• fortyacres
    fortyacres Members, Moderators Posts: 4,479 Regulator
    Options
    yeah im watchin this
  • Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2016
    Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gwqSi_ToNPs&ebc=ANyPxKpm2NN0Mc5otuhPjHkpFehu1opGl0bEJlLAUIQpDZpOjs8lO3OwzKTcXUVHO1WnZdf288BnEB16n62hfDATzItBI_BcqQ

When multiple mysterious spacecraft touch down across the globe, an elite team is put together to investigate, including language expert Louise Banks (Amy Adams), mathematician Ian Donnelly (Jeremy Renner), and US Army Colonel Weber (Forest Whitaker). Humankind teeters on the verge of global war as everyone scrambles for answers – and to find them, Banks, Donnelly and Weber will take a chance that could threaten their lives, and quite possibly humanity.
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Won't judge it until i see it, but i wish some of these mfs don't fall into aliens here to blow us up trap. You would think these mfs would think a little bigger than that like "there are many alien species fighting a universal war", "aliens are about to open up human consciousness'',etc. Just your typical cookie cutter Independence Day, War of the Worlds,etc ? .

Even though Prometheus was lackluster in certain areas. I still love that movie. The fact that they approached the movie in a different way was dope. I loved how they showed the possibility that other beings created us and the need to know where we truly came from.

Even Interstellar was dope as ? too. I love movies where the possibilities are endless.
  • lazypakman
    lazypakman Members Posts: 4,913 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I need to process this after just coming back from seeing it, but this is great science fiction (reminiscent of the movie 'contact') and one of the best films of the year imo.

Can't even lie the end of the movie almost made me welt up a little bit.

Dennis Villaneuve is proving to be one of the premier filmakers of this generation, really amped to see what he does with the Blade Runner sequel after this.
  • Max.
    Options
    lazypakman wrote: »
    I need to process this after just coming back from seeing it, but this is great science fiction (reminiscent of the movie 'contact') and one of the best films of the year imo.

Can't even lie the end of the movie almost made me welt up a little bit.

Dennis Villaneuve is proving to be one of the premier filmakers of this generation, really amped to see what he does with the Blade Runner sequel after this.

Spoil it for me plz
  • Max.
    Options
  • KingFreeman
    KingFreeman Members Posts: 13,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kodi been pump faking with this ? for like a month. Im ready. I only pay for superhero joints or James Cameron movies tho.
  • iron man1
    iron man1 Members Posts: 29,989 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Definitely will be in there
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    Recaptimus_Prime360 Members Posts: 64,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Seen it. I liked it.
  • Max.
    Options
    Damn amy adams is a ? actor
  • Karl.
    Karl. Members Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kodi been pump faking with this ? for like a month. Im ready. I only pay for superhero joints or James Cameron movies tho.

You pay for that Marvel trash but won't pay for a real film?
  • Karl.
    Karl. Members Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Saw it today. Thought it was great.
  • fortyacres
    Options
    Movie of the year ,very relevant especially for the current political climate the we live in.
  • PILL_COSBY
    PILL_COSBY Members Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Hold up!!! aint this a remake? I swear I seen two adaptations of this movie already and they were the ? . One from like the 60's or 70's and the other from like the late 90's or early 2,000's. The only thing different is the shape has changed of the object. The old movie it was like a cube with no openings. The other one it was like a sphere with no openings. They appeared all over the world and everybody didn't know what to think and were hiding whatever they learned from each other about them. The americans were the first to actually make contact though. One was through sound waves, and the other was like a language patern and through psychic links.

I can't think of the name of the movies though. ? 's driving me crazy. I can't even find nothing on google about anything related to this movie.
  • fortyacres
    Options
    PILL_COSBY wrote: »
    Hold up!!! aint this a remake? I swear I seen two adaptations of this movie already and they were the ? . One from like the 60's or 70's and the other from like the late 90's or early 2,000's. The only thing different is the shape has changed of the object. The old movie it was like a cube with no openings. The other one it was like a sphere with no openings. They appeared all over the world and everybody didn't know what to think and were hiding whatever they learned from each other about them. The americans were the first to actually make contact though. One was through sound waves, and the other was like a language patern and through psychic links.

I can't think of the name of the movies though. ? 's driving me crazy. I can't even find nothing on google about anything related to this movie.

its a bit of a mix of Contact and interstellar

• PILL_COSBY
    PILL_COSBY Members Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    fortyacres wrote: »

Nope, it's like a remix of like 3 movies. I just remembered one of the movies but it's not the two I was talking about. This is the main one it jacked though, smh. LOL hollywood aint ? !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The movies I was talking about just jacked this movie as well and appeared on the syfy channel. They was low budget movies so they don't really count.
  • lazypakman
    lazypakman Members Posts: 4,913 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    fortyacres wrote: »

Nope, it's like a remix of like 3 movies. I just remembered one of the movies but it's not the two I was talking about. This is the main one it jacked though, smh. LOL hollywood aint ? !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The movies I was talking about just jacked this movie as well and appeared on the syfy channel. They was low budget movies so they don't really count.

You do realise this movie is adapted from a short novel?
  • illestni99ainne
    illestni99ainne Members Posts: 5,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Maybe I just wasn't in the right mind frame for this movie and need to watch it again because I was bored to tears in the theater today
  • TheGOAT
    TheGOAT Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 15,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Just watched

I liked it alot. But to compare it to similar film i feel like Interstellar was alot better and i this can get a Oscar nod for best film Interstellar got snubbed.

And was that really Renners pickup line at the end of the movie? "Wanna make a baby?" :/

Real good film tho... i was def sleepin on this
  • S.jR.
    S.jR. Members Posts: 4,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I liked that it wasn't a typical sci-fi flick... but it was just good not great.
  • dontdiedontkillanyon
    dontdiedontkillanyon Members Posts: 10,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Just got round to watching this, but yeah, great film.