Muhammad Ali's Son Dumps His Wife & Children After Inheriting Share Of $80 million Fortune

Options
Max.
Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
368531D600000578-0-image-a-1_1469239921957.jpg

36855C5200000578-0-Ali_Jr_far_left_poses_with_his_father_and_Mike_Tyson_right_He_wa-a-8_1469240084842.jpg

Muhammad Ali Jr. believed to have moved out of family home in Chicago
Wanted to live in better neighborhood after years in the South Side
For the last ten years he has been relying on food stamps and handouts
Had been estranged from his sporting legend father for a number of years
Muhammad Ali's son has dumped his wife and two children after inheriting his part of his late father's fortune, a reportsuggests.Just over a month after the The Greatest's death, Muhammad Ali Jr. is believed to have moved out of his family home in Chicago's South Side to a more affluent part of the city.

He was woefully neglected by his absentee father as a child, and badly bullied by boys who wanted to prove they could beat up the champion’s son.

Sources told Radar Online he wanted to move into a better neighborhood after getting the money.

Children of the boxing hero, who died on June 3, met in California to discus how to divide his estate.

Comments

• Max.
    edited July 2016
    Options
    For the last ten years, he and his family - wife Shaakira and children, Ameera, eight, and Shakera, seven - have been relying on food stamps and handouts.

He had been estranged from his sporting legend father for a number of years.

The insiders say he is moving close to Midway Airport.

They have also hinted that his wife and children won't completely miss out.

'He gave his wife $75 to buy herself something nice, and bought the kids new shoes. He also wants to set up a trust fund for his kids,' the source told the tabloid site.

dda25cacad81cbf1f4123aa71a0a28197f625b0a604e9b6ca5914f5ce98ef26d.jpg

After suffering problems with addiction, his family now want him to get clean and get a job.

The insider added: 'He wants to do landscaping stuff and help people. He doesn’t need much. He’s a simple dude.'

In an interview with Daily Mail Online shortly before his father's death, Ali Jr. said he was in contact with his sisters, but they rarely discussed family matters.

He said: 'I'm trying to live life, and be good. I saw him on his 72nd birthday, then on his 73rd birthday, I sung happy birthday to him, and I heard nothing back, he didn't respond and I know it was the Parkinson's. I knew he was in a pretty bad shape.

'I don't discuss my father to my sisters about anything, I don't have anybody I can confide in, so I don't do that. I don't really care anymore about being cut off from the family.

'I've got through so much things in my life, I've got to the point where it doesn't matter anymore, I live for me. I live life.

'I know that the last thing about Parkinson's is being bed ridden, and he's been laid up in bed for months.

'My grandfather also has Parkinson's, I don't think about my father, when my grandfather is in Flossmoor, I'm close to him, more than I am my father, I've got to serve my purpose and help my grandfather Sada Ali-Din, at least I'm helping somebody.

'He's got Parkinson's, my mother's father. He lives with Amina.

'It's just not something that I worry about, I've got more things to worry about than my father, I got to live life.'

He had claimed he had received nothing from his father before his death.
  • Louis Devinear
    Louis Devinear Members Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I ain't mad at him.

Break her off with a couple mil and live.

• 7figz
    7figz Members Posts: 15,294 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This story sound bogus but ok.
  • Max.
    Options
    I wonder what happen between him n his dad
  • semi-auto-mato
    semi-auto-mato Members Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Half of it hers. She gonna get more cuz of this ? . ? is stupid smh
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Illinois is not a community property state, its a equitable division state, so there's no automatic 50/50 split. Then there's this:

§ 503. Disposition of property and debts.
    (a) For purposes of this Act, “marital property” means all property, including debts and other obligations, acquired by either spouse subsequent to the marriage, except the following, which is known as “non-marital property”:
    (1) property acquired by gift, legacy or descent or property acquired in exchange for such property;

The wife might not get anything..she better find a damn good attorney who can spin this inheritance as martial property...

Don't matter.

If true I hope and wish nothing but bad things to happen to him.
  • Jabu_Rule
    Jabu_Rule Members Posts: 5,993 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Max. wrote: »
    I wonder what happen between him n his dad

He left his first wife and created a new family. Then he developed his daughter to continue his legacy. Salt.
  • KingFreeman
    KingFreeman Members Posts: 13,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I chuckled but foh with this radar online fodder.
  • blakfyahking
    blakfyahking Members Posts: 15,785 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    7figz wrote: »
    Shizlansky wrote: »
    Illinois is not a community property state, its a equitable division state, so there's no automatic 50/50 split. Then there's this:

(a) For purposes of this Act, “marital property” means all property, including debts and other obligations, acquired by either spouse subsequent to the marriage, except the following, which is known as “non-marital property”:
    (1) property acquired by gift, legacy or descent or property acquired in exchange for such property;

The wife might not get anything..she better find a damn good attorney who can spin this inheritance as martial property...

Don't matter.

If true I hope and wish nothing but bad things to happen to him.

You saying that like it's personal. You don't know 'bout they relationship dude, chill out.

^^^exactly......? be quick to look down on somebody else when they don't know what went on in somebody else's household SMH
  • kzzl
    kzzl Members Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sounds like one of them ? that got "trapped" and always wished for a way out. We all know one.
  • deadeye
    deadeye Members Posts: 22,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Big mistake.

By leaving his wife, she'll probably end up getting half of his inheritance through divorce.

Probably end up paying alimony/spousal support and child support on top of that.

Lawyers are probably lining up to represent her now.

@Elzo69Renaissance
  • deadeye
    deadeye Members Posts: 22,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    deadeye wrote: »
    Big mistake.

By leaving his wife, she'll probably end up getting half of his inheritance through divorce.

Probably end up paying alimony/spousal support and child support on top of that.

Lawyers are probably lining up to represent her now.

@Elzo69Renaissance

clipart-plain-face-512x512-bcd4.png
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Don't believe this one bit but if true, they ll make sure he pays
  • Koltrain
    Koltrain Members Posts: 4,286 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? life sound miserable..
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options