The Official 2016-2017 NFL Season Thread.

Options

Comments

• vageneral08
    vageneral08 Members Posts: 19,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    As much @coop9889 and I are worried about Dak falling flat on his face once he has a real blitz coming at him or a real coverage scheme to dissect, we also have to be prepared for the opposite, what if he ? out of ? control while Romo is gone? Do we even insert Romo back in the starting lineup midseason? It's a very real possibility, as has been pointed out, we are literally handing him a Ferrari; all it needed was a driver.

He's got a top 5 WR, a hall of fame TE who is as sure handed as they come, a solid slot receiver who is also pretty sure handed, a dominant Oline, and three RBs running out of that Oline which still finished top 10 in rushing last year with ZERO help from the passing game hell Dmac rushed for nearly 1200 yards on like 15 attempts a game last year, that's ? crazy. I'm actually more worried about what happens if Dak succeeds hell we are literally only asking him to be a game manager, but you know how the Cowboys operate, we have to go with public opinion whether it's the best football move or not, and I live in the D bruh Dak is getting A LOT of love out here not just from no knowledge fans, from EVERYONE even Romo has said he believes we will actually win football games with him being gone this time, he didn't fix his lips to say that ? last year. Lol

If he's got y'all winning and he's balling out then hell no you don't stick Romo back in it shouldn't even be a controversy
  • dallas' 4 eva
    dallas' 4 eva Members Posts: 11,216 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    As much @coop9889 and I are worried about Dak falling flat on his face once he has a real blitz coming at him or a real coverage scheme to dissect, we also have to be prepared for the opposite, what if he ? out of ? control while Romo is gone? Do we even insert Romo back in the starting lineup midseason? It's a very real possibility, as has been pointed out, we are literally handing him a Ferrari; all it needed was a driver.

He's got a top 5 WR, a hall of fame TE who is as sure handed as they come, a solid slot receiver who is also pretty sure handed, a dominant Oline, and three RBs running out of that Oline which still finished top 10 in rushing last year with ZERO help from the passing game hell Dmac rushed for nearly 1200 yards on like 15 attempts a game last year, that's ? crazy. I'm actually more worried about what happens if Dak succeeds hell we are literally only asking him to be a game manager, but you know how the Cowboys operate, we have to go with public opinion whether it's the best football move or not, and I live in the D bruh Dak is getting A LOT of love out here not just from no knowledge fans, from EVERYONE even Romo has said he believes we will actually win football games with him being gone this time, he didn't fix his lips to say that ? last year. Lol

If he's got y'all winning and he's balling out then hell no you don't stick Romo back in it shouldn't even be a controversy

I understand yall did this with Brady-Bledsoe back in the day, but yall aren't the Cowboys. Even during yalls 'cheating' scandals yall never had the media circus my team has, trust me there would be a huge controversy if Dak has at say 4-2 with solid play by week 6 which is the earliest Romo will return it looks likem
  • bow to royalty
    bow to royalty Members Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2016
    Options

I understand yall did this with Brady-Bledsoe back in the day, but yall aren't the Cowboys. Even during yalls 'cheating' scandals yall never had the media circus my team has, trust me there would be a huge controversy if Dak has at say 4-2 with solid play by week 6 which is the earliest Romo will return it looks likem

Dunno why that'd lead to controversy unless his individual stats are through the roof. Not like y'all can't win games with Romo. Your offense, with Romo, hasn't been the problem
  • bow to royalty
    Options

Romo completed 70% of his passes, with 34 TD's and 9 INT'S the season before his collarbone was broken. Why would a rookie with 6 good games be a no brainer to take his spot?
  • FlyFreeCt
    FlyFreeCt Members Posts: 4,383 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    iron man1 wrote: »
    @FlyFreeCt @natural born sinners whoooooooooooooo

Kerry Wynn is great for depth. He actually played well when he had an opportunity.
  • TheBoyRo
    TheBoyRo Members Posts: 13,647 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Oh ? . Fox got a doubleheader today and nbc got a game tonight
  • FlyFreeCt
    FlyFreeCt Members Posts: 4,383 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Happy the way our D playing..but if the offense can't sustain drives they gon be gassed early n blow leads in the 4th again

True. They'll be better than they are currently as the season goes on I'm sure...Coach Mac can also help them out with some quick hitters too, we have great YAC guys. Gotta use them when the line struggles.
  • dallas' 4 eva
    Options

Romo completed 70% of his passes, with 34 TD's and 9 INT'S the season before his collarbone was broken. Why would a rookie with 6 good games be a no brainer to take his spot?

Chemistry, repitition, and rhythm mean a lot bro. If Dak is balling out and has a good rapport with the offense halfway through the season I don't know how wise it would be to just throw Romo back in for the offense to have to rebuild all of that again.
  • natural born sinners
    natural born sinners Members Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It might be a Peyton/Osweiler type situation...if dak somewhat ? they might continue to play him n the minute he start ? up they will put Romo in..if dak is doing good I can see them giving romo the full 10 weeks to heal...if dak struggles I can see Romo coming back closer to that 6 week mark. Regardless of all that Romo should really start thinking bout life after football..dude gon b in a wheelchair before 40
  • dallas' 4 eva
    Options
    I'll be honest a part of me really hopes Dak ? the ? out and takes Romo's job. Our franchise is being held hostage by Romo's health and as a person it's starting to actually bother me for real that Romo keeps having all these injuries and ? ; like love of the game of football aside as a man I don't want to see another grown man have to go through all that it's starting to become painful to watch it's like kicking a man while he is down.
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    Options
    :joy: at this ?
  • dallas' 4 eva
    Options
    Shut up @Stew before last season yo ass was never to be found in this thread. Yall have one good season and now you want to show your face in here.
  • Stew
    Options
    You're right cause this thread didn't exist.
  • bow to royalty
    Options

Chemistry, repitition, and rhythm mean a lot bro. If Dak is balling out and has a good rapport with the offense halfway through the season I don't know how wise it would be to just throw Romo back in for the offense to have to rebuild all of that again.

Romo has been throwing to Dez his whole career, and to Witten for the past 10 years. Chemistry, repitition, and timing may not take too long to get back.
  • dallas' 4 eva
    Options
    Stew wrote: »

Don't try to be a smart ass bruh, you know damn well you aint been in none of the NFL threads the past few seasons. I remember you saying how you avoided this thread during the regular season, you only came in here when you got @'d to the thread. Talking cash ? now like you was in here whenever yall was down and out looking like a ? joke. Good or bad I always been in here listening to all the ? talk about my team, where was you?
  • dallas' 4 eva
    Options

Romo has been throwing to Dez his whole career, and to Witten for the past 10 years. Chemistry, repitition, and timing may not take too long to get back.

The offense right now is designed for Romo under center, they would be insanely foolish to do like last year and not adjust the playbook for Dak. If they change the playbool and the offense gets used to it midseason it would be disastrous to begin running a whole new offense at that point.
  • bow to royalty
    Options
    It's crazy how fast dallas fans are ready to stop messing with Romo because of injury (not bad play). 3 preseason games from a rookie, and y'all are ready to not play him when he's healthy again. I better not see any of y'all getting mad about how cold and disloyal the teams/league are.
  • Stew
    Options
    Stew wrote: »

Don't try to be a smart ass bruh, you know damn well you aint been in none of the NFL threads the past few seasons. I remember you saying how you avoided this thread during the regular season, you only came in here when you got @'d to the thread. Talking cash ? now like you was in here whenever yall was down and out looking like a ? joke. Good or bad I always been in here listening to all the ? talk about my team, where was you?

Those threads havnt been deleted. U wanna bet? I always talk ? , 5-11, 11-5 it don't matter, this ? is in my blood bruh. Clockwork, every year. Obviously some more than others.
  • dallas' 4 eva
    Options
    It's crazy how fast dallas fans are ready to stop messing with Romo because of injury (not bad play). 3 preseason games from a rookie, and y'all are ready to not play him when he's healthy again. I better not see any of y'all getting mad about how cold and disloyal the teams/league are.

I'm tired of seeing the man get hurt, don't try to make it out like I'm saying ? Romo he's useless to us now. I'm literally seeing fans of other NFC East teams on facebook and on NFL forums who normally ? jokes about his injuries say enough is enough. It's getting sickening to watch bro.
  • southsil4lil
    southsil4lil Members Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Its a damn shame Romo might have to go out like this, I've always been a fan and thought he got a lot of unnecessary hate but yeah at some point you have to start thinking about quality of life and how things are going to be after football.

Im glad this at least happened early enough before the season though and we can somewhat plan accordingly and be a little more prepared.
  • its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Because Romo is getting old and breaking down he isn't no damn Brady/Rodgers where it doesn't matter the circumstance he's got the position on lock, two years ago at his age and after a broken collarbone and back is a lifetime ago who cares about his numbers then it's meaningless now, like I said if Dallas is winning and Prescott is a big reason for it why would you ? that momentum? You wait to see if he fizzles out then you stick Romo back in
  • HustleThaDon
    HustleThaDon Members Posts: 28,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nice lil test against the cardinals today
  • Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Looks like the Chargers could really use a Joey Bosa right now.