Do Men and Women Have Specific Roles To Play In A Relationship?

Options
NeighborhoodNomad.
NeighborhoodNomad. Members Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited July 2016 in For The Grown & Sexy
Since everything that exists has a position to play, Do Men and Women have specific roles to play in a relationship? Society may say, or may have said "yes" but I'm talking about naturally. Does society give us those relationship roles/rules or does nature?

If yes, What is a Man's role to his Woman, and what is a Woman's roll to her Man?

Do Men and Women Have Specific Roles To Play In A Relationship? 28 votes

Yes
89%
DupacmrrealoneKaianeed123BelovedAfenijetlifebihhueybigbird_1dallas' 4 evaChillaDaKillaCapitalBMr.LVsemi-auto-matoLPastCabana_Da_Don_God_32DaysOfInfinitiTrillfatemanofmorehouseNeighborhoodNomad. 25 votes
No
10%
ShuffingtonBussy_Getta Lou Cypher 3 votes

Comments

• Fosheezy
    Fosheezy Members Posts: 3,204 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yes
    This really shouldn't be up for vote and or debate
  • NeighborhoodNomad.
    Options
    Yes
    What is a Man's role to his Woman and what is a Woman's role to her Man?
  • So ILL
    So ILL Members Posts: 16,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Should be, but its harder with these new women that want to be equal to men and all while still having female privileges of old-fashioned women from back in the day. It doesn't help that so many women listen to single (and oftentimes bitter) women's advice on relationships and who should be what.
  • NeighborhoodNomad.
    Options
    Yes
    Qiv_Owan wrote: »
    Man : Protect, provide, serve
    Woman: Serve, provide, protect

I like the way you put that. We're responsible of the same things just on different levels or at different times.

Do you believe society gave us these rules, or is it innate?
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Right. I wouldn't use the word "serve" I'd say support but I agree
  • Qiv_Owan
    Qiv_Owan Members Posts: 4,125 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Exactly

Its innate, theyre instilled in us but society is responsible the jaded views of what/who "should" do what, it promotes duality instead of singularity...we are one

Thats the simple answer

But these 3 things on a mental, physical, spiritual, and psychological level and beyond is all we're here to do
  • 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    this question always causes arguments with me and wufes friends....

these so called new women are fukking the game up and ? are letting them .

it's insane
  • Qiv_Owan
    Options
  • Bussy_Getta
    Bussy_Getta Members Posts: 37,679 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No
    With the rise of the fatherless ? that wanna be treated like women, no
  • the dukester
    the dukester Members Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yes
    Man= Provide, protect, lead, give instruction.

Woman= Nurture, be a co-pilot, keep herself physically attractive, give sex on a consistent basis, no nagging.
  • NeighborhoodNomad.
    Options
    Yes
    Man - Lead, Love, Protect, Provide, Produce/Create, Encourage, Serve and Stability

Woman - Love, Support, Protect, Nurture, Serve

I belive these are innate and we balance each other out. We fit perfectly like a puzzle piece to complete each other, or become one as the Brother said earlier.
  • CapitalB
    CapitalB Members Posts: 24,556 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yes

i like this..

im stealin this..
  • felliwonda
    felliwonda Members Posts: 416 ✭✭✭
    Options

Yeah man I like the way you put that there very simple and to the point. I think the rest in between comes throughout the years as a woman and man get to know each other throughout the years cause i strongly believe you never stop knowing each other. But for the most part that ☝
  • LPast
    LPast Members Posts: 4,546 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yes
    Reflects.....Can you protect your woman if she is pumping gas and you are taking selfies in the car?
  • AP21
    AP21 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 17,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I would just be happy if she fixed my plate at functions :'(
  • NeighborhoodNomad.
    Options
    Yes
    I see a few reactions but I would love to get some genuine responses from the Ladies as well.
  • Qiv_Owan
    edited July 2016
    Options
    LPast wrote: »
    Reflects.....Can you protect your woman if she is pumping gas and you are taking selfies in the car?

If ur in the car while ur woman is pumping gas then that woman needs to evaluate why shes with you
    AP21 wrote: »

Trill ? , i get where u comin from

But aint nobody fixin my damn plate but me, I'll gladly fix hers tho

(I dont go to functions post)
  • BeardedFreak
    BeardedFreak Members Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I never expect a woman to protect or provide.

She's supports, serves and loves.

I protect, provide and ravish her ?
  • NeighborhoodNomad.
    Options
    Yes
    LPast wrote: »

If ur in the car while ur woman is pumping gas then that woman needs to evaluate why shes with you
    AP21 wrote: »

Trill ? , i get where u comin from

But aint nobody fixin my damn plate but me, I'll gladly fix hers tho

(I dont go to functions post)

When she fixes your plate (whether at home or a function), it's an ultimate sign of respect. I'm down to fix her plate too tho.
  • BrideofKilla
    BrideofKilla Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 4,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yes
    I think that roles differ depending on the situation of the relationship. My guy and I are like yen/yang. He has what I was missing and I give him what he needs.

What I've found is that when you've been single for a while, you're used to doing for yourself and it's hard to let someone in that's willing and able to take the reigns and lighten your load.

Financially, I've been raised to always make my own and add to the relationship rather than subtract, so I feel like both man and woman should work/provide.

But I'm pretty traditional as far as roles go. I enjoy maintaining the household. He enjoys being the primary breadwinner. So it works for us.
  • Qiv_Owan
    edited July 2016
    Options
    I feel that but when it comes to portions i dont want my plate to be lackin

Home yes thats different

Someone do a birdcall and get the ladies in this ?
  • NeighborhoodNomad.
    Options
    Yes
    I think that roles differ depending on the situation of the relationship. My guy and I are like yen/yang. He has what I was missing and I give him what he needs.

What I've found is that when you've been single for a while, you're used to doing for yourself and it's hard to let someone in that's willing and able to take the reigns and lighten your load.

Financially, I've been raised to always make my own and add to the relationship rather than subtract, so I feel like both man and woman should work/provide.

But I'm pretty traditional as far as roles go. I enjoy maintaining the household. He enjoys being the primary breadwinner. So it works for us.

That's real. It's all about that balance or yin/yang as you called it. Do you believe these roles are innate or something society has created?
  • Bussy_Getta
    Bussy_Getta Members Posts: 37,679 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No
    I see a few reactions but I would love to get some genuine responses from the Ladies as well.

My ? was genuine, hoe.
  • BrideofKilla
    BrideofKilla Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 4,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yes

That's real. It's all about that balance or yin/yang as you called it. Do you believe these roles are innate or something society has created?

Innate. I think we all have the ability to learn survival tactics and along the way we discover what we want out of life. Meeting someone that shares those skills and is willing to assist with getting what you want shouldn't be as hard as people make it to be. Societal standards be damned. No one has the rule book to life and even if they think they do, who are they to impose it upon an individual?