d1al_t0ne Members Posts: 270 ✭✭
    Options
    DMX
    X was on fire back then.
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
    X takes it.

Jay ended the last quarter with Hardknock life Vol 2.

Pun made noise.

P took over the south

Lauryn blew ppl away.

Outkast did they thing.

Nore superthug Blew up

camron had Horse and carriage
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options
    DMX
    X dominated from the winter of 1998 to the summer of 98, Jay ran the fall into the winter of 99.
  • Karl.
    Karl. Members Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    DMX
    Darkman had arguably the greatest ever debut year for a rapper. 2 classic albums.
  • water ur seeds
    water ur seeds Members Posts: 17,667 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    DMX
    Wasnt this the year X went plat TWICE in one year??? If so, for me its no question dude was the MVP... First rapper to ever do it still to this day I believe??
  • 5 Grand
    5 Grand Members Posts: 12,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Master P
    Wasnt this the year X went plat TWICE in one year??? If so, for me its no question dude was the MVP... First rapper to ever do it still to this day I believe??

I'm pretty sure Pac went plat twice in 1996.

• Soloman_The_Wise
    Soloman_The_Wise Members Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    DMX
    Was a Toss up between Master P and DMX I edged X because his ? was killing it to me it stood ut from the rest of what was banging... NO Limit Army was still owning the cars though they had been doing that since 97 at that point...
  • tharealest561
    tharealest561 Members Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Master P
    5 Grand wrote: »
    Master P made some powerful moves thats why I voted for him.

But in hindsight, most of those No Limit albums were garbage.

I still say Master P was the MVP of 1998

You throw rocks and hide your hands.

You ain't even heard a fraction of those albums (as evidenced by your No Limit graveyard thread that you never responded to) but are quick to call them garbage.

FOH.

• water ur seeds
    Options
    DMX

I was pretty sure DMX was the the first to plat twice in the same year, or maybe he was the first to go platinum twice in the same year, in the FIRST WEEK twice??? Or maybe ALIVE??? Fck knows, but Im sure there is some DMX trivia about him going plat twice in the same year SOMEWHERE lol... I maybe wrong though...
  • 5 Grand
    Options
    Master P

You ain't even heard a fraction of those albums (as evidenced by your No Limit graveyard thread that you never responded to) but are quick to call them garbage.

FOH.

I agree with you that I haven't heard a fraction of those No Limit albums but I'm a student of Hip Hop. I study Hip Hop. If those albums were any good people would still be talking about them.

I have Ghetto D which is a good listen. I like the production but I seriously doubt that the rest of those albums are 5 mic classics.

Having said that, Master P was doing big things in 1998.
  • tharealest561
    tharealest561 Members Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Master P

FOH.

I agree with you that I haven't heard a fraction of those No Limit albums but I'm a student of Hip Hop. I study Hip Hop. If those albums were any good people would still be talking about them.

I have Ghetto D which is a good listen. I like the production but I seriously doubt that the rest of those albums are 5 mic classics.

A student of hip hop doesn't label something wack if they haven't heard it.
  • qawshun
    qawshun Members Posts: 9,138 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jay Z
    Flesh of my flesh was weak. It had its dope tracks but in comparison to its dark that ? was trash. That ? sold because people thought it was gonna be like the 1st one. Hard knock quickly became my favorite lp. If that nas 2000 never came out and that double disk would've dropped ha the game would've been a wrap
  • Ether44mag
    Ether44mag Members Posts: 890 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    DMX
    Who had the highest grossing tour that year?

The ? y'all claim was the mvp of that year was the undercard of that tour.

Jay 1a
    Dmx 1b

I was there. Some of you ? wasn't.
    And if you were born in 1993 or later I don't wanna hear your ? opinion.

hey....I was there ,Jay z was my favorite but 98 was Dmx's lets say Jay z was 1b and Dmx 1a but the tour was a rocafella tour so of course jay was the headliner but dmx was a phenomenon that year,jay had big singles and was a top dog so its close ,but the tour had dmx on it so he takes props for the tour also
  • Preach2Teach
    Preach2Teach Members Posts: 3,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    DMX
    If I would have known Pun only has 1 vote so far I would have went with Pun, but X dropped 2 classics that year so had to go with the dark man.
  • gman82
    gman82 Members Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2016
    Options
    DMX
    Who had the highest grossing tour that year?

The ? y'all claim was the mvp of that year was the undercard of that tour.

Jay 1a
    Dmx 1b

I was there. Some of you ? wasn't.
    And if you were born in 1993 or later I don't wanna hear your ? opinion.

Jay did headline the tour, but X stole the show. I remember going to the hard knocknow life tour. ? and Redman opened the show, DMX when next and shut it down, still arguably the best live performance I ever seen from a rapper. Jay went last and half the audience left, real talk. I couldn't believe it, I was a huge Jay fan back then, but X was a much better performer than Jay at the time. Jay's shows have come along way since then.
  • gman82
    gman82 Members Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    DMX

I was pretty sure DMX was the the first to plat twice in the same year, or maybe he was the first to go platinum twice in the same year, in the FIRST WEEK twice??? Or maybe ALIVE??? Fck knows, but Im sure there is some DMX trivia about him going plat twice in the same year SOMEWHERE lol... I maybe wrong though...

2Pac in 96'

All eyes on me (February) and Makaveli (November)
  • water ur seeds
    edited July 2016
    Options
    DMX

FOH.

I dont wanna be petty *nore voice* but didnt you once say you never heard Big Pun's or Big L's albums??? Or was it just Pun??? Either way you missing out on CLASSIC albums...
  • water ur seeds
    Options
    DMX
    gman82 wrote: »

2Pac in 96'

All eyes on me (February) and Makaveli (November)

Yeah like I said, maybe it was for ALIVE rapper or something like that... Im pretty sure I heard X set some kinda record with two plat albums in one year...
  • 5 Grand
    Options
    Master P

FOH.

I dont wanna be petty *nore voice* but didnt you once say you never heard Big Pun's or Big L's albums??? Or was it just Pun??? Either way you missing out on CLASSIC albums...

I never heard Yeah Baby and I have no desire to. I have Capital Punishment and Endangered Species. I also have Big L's Harlem's Finest LP which should be in The Vault.

As far as Master P is concerned, by all means, tell me which of the No Limit albums that came out in 1998 are "classics".

And lets not front like you've heard EVERY rap album.
  • Preach2Teach
    Preach2Teach Members Posts: 3,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    DMX

FOH.

I never heard Yeah Baby and I have no desire to. I have Capital Punishment and Endangered Species. I also have Big L's Harlem's Finest LP which should be in The Vault.

As far as Master P is concerned, by all means, tell me which of the No Limit albums that came out in 1998 are "classics".

So you have Capital Punishment and ES but Have never heard yeahhhh babbbyyy??? this ? makes no sense, why wouldn't you give it a listen?
  • Revolver Ocelot
    Revolver Ocelot Members Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Master P

FOH.

Really? That ? like what Born Again is to Big.

They named that ? right tho. It should have been killed and never heard from.

• Cutler 26 INT's LOL!
    Cutler 26 INT's LOL! Members Posts: 7,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    DMX

FOH.

C-Murder "Life or Death"
    Soulja Slim "Give It 2 Em Raw"
    Fiend "There's One In Every Family"
    Mia-X "Mama Drama"
    Mystikal "Ghetto Fabolous"

All personal classics from No Limit in "98
  • 5 Grand
    Options
    Master P

FOH.

Nosign. Endangered Species is all the posse jams, remixes and freestyles that Pun did while he was alive. Yeah Baby was a posthumous album.

I think Capital Punishment and Endangered Species is Pun at his best, Yeah Baby was leftover scraps that they threw together to make a fast buck.
  • PanchoYoSancho
    PanchoYoSancho Members Posts: 13,177 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    DMX

FOH.

Nosign. Endangered Species is all the posse jams, remixes and freestyles that Pun did while he was alive. Yeah Baby was a posthumous album.

I think Capital Punishment and Endangered Species is Pun at his best, Yeah Baby was leftover scraps that they threw together to make a fast buck.

I dont know where you got this from, but Pun was working on that album. Not sure if he completed it before he died, but it came out 2 months after he passed.
  • Built 4 cuban linx
    Built 4 cuban linx Members Posts: 12,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    DMX
    Pun finished yeah baby but you not missing much cause that ? was trash