The Official Pokemon Go! Thread

Options

Comments

• bless the child
    bless the child Members Posts: 5,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    A few questions..

1. Does every time you miss with a pokeball count as a lost pokeball?
    2. Can you only get pokeball with coins? And can you only get coins by buying em?

Yeah you lose it. And you can get pokeballs at pokestops when you spin the joint. I only bought 100 pokeballs the first day then just kept re-upping at the pokestop. I got a lot around my crib.
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    damn that's a beast ass gyrados... I battled a 340 dude and lost bad lmao but I was @ the McDonald's drive thru @ the time and wanted to see what it was like
  • VIBE
    Options
    so u can catch high level dudes w a reg Pokeball?
  • PanchoYoSancho
    PanchoYoSancho Members Posts: 13,177 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    A few questions..

2. Can you only get pokeball with coins? And can you only get coins by buying em?

Yeah you lose it. And you can get pokeballs at pokestops when you spin the joint. I only bought 100 pokeballs the first day then just kept re-upping at the pokestop. I got a lot around my crib.
    Yeah i picked up on that after a few minutes. Is there any benefit to catching the same Pokemon over and over again?
  • VIBE
    Options
    A few questions..

Yeah i picked up on that after a few minutes. Is there any benefit to catching the same Pokemon over and over again?

trade em in for candies

so if you have 10 Pikachu's, keep ur highest level one, trade the rest to the guy for one candy apiece

u can only feed that candy to that specific Pokemon

they evolve and ?
  • Trollio
    Trollio Members Posts: 25,815 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    the new update said they go allow trading
  • bless the child
    Options
    VIBE wrote: »
    so u can catch high level dudes w a reg Pokeball?

Yeah. When I caught Gyarados his CP was 545. I upped that ? to try and take over one of these Valor gyms.
  • bless the child
    Options
    A few questions..

Yeah, you get like 500xp when you evolve a pokemon. The higher your level the better pokemon you run into. I basically catch every rattata and pidgey just for that reason. I'm level 10 now.
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
    Also it's good to catch Pokemon cuz if you have a lucky egg that experience points is good then evolve Pokemon you already have you can level up quickly
  • PanchoYoSancho
    edited July 2016
    Options
    It's a good thing I get paid to drive around a college campus. I'm catching Pokemon using state money on gas and my phone battery AND I'm on the clock surrounded by Pokestops everywhere lmao
  • TheBossman
    TheBossman Members Posts: 19,796 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Also it's good to catch Pokemon cuz if you have a lucky egg that experience points is good then evolve Pokemon you already have you can level up quickly

Can you create the Pokémon you want in the egg by breeding or is our an environment thing?

Old Pokémon games it was based on breeding.
  • Turfaholic
    Turfaholic Members Posts: 20,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    TheBossman wrote: »

Can you create the Pokémon you want in the egg by breeding or is our an environment thing?

Old Pokémon games it was based on breeding.

Nah you pick up eggs from pokeshops
  • PanchoYoSancho
    Options
    My Pokepitching skills are weak as ? .
  • bless the child
    Options
    mbvxo41ddqp3.png

Top half of the squad so far
  • VIBE
    Options
    damn my best is like 158
  • IceBergTaylor
    IceBergTaylor Members Posts: 19,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ayo Anyone else having problems getting on?

I started yesterday morning and today I was playing earlier on my way home from work. Got home and settled in. Decided I was gonna go out to grab some pizza (giving me an excuse to go out and play some more) and the ? basically restarted my game! I had already caught 6 pokemon. When I closed the app since I figured it was a glitch, the ? hasnt loaded back since. It keeps telling me cant retrieve my player info.

Idk what to do, this ? making me sad
  • Turfaholic
    Turfaholic Members Posts: 20,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Finally got some pokeballs. Like 30. Went to a gym and got bodied by a Golbat.

Anybody know how to use both attacks?

I know you tap for 1, but how do you use the 2nd?
  • StoneColdMikey
    Options
    When the meter fills, you hold the screen
  • PanchoYoSancho
    Options
    I'd be enjoying this game even more if it didn't freeze half the time I catch a Pokemon
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Caught a venonat while sitting in front of the TV...

GOAT

Just started today though I dont feel like walking around
  • PanchoYoSancho
    Options
    Started 6 hours ago, here's where I'm at...

fr16sjmjmb5u.png

Joined the Valor, but haven't started battling yet.
  • PanchoYoSancho
    Options
    This app has GOAT potnetintial, but I'm been spending more time trying to keep it from freezing and the server going down than actually playing.
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It froze earlier when I caught a jigglypuff then the game tried to make up for it by giving me a magikarp

Then when I finally have a chance to walk around the servers are down

Are eevees common in this? I caught one while watching breaking bad
  • StoneColdMikey
    Options
    Yeah I finally have a flareon