The Official 2016-2017 NFL Season Thread.

Options

Comments

• Beezus
    Beezus Members Posts: 15,296 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    KC representin!!

we was a game away from beatin the dog ? out of Denver to get to the Super Bowl.. i aint see us winnin it but ? .. the wayCam played we may've had a shot.

let us stay healthy and not center our O around JC and we go be somethin to watch this year..

? the Raiders by the way.

cdak6wl2l6fn.png
  • HustleThaDon
    HustleThaDon Members Posts: 28,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Broncos taking that division again

Nah ima go with the chiefs. QB is lacking for Denver
  • its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yea my bad that pass rush led by Justin Houston is going to be outstanding....oh wait
  • Beezus
    Options
    Yea my bad that pass rush led by Justin Houston is going to be outstanding....oh wait

luy99c5qaunc.png
  • its....JOHN B
    Options
    I'll say this Denver stayed pretty healthy last year I don't expect that to happen again with Talib, Ware and Miller, plus they lost Trevatheon and a couple other guys, Peyton was awful last year that defense was just that good, probably won't be that good again but who knows
  • 1CK1S
    1CK1S Members Posts: 27,471 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'll say this Denver stayed pretty healthy last year I don't expect that to happen again with Talib, Ware and Miller, plus they lost Trevatheon and a couple other guys, Peyton was awful last year that defense was just that good, probably won't be that good again but who knows

Broncos are not sniffing the playoffs. This season is 99 over again. Very good team, but garbage qb.
  • its....JOHN B
    Options
    1CK1S wrote: »

Broncos are not sniffing the playoffs. This season is 99 over again. Very good team, but garbage qb.

http://www.sportingcharts.com/nfl/stats/quarterback-rating-by-total-and-components/2015/

What changed?
  • CapitalB
    CapitalB Members Posts: 24,556 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    we had Denvers number last yr..
    Chiefs are tired of playin bridesmaid to the ? ass Broncos..

they've been dominating us for yrs i aint go even sit here and front.. and Peyton has been our achilles heel LONG BEFORE he put on they jersey, but last yr i saw a fire in them boys.. they didnt come into the game defeated like yrs past and if not for a Jamaal Charles fumble they first matchup we wouldve swept them last season..

we will do that this time around and wit our schedule bein so easy i can see us winnin 12 games.. maybe 13.. long as we start strong Denver isnt keepin up.. the West is ours..

RAIDER KILLA!

• its....JOHN B
    Options
    Only to get knocked out of the playoffs by the Pats again
  • bow to royalty
    bow to royalty Members Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Man, I don't feel bad for some of these athletes being stuck in contracts they don't like. The cap goes up every year, so people get more money every year. So if you sign a 5-6 year contract, by the end of it you'll be underpaid. If you're good, and want to get paid fairly for how you're playing, sign short contracts. Do what Revis did to NE. Short term deal with a crazy expensive final year, so they can't franchise tag you. If Antonio Brown/Julio Jones/OBJ etc were FA's every 2 years, they'd make bank on that bidding war. Then once you're on the backside of your prime/career do the long deal, and your talent drop will match the drop of your pay (comparitively).

They won't acknowledge that an upside top that long term deal is a safety net for them to kero getting paid well even if their production slips some (not enough to be cut, but enough that they aren't quite meeting salary expectations)
  • S.jR.
    S.jR. Members Posts: 4,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lamontbdc wrote: »
    S.jR. wrote: »
    About the only player I trust on this team.

05a684d1854fc4b2788187bd6f232765.jpg

Still repping my 49ers before games and drowning my sorrows afterwards.

With that said I would like to see a lot more of this in 2016-17...

fFlpkw4.gif

the schedule is crazy....we looking at 5 wins and DeShaun Watson I think our front 7 might be official tho with Armstead and Buckner

Really took a hit losing Ian Williams, against the NFC West's run games... Hopefully Dorsey can pick up the slack the way he did a couple seasons back. This is definitely looking like one of those years where hopefully these young players can determine who truly is alpha on the defense and WR's so they can take that experience into the following season.

If they can come into the season better prepared than other maybe they can sneak some wins early and upset a few later to not be a complete tragedy.
  • Beezus
    Options

g4q01tr8izw0.png
  • IgboNegro
    IgboNegro Members Posts: 818 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Chiefs are nice as ? , barring injury, I wouldn't be surprised if they make the AFC championship Game or farther
  • bow to royalty
    Options
    KingHustle wrote: »

So you got KC because of Alex Smith?
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    Options
    Skins should try to trade for Bosa, that ? dont wanna be there. Id give a 1st and a 3rd.
  • bow to royalty
    Options
    Stew wrote: »
    Skins should try to trade for Bosa, that ? dont wanna be there. Id give a 1st and a 3rd.

What kinda pipe dream ass trade is that? Haha
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

So basically they wouldnt get anything for this year with that trade?

? don't make any sense.
  • Beezus
    Options

vghjvc1hez8m.jpg
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    Options
    Shizlansky wrote: »

So basically they wouldnt get anything for this year with that trade?

? don't make any sense.

They might as well go ahead and chalk it up.
  • Young Gunner
    Young Gunner Members Posts: 7,505 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • HustleThaDon
    Options

Alex smith better than any qb on denvers roster
  • HustleThaDon
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Chargers ? up back to back 1st round picks smh
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Alex smith better than any qb on denvers roster

He was last year too.

Didn't stop Denver from winning the Chip.