The Official Games of the XXXI Olympiad thread.

Options

Comments

• The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ryan Lochte on NBC...idiot

Still sticking with the gun story. SMH.
  • Rubato Garcia
    Rubato Garcia Members Posts: 4,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lmao

Ryan Lochte On Why He Lied To NBC About Being Robbed: "I Was Still Intoxicated"

http://deadspin.com/ryan-lochte-on-why-he-lied-to-nbc-about-being-robbed-1785553841
  • 313 wayz
    313 wayz Members Posts: 2,179 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    yo...Tori Bowie got that sexy country accent too
  • d.green
    d.green Members Posts: 12,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2016
    Options
  • Chi-Town Bully
    Chi-Town Bully Members Posts: 29,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    These Africans have no competition in the marathon, this dude just left everybody behind
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Remember that gold medal game at 2:45
  • TheBoyRo
    TheBoyRo Members Posts: 13,647 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ryan Lochte on NBC...idiot

• The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The Olympics at one time was used to determine who the greatest athlete was. Which event best epitomizes that?

The Decathlon

100 meter race
    Long jump
    Shotput throw
    high jump
    400 meter race
    110 hurdles
    Discus throw
    Pole vault
    Javelin throw
    1500 meter race

or

The Triathlon

1.5 km Swim
    40 km Bike
    10 km Run

The Decathlon requires more different skills, but each of the individual events of the Triathlon is probably more grueling than the entire Decathlon. Also, you have to do all three events back to back, whereas the Decathlon does have quite a bit of waiting during some events and is split across two days.
  • O.G.
    O.G. Members Posts: 7,555 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The Olympics at one time was used to determine who the greatest athlete was. Which event best epitomizes that?

The Decathlon

100 meter race
    Long jump
    Shotput throw
    high jump
    400 meter race
    110 hurdles
    Discus throw
    Pole vault
    Javelin throw
    1500 meter race

or

The Triathlon

1.5 km Swim
    40 km Bike
    10 km Run

The Decathlon requires more different skills, but each of the individual events of the Triathlon is probably more grueling than the entire Decathlon. Also, you have to do all three events back to back, whereas the Decathlon does have quite a bit of waiting during some events and is split across two days.

Imo The Decathlon is more about being athletic. The Triathlon is about having more endurance. So if you are gonna be the worlds greatest athlete you should be athletic. I'm choosing the Decathlon.
  • dontdiedontkillanyon
    dontdiedontkillanyon Members Posts: 10,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Uzbekistan vs Russia boxing finals match was GOAT. Two guys running and swinging into each other like they're both possessed.
  • R0mp
    R0mp Members Posts: 4,250 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

The Decathlon

100 meter race
    Long jump
    Shotput throw
    high jump
    400 meter race
    110 hurdles
    Discus throw
    Pole vault
    Javelin throw
    1500 meter race

or

The Triathlon

1.5 km Swim
    40 km Bike
    10 km Run

Those decathlon athletes aren't the best at any of the 10 events they compete in. They wouldn't medal if they competed in any one event, individually, against the best in the world.

But they are very good at all 10 events and they have the endurance to complete all of them in a short period of time. ? 's grueling.
  • ckfree
    ckfree Members Posts: 9,659 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    mongolia got robbed of a bronze in wrestling due to early celebration 5 seconds before the end of the match

the mangolian coach lost it and started strripping in front of the judges

it was pandemonium
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ckfree wrote: »
    mongolia got robbed of a bronze in wrestling due to early celebration 5 seconds before the end of the match

it was pandemonium

I was rolling
  • dontdiedontkillanyon
    Options

it was pandemonium

LOL, I need to check this out.
  • TheBoyRo
    TheBoyRo Members Posts: 13,647 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Smh

English Gardner, who ran the third leg of the race (4X100) told “Today’s” Sheinelle Jones that when she looked in her bag just before the final race, she saw only one spike. With just 10 minutes before the race start time, Gardner calmly told a coach she was missing a shoe.

“I’m normally not a person to forget my shoes. That’s kind of like, you know, a soldier showing up to a war without his guns,” Gardner said.

“Once again, Allyson, like the vet she is, pulled out an extra pair of shoes,” she said. “Definitely was a half size too big but there’s nothing that double socks couldn’t fix.”

Gardner says that after Thursday night’s time trial for the relay, which advanced them into the final, she returned to the apartment she shared with her parents in Rio and never touched her spike bag. Friday night at the stadium’s warm-up track, she left her bag in a tent as she warmed up. Just more than 10 minutes before the team was to report to the call room, she prepared to practice hand-offs with Allyson Felix. She went to her bag to get her shoes: “I opened my bag, and it looked like stuff had been moved around. And there was only one spike in it.”
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Options

it was pandemonium

Both coaches started stripping like the Bash Brothers in the Mighty Ducks 2
  • Beta
    Options
    Bball on y'all
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Options
    This team is trash
  • ckfree
    ckfree Members Posts: 9,659 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    usa will start possessions with some decent flow to it then it dissolves into a 7-8 second iso
  • Beta
    Options
    Look at this ?
  • dontdiedontkillanyon
    Options

it was pandemonium

Both coaches started stripping like the Bash Brothers in the Mighty Ducks 2

Just watch the match on BBC Sport - LMFAO! ? kicked off! Man's stripping and not leaving the mat. All sorts of madness.