what makes a regular mate different from a special one?

Options
2stepz_ahead
2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
I often get into these debates with my wife's friends about what's expected, what should happen( 'posed to do) and what's special. most of the time it all runs together and is blurred.

there has to be a line where a normal person turns into a special person. when going above and beyond is different than, that's what you supposed to do.

I'm not talking ? , special. I'm talking the person on the receiving end feels like a king or queen.

Comments

• Bussy_Getta
    Bussy_Getta Members Posts: 37,679 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Uhhhhhh
    Huh???
  • semi-auto-mato
    semi-auto-mato Members Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ur post is confusing as hell but im going to take a stab at it. I am going to assume when u say special u mean romantically but anyone can be special. I have female friends and 4 of them are very special to me. We are like family and I will go above and beyond to make sure they are ok.

a mate or spouse is a whole different type love. I have responsibilities to my wife. our well being is directly connected to each other so some things both her and I must do (or as u say are supposed to do) to ensure survival and happiness.

flowers, cards, and candies (got me on my usher ? right now) is that above and beyond? I mean what is above and beyond?

I feel like the king of my castle...

King Semi Auto Mato and Queen Tater Tot (y'all don't be laughing at my wife nickname)

• mryounggun
    mryounggun Members Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I don't know that a thread can really built around this concept. This ? means VASTLY different things to different people, to the point that it's almost not even worth discussing.
  • 2stepz_ahead
    Options
    mryounggun wrote: »
    I don't know that a thread can really built around this concept. This ? means VASTLY different things to different people, to the point that it's almost not even worth discussing.

that's the point....a very open convo.

most people can't understand the concept and that's why they can't have the convo.

? can't understand eating steak when spam is the standard and peak of your taste.
  • 2stepz_ahead
    Options
    ur post is confusing as hell but im going to take a stab at it. I am going to assume when u say special u mean romantically but anyone can be special. I have female friends and 4 of them are very special to me. We are like family and I will go above and beyond to make sure they are ok.

a mate or spouse is a whole different type love. I have responsibilities to my wife. our well being is directly connected to each other so some things both her and I must do (or as u say are supposed to do) to ensure survival and happiness.

flowers, cards, and candies (got me on my usher ? right now) is that above and beyond? I mean what is above and beyond?

I feel like the king of my castle...

King Semi Auto Mato and Queen Tater Tot (y'all don't be laughing at my wife nickname)

that's part the question.

some only do that once or twice a year. others do it every month or week.

what is above an beyond, what is basic everyday ? you 'posed to do.

it can drift from person to person but its interesting that aint ? has the same look.so why can't it be the other way as well.