Hey Christians. Is it easy to get saved?

Options
soul rattler
soul rattler Members Posts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
All I have to do is repent, maybe get baptized, and acknowledge Jesus and my lord and savior, right?

In 3 easy steps, I can be saved from eternal damnation?

Comments

• BiblicalAtheist
    BiblicalAtheist Members Posts: 15,668 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Of course they will not say it's that's easy*, but when they're preachin it's that easy!
  • Fosheezy
    Fosheezy Members Posts: 3,204 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yea it's relatively easy in one sense. Believe, repent and be baptized...but then the tricky part is sticking with it.
  • janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    Options
    All I have to do is repent, maybe get baptized, and acknowledge Jesus and my lord and savior, right?
    you might be considering the "has to be sincere" aspect of this

• soul rattler
    Options
    janklow wrote: »
    you might be considering the "has to be sincere" aspect of this

It's probably impossible to acknowledge something in an insincere manner.
  • alissowack
    alissowack Members Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭
    Options
    It would help to first acknowledge or admit that you have a problem. No need to accept Jesus as Lord and Savior if there isn't any reason to think there is anything wrong that would require him to be those things in your life.
  • BangEm_Bart
    BangEm_Bart Members Posts: 9,503 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Stop supporting FOX movies and ? will accept you into his kingdom.
  • janklow
    Options
    hahah nope

really, though, there's a reason why this theory is always phrased by someone saying "all i have to do is say i repent and i'm totally good?"
  • salamerican1
    salamerican1 Members Posts: 714 ✭✭
    Options
    If you have to ask then maybe it's not for you. Maybe try finding some other hobbies.
  • BiblicalAtheist
    Options
    hahah nope

really, though, there's a reason why this theory is always phrased by someone saying "all i have to do is say i repent and i'm totally good?"
    And I point out the theory in first post.
  • soul rattler
    Options
    hahah nope

Yes, you can give an insincere repentance, but you can't for example acknowledge air in an insincere manner. Either you acknowledge that it exists or you don't.
  • the dukester
    the dukester Members Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Repent, get saved, and get baptized......

Then "backslide" like you was Mike Jack, at the Motown 25 anniversary.

Then rinse, wash, & repeat the first sentence. B)
  • soul rattler
    Options
    Shouldn't salvation be more difficult to achieve than this?

And since it's so easy to get, why don't we just have it automatically? Why should we even have to do those small things?

They say the devil offers you what is easy to get, and yet the most prized thing of all can be achieved in just a few easy steps.
  • PILL_COSBY
    PILL_COSBY Members Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Repent, get saved, and get baptized......

Then "backslide" like you was Mike Jack, at the Motown 25 anniversary.

Then rinse, wash, & repeat the first sentence. B)
    LOL like I said before, out of all the janky ass archaic religions. Christianity has the G.O.A.Test loop holes. I mean you can do all the evil you want.Then just say sorry to a secret conman/? , put some ? water that has been prayed to on your ? head, attend church & and read a old multiple remade book of fairy tales/lies/half truths. Boom!! you're in the clear!!

So I'm guessing the devil can be forgiven as well with these easy steps........ ... ..

On another note,
    I'm never going to a muslim BBQ ever again. That ? is beyond W.O.A.T! BBQ chicken and weird ass and pork substitutes <<<<<<< hot dogs and ribs!!!!! How the ? you eat breakfast without ? bacon????????? BRUH!!!! like how you gone make a egg omelet without ? bacon or ham? How you never in yo life made or enjoyed a B.L.T sammich? How is it possible to turn down a juicy ass fried pork chop?
  • Cleveland7venty6
    Cleveland7venty6 Members Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Christians. smh.

If it was only that easy.

The thing about christianity, its the easiest religion. Other religions you gotta bow down and pray 5 times a day, obstain from pork, go to mecca, wear beanies on your head, paint a dot on your head, drink blood, whip yaself, ? animals, do the hokey pokie and turn yourself around.....

But to be a christian, they say all you gotta do is believe. ? . ? . and ? .

Silly ? , to gain that christ energy, you gotta do the work just like other religions, too! And if you are Black, you have one leg up on everyone else. (white folks dont like that word "melanin" for some reason)

Christianity is a hustle. Goverment ran. Any of you christians have an american flag in your church with a gold stripe on it? Dont even know what that means, huh? Of course you dont. That means that your church is under the saction of and by the U.S goverment. So just to speak a language that you will understand, i will hit you wit some bible verses in the words of christ himself.

Really ? ? Yes, really ? . That Jesus man is telling you that you should be like him. Do what he did. Live how he lived. But do yall do that? Nope. Why not? Because that ? pastor doesnt tell u to. Why doesnt he? because pastors need sheep; not a church full of christs. If Yall were christs, yall wouldnt need a pastor, WHO TEND TO SHEEP!

John 10:34. and John 10:35.

Really Jesus? (Then the ? hit me with....)

Psalms 82:6. (I rest my case)

Now that ? ONLY applies to Black people. To the white people, all that church ? is real, and i respect it. But for us, its deeper than rap.

We are literally Gods on earth. The embodiment of the cosmos in the physical earthy form. That sounds too hard to believe but only because we follow a doctrine that was written and made for white people. Of course they want to keep you at a lower level. Why not? We all equal right? Shout out to the NBA. I love those EQUAL numbers.

Jesus say: be as me. Be perfect as I am.

• BiblicalAtheist
    Options

And since it's so easy to get, why don't we just have it automatically? Why should we even have to do those small things?

They say the devil offers you what is easy to get, and yet the most prized thing of all can be achieved in just a few easy steps.

Salvation is not easy. You can accept jesus, and all that other ? , but if you don't practice being a good human being at every opportunity, practice awareness, practice forgiveness, kindness, humbleness, self sacrificing, always speak the truth(which doesn't mean just regurgitating scripture), giving-ness and a host of other "godly" behaviors, imo, you are not entering a "heaven".
  • zzombie
    zzombie Members Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    people in here don't know what they are talking about... to please ? you have to repent but the whole purpose of living the Christian life with it's repentance and everything else that goes with it is to build a PERSONAL relationship WITH ? . The blessing of grace is a vehicle to that relationship

You can repent of a sin all you want but if you don't have that relationship then when it's all a waste because you won't know ? and only those who have a relationship with ? go to his kingdom.
  • BiblicalAtheist
    Options
    Of course no one but you knows what they're talking about, all knowing zzombie to the rescue!
  • R0mp
    R0mp Members Posts: 4,250 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I was taught growing up in my denomination that you have to repent, ask ? to forgive all your sins, be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ and receive the Holy Ghost and ultimately be born again.
  • zzombie
    zzombie Members Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Of course no one but you knows what they're talking about, all knowing zzombie to the rescue!

i am not all knowing but I actually try to stand on my faith.
  • Fosheezy
    Fosheezy Members Posts: 3,204 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? 's counsel upholds the highest standard of living anyone can achieve in terms of being "righteous". (2 Timothy 3:16-17) And when a person enter Christ ( baptized) the Bible says that they are complete. (Collosians 2:9-10)

Some instruction only applies after the person became a Christian. So technically it's easier when you are not a Christian because you have less instruction there's only like 9 commands you mainly have to worry about. When you become Christian you take on more responsibility and more commands. But the Bible says these commands are not burdensome (1 John 5:3). If you think about it Christ did all the work, our part is relatively easy Unless you wicked...then yes, its troublesome for the wicked to keep the commands.

And another thing, it's possible a person can be "good" by bible standards even if they are outside Christ, but they still need saving from past sins. Without it, the bible says they'll perish.
  • soul rattler
    Options
    So @DoUwant2go2Heaven can show up to click the wack reaction but not to help a wayward soul find Christ?

Eternity is on the line but you out here clicking reactions. If I go to Hell, the ashes of my soul will be on your hands.
  • soul rattler
    Options

Salvation is not easy. You can accept jesus, and all that other ? , but if you don't practice being a good human being at every opportunity, practice awareness, practice forgiveness, kindness, humbleness, self sacrificing, always speak the truth(which doesn't mean just regurgitating scripture), giving-ness and a host of other "godly" behaviors, imo, you are not entering a "heaven".

You're referring to staying saved. I'm just talking about getting saved in the first place.
  • janklow
    Options
    hahah nope

And I point out the theory in first post.
    ...and I'm saying it doesn't work?

• janklow
    Options
    hahah nope

Yes, you can give an insincere repentance, but you can't for example acknowledge air in an insincere manner. Either you acknowledge that it exists or you don't.
    if you want to phrase it like that, then I'd say you're not acknowledging it.

• janklow
    Options
    yes... which is why the argument is that it's not actually as simple as yelling "i repent." if you don't mean it...