circles. He shld answer.”

I have 0 idea if Louie #CK is a sexual offender or not-but there R MULTIPLE accusations in Hollywood's working woman circles. He shld answer

“Ignoring the many women writers who claim Louis #CK is a sexual offender, the Emmy Awards nominated him 4 3 awards. #JuddApatow”

Ignoring the many women writers who claim Louis #CK is a sexual offender, the Emmy Awards nominated him 4 3 awards. #JuddApatow

“It’s just part of it, like rock ‘n’ roll,” said Barr, who says she started getting the itch to do stand-up again following her 2012 presidential campaign and will go on tour in September, in Canada and the U.S., for the first time in 10 years. “That’s why I always talk to my friends.”

Interesting, because Judd Apatow was talkin mad ? about Bill Cosby over his sexual allegations.
  • OGDirtyDee
    OGDirtyDee Members Posts: 1,699 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Vader_F_Kennedy
    Vader_F_Kennedy Members Posts: 17,715 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Idk you have to be careful saying "I heard" ..people hear a lot of things that doesn't mean its 100%fact ....
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    charles2 wrote: »
    I like Louis C.K.'s comedy, but I can see him doing some ? like this, lol. Not saying he did, but wouldn't be surprised if he did.

Would explain why hes so shameful about himself lol. I like CK's comedy and his show a lot, but it wouldnt surprise me if some stories came out about him. Apatow i cant see being involved in anything like this just off of the fact of how hard he went against cosby. Would be ? up if hes out here doing ? . Especially with his wife in showbiz/comedy and their two kids being featured in every project he does.
  • KNiGHTS
    KNiGHTS Members Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    How the ? do you get "locked" in a room with a dude beating his ? ? The ? ... Walk out or call 911. You sit somewhere for however long until someone busts a nut, you wanted to be there. Cellphone the police. Record a video.

This is what makes these stories so unbelievable to me: he's in a room full of people doing this. EVERYBODY forgot about their cellphones? NO ONE attempted to leave? His raw ? is out, kick him and be out.

Bill Cosby drugged Beverly Johnson, but she remembered every detail to the sound her shoes made leaving his house when he threw her out for cursing at him? Another one stalked him for years, but he had to drug her for the ? ... The ? ?

Either Hollywood is full of some of the weakest, sorriest women I've ever heard of, or they're lying. You could tell me one person got ? up at a time on some one-on-one ? , but now it's "We were forced to watch him ? off."

Look at a wall. Leave. Jump the dude. Call someone. Text. Video tape it for evidence.

On the off chance this unbelievable level of stupid exists, they need to ? themselves for being that weak. "The choice to go on tour was difficult.." ? you mean? And sometimes you have creepy friends who do creepy things. No, I don't. When they did creepy ? , they got downgraded to "I don't ? with this person" status.

A friend pulled a pistol on me when I was 11 because he told me to talk to his ? the phone while he played Punch-Out. I did. I gave him the phone back after talking about this ? beating the game silly, and she asked to speak to me some more. He gave me the phone, left the room, called for me, and when I came into his granddad's room after following his voice the ? had a pistol on me talking about "What the ? I say?"

Never set foot in or around his house again. Creepy ? = done.
  • dwade206
    dwade206 Members Posts: 11,558 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Adds on to the trend of fat ugly cave ? accusing dude's of ? them. ? outta here.
  • LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    These claims been popping up everywhere but nothing came from them

the first chick that made them withdrew everything after jezebel and some other sites started probing

Then Doug Stanhope said that they aren't about Louis but actually about him

I've never heard Ck say anything about them, though
  • NapoleonBlakk
    NapoleonBlakk Members Posts: 53 ✭✭
    Options
    Not surprised, hollywood been on that wierdo ? .
  • DarthRozay
    DarthRozay Members Posts: 20,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Roseanne a legend in these streets. ya'll better put some respeck on her name
  • TheGOAT
    TheGOAT Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 15,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I hope its true

That would be hilarious
  • CracceR
    CracceR Members Posts: 4,346 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i mean locking the door and ? in front of them is not nearly as bad as druggin and rapin imo
    but wtf do i know
  • Kat
    Kat Members Posts: 50,667 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Foh fat ? ."I've heard stories" you wasn't there to witness it so thats slander. If I was Louis I would sue her. Lol at locking broads in a ROM with him and mastjrbating in front of them. That sounds like something from one of his routines

If he doesn't, it's kinda telling imo.
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lol homie a serial public jacker offer
  • Zirconium
    Zirconium Members Posts: 96 ✭✭
    Options
    TheGOAT wrote: »
    I hope its true

That would be hilarious

tumblr_m2zrmz77Dx1rtssfbo2_r1_500.gif
  • Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    if Louis CK is the Bill Cosby, who is the old Bill Cosby?
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    slander and libel lawsuit coming soon.
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    charles2 wrote: »

Cs and it's hilarious