Will Meek Ever Reach the popularity, buzz, and musical quality of Dreamchasers 2 Again

Options
MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14 Members Posts: 15,337 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited July 2016 in The Reason
It was the Summer 2012. I just graduated college and was doing sales. One thing i remember about that Summer was DC2 being played everywhere. Amen, Burn, Flexing, and Racked Up Shawty were metro booming in ? whips. That mixtape was special and inspired me to what eventually would be being a Manager at Subway. Since then meek has slowly but surely dipped off.

His first album dropped and it was average. DC3 came and went and was a step down from DC2. His second album rode on the heels of a Drake ghost writing feature. And here we are. 6 months of DC4 snippets of DC4 that are not close to DC2 greatness. So the question is Will meek every get back to the combined buzz, quality and popularity of DC2?

Will Meek Ever Reach the popularity, buzz, and musical quality of Dreamchasers 2 Again 57 votes

No (That was really his peak music and popularity wise)
78%
janklowwalwynsapp08_2001mike06TheBossmanjust.might.b.okgum989anduinDarthRozayLcnsdbyROYALTYbkkbullyTrill Gate$af.r.i.c.a.Cutler 26 INT's LOL!t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088iron man1nujerz84MrCrookedLetterStoneColdMikeyLike Water 45 votes
Yes (He still has potential to become a better rapper and build his fanbase)
21%
Dupac[Deleted User]scrapper1mryounggunilledoutMr.LVNothingButTheTruthvictory_kidGetoBoyJack_MovesEmM HoLLa.natural born sinners 12 votes

Comments

• The_Jackal
    The_Jackal Members Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No. You can only rhyme about your rollie and scream rap so much before ? get tired of it.

He could be a good artists on his Tony story type ? but I doubt it.
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
    nope.
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
    but you can argue he was more popular last year cuz he did sold a lot with his last album
  • gee757
    gee757 Members Posts: 26,374
    Options
    Y is outsider white hockey players worried about meek mill? If the ts was part of the culture then this hockey playing saltine wouldve known meek had the #1 album n the country 2wks n a row last summer 15 wit no ghostwriters & it's gold wit a plat single & dwmtm won rap album of the yr
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You niggs won't let him
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    His second album was dope af brw but folks act like they never liked meek because of drake
  • gee757
    Options
    AggyAF wrote: »
    His second album was dope af brw but folks act like they never liked meek because of drake

Thats internet ? meek is winning in real life meek is only losing 2 computer nerd drakies & hoe budden internet soldiers
  • d1al_t0ne
    d1al_t0ne Members Posts: 270 ✭✭
    Options
    Future took over Meek's lane. He really was supposed to have that ? on lock but got distracted by social media along the way.

I still do think though that he needs to put more of his own struggles into his raps. His battles with the justice system in PA etc.

One thing with Meek, when that ? pours his emotions into a song you can feel that ? ... Dreams and Nightmares intro being the best example of that. Imagine pouring that energy elsewhere.
  • illedout
    illedout Members Posts: 8,194 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2016
    Options
    This internet ? is cool and all,
    But in real life Meek is still getting paid doing shows, appearances, and still getting endorsement deals..

As far as the music,
    I think Meek will be okay as long as he keep making ? like this, and don't get too caught up in the microwave trap rap ? ..

https://youtu.be/GYYxqquxz6c
  • genocidecutter
    genocidecutter Members Posts: 17,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nope never
  • gee757
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Meek is a blk street rapper wit no white privilege like a drake I highly doubt he'll do 250k+ the 1st wk again like he did last summer 15.......a blk street rapper n 2days game who don't have white privilege wish he was n Meeks shoes cuz he's winning men lie women lie numbers don't
  • t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088
    t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088 Members Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    gee757 wrote: »
    Meek is a blk street rapper wit no white privilege like a drake I highly doubt he'll do 250k+ the 1st wk again like he did last summer 15.......a blk street rapper n 2days game who don't have white privilege wish he was n Meeks shoes cuz he's winning men lie women lie numbers don't

Word. Kendricks white privilege really helping him out with all the controversial ? he's saying.....
  • gee757
    Options

Word. Kendricks white privilege really helping him out with all the controversial ? he's saying.....

Well kdot is part of the machine so he's backed by white supremacy that's y he's the only tde member that moves units
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    Options
    Y is outsider white hockey players worried about meek mill? If the ts was part of the culture then this hockey playing saltine wouldve known meek had the #1 album n the country 2wks n a row last summer 15 wit no ghostwriters & it's gold wit a plat single & dwmtm won rap album of the yr

Anyone can go gold with the cheat codes. But during the same time Meek juts got to gold Cole and Kendrick went plat and they had conscious messages in their ? . DC2 everyone was riding around bumping that when i would be in Hartford New Haven and even some cats in the black suburbs in CT. Yes Mr Cee there are black suburbs in Connecticut we are not all crakkas.
  • gee757
    Options

Anyone can go gold with the cheat codes. But during the same time Meek juts got to gold Cole and Kendrick went plat and they had conscious messages in their ? . DC2 everyone was riding around bumping that when i would be in Hartford New Haven and even some cats in the black suburbs in CT. Yes Mr Cee there are black suburbs in Connecticut we are not all crakkas.

How many blk street rappers did meek mill numbers last yr or this yr? When. U answer that then y'all see how stupid u sound
  • mryounggun
    mryounggun Members Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    AggyAF wrote: »

I was just talking to someone about this. It's all fun and jokes, but let's not ignore the fact that Meek put out a hell of an album.
  • LcnsdbyROYALTY
    LcnsdbyROYALTY Members Posts: 13,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He inspired you to become a manager at Subway!? Wtf??
  • d1al_t0ne
    Options
    ? are discounting how hard it is to get a buzz and sustain that ? . Sure Meek will continue to be relevant and will have his core fans but he missed that window to really take his ? to the next level.
  • gee757
    Options
    d1al_t0ne wrote: »
    ? are discounting how hard it is to get a buzz and sustain that ? . Sure Meek will continue to be relevant and will have his core fans but he missed that window to really take his ? to the next level.

So u mean to tell me a blk street rapper album doing 250k+ the 1st wk last summer 15 & going go gold wit a plat single & snatchin a rap album of the yr award ain't great success? If that ain't plz tell me what is? Imean did y'all seriously think a blk street rapper like meek was gonna do a milly the 1st wk & b #1 10 WKS n a row wit out white privilege? I know y'all ain't that foolish smh
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    Options

How many blk street rappers did meek mill numbers last yr or this yr? When. U answer that then y'all see how stupid u sound

this isn't about black street rappers sales numbers. This is about the buzz and quality of DC2 versus the buzz and quality of his 2nd album. DC2 had the streets on lock 10 times more than meeks 2nd album. The subject matter and song compositoin in DC2 was miles beyond his 2nd album as well.
  • mc317
    mc317 Members Posts: 5,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It was the Summer 2012. I just graduated college and was doing sales. One thing i remember about that Summer was DC2 being played everywhere. Amen, Burn, Flexing, and Racked Up Shawty were metro booming in ? whips. That mixtape was special and inspired me to what eventually would be being a Manager at Subway. Since then meek has slowly but surely dipped off.

His first album dropped and it was average. DC3 came and went and was a step down from DC2. His second album rode on the heels of a Drake ghost writing feature. And here we are. 6 months of DC4 snippets of DC4 that are not close to DC2 greatness. So the question is Will meek every get back to the combined buzz, quality and popularity of DC2?

you stupid ? ? nobodylistens to meek mills

• d1al_t0ne
    Options
    d1al_t0ne wrote: »

So u mean to tell me a blk street rapper album doing 250k+ the 1st wk last summer 15 & going go gold wit a plat single & snatchin a rap album of the yr award ain't great success? If that ain't plz tell me what is? Imean did y'all seriously think a blk street rapper like meek was gonna do a milly the 1st wk & b #1 10 WKS n a row wit out white privilege? I know y'all ain't that foolish smh

Future eclipsed him though. No one is saying he's done. He just won't get that buzz back like he had.