Should i show up and drop my resume in or send it in via computer system?

Options
MazterChef
MazterChef Members Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭✭✭
Real goon
3hunna

im thinking of showing up and dropping it in the ? on the phone told me the system is more effective but im not really sure im thinking of doing a drive by

Comments

• MazterChef
    Options
    Copper wrote: »
    Both....then tell'em you make a mean omelet

come on g u really think i should pop up?
  • MazterChef
    Options
    HafBayked wrote: »
    Both

they know off top to take you seriously

submit the online one and then go follow up with the paper

walk in like you cool with everybody already....make em remember you even if you're only there a few mins

u real
  • AZTG
    AZTG Members Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Long as you look presentable while going in, id say so both.
  • ReppinTime
    ReppinTime Members Posts: 4,760 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2016
    Options
    I just had this convo with my boy except it was a contract...I told him online so they wouldn't know he was black and he'd get white privilege..

That was a week ago and he ain't heard back

:#
  • MazterChef
    Options
    ReppinTime wrote: »
    I just had this convo with my boy except it was a contract...I told him online so they wouldn't know he was black and he'd get white privilege..

That was a week ago and he ain't heard back

:#

? tryna hack white priviledge hahaha
    u think yall got the cheat code lol
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Depends on how big the business is. If it's a large company where they use software to pick up key words on your resume to filter then send it through email. If it's a smaller mom and pop type business then go in and dress to impress.
  • D0wn
    D0wn Members Posts: 10,818 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? if u blk. Do it through the CPU first.
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2016
    Options
    If you walk in with a resume in 2016 you're gonna be looked at as weird. Bc that is weird. Like you're a ? . Thats uncomfortable therefore you will be seen as potentially awkward to work with , that is definitely not the move
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
    Walk in strapped with tnt that'll make them take u serious
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Send it in a package so when they see it at UPS....ahhh ? it I'm too lazy to make this joke work
  • Qiv_Owan
    Qiv_Owan Members Posts: 4,125 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Resumes online are parsed and not actually viewed by a person unless they make it thru there by having a vertain percentage of "codewords", edit yours to fit keywords in the job description or qualifications

If not itll remain on the abyss of submitted resumes amd just spiral into oblivion

But dont walk-in cuz big companies hate that, when u make it through the online process just bring it to the interview maybe in a nice folder or something
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Both. Online, then a day or two later in person. Walk to the front desk slam the resume down and let them know "I'm here for the ? job!"
  • Antlerz
    Antlerz Members Posts: 3,143 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Send it online. They'll either call or email you for an interview. Bring a copy of your resume, dont go in expecting for them to rremember you. You should be sending multiple resumes.
  • mrtdb
    mrtdb Members Posts: 2,080 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Find a point of contact and submit it to them personally for the job...then go through the online process. If the position is on linkedin they usually have a section to the right that includes the profile of the HR person who posted it.

At the very least you'll have an actual person reading it instead of the ATS system (which doesn't always read your resume the way you want it to)
  • mrtdb
    Options
    There's no point dropping a resume off in person...and I day that because if it's a major corp...you'll most likely leave it with a secretary who will either lose it or throw it away. She doesn't care about your position...especially if she decides she doesn't care for you in the short time you meet (for whatever reason: skin color, your outfit, your tone/voice)

If it's for a smaller role, customer service or something...I know from my senior year of high school (because my parents insisted on me being old school and dropping of resumes in person ) you'll be told repeatedly "that's cool...you gotta apply online"
  • mrtdb
    Options
    Me personally? I'm in IT...and I like the "hack the bosses computer" method. You should give it a try...might get arrested but you'll be the most qualified convict on the job market
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This is why i laugh at people asking for advice on the IC

If you haven't noticed ? will confidently tell you some of the worst ? possible advice.

Handing off a resume in 2016? :joy:
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    make a paper airplane out of it and fly it thru the bosses window