ESPN's "The Undefeated" to host a town hall in Chicago tonight on ESPN about national violence...

Options
stringer bell
stringer bell Members Posts: 26,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited August 2016 in For The Grown & Sexy
http://espnmediazone.com/us/press-releases/2016/08/nbas-jabari-parker-wnbas-cappie-pondexter-usa-track-fields-kristi-catlin-join-undefeated-conversation-athletes-responsibility-violence-thursday-es/
A trio of high-profile athletes – Chicago native and Milwaukee Bucks player Jabari Parker, Chicago Sky guard Cappie Pondexter and USA Track and Field star Kristi Castlin, a bronze medalist at the Rio Olympics in the 100m hurdles — will participate in ESPN’s 90-minute An Undefeated Conversation: Athletes, Responsibility, and Violence – a discourse on athletes, guns, violence and law enforcement – on Thursday, Aug. 25 at 9:30 p.m. Hosted by Jemele Hill, the discussion will be taped earlier that day during a town hall at the South Side YMCA of Metro Chicago (2 – 4 p.m. CT). ESPN Radio will also carry the program from 9:30 – 11 p.m.

Parker, Pondexter and Catlin join distinguished roster of participants that will include current and retired athletes, executives, coaches, sports commentators, community activists, a minister, a historian, and more. Altogether, there will be four featured panels at the forum. The panelists:
  • Andy Borman – Coach and mentor with New Renaissance Basketball Association, a New York City organization that helps young athletes develop skills on-and-off the court
  • Stephanie Brown – A Chicago mother who lost her son to gun violence
  • Castlin – USA Track and Field athlete and 100m hurdles bronze medalist at the Rio Olympics
  • Doug Glanville – Former Major League Baseball player and current ESPN analyst. Glanville wrote about a personal experience being profiled in his own driveway (The Atlantic, April 2014) and how he used the encounter as an opportunity for dialogue with law enforcement
  • Andre Hamlin – Former gang member and current head of security for New York Knicks guard Derrick Rose
  • Lonnae O’Neal – Chicago native and award-winning senior writer at The Undefeated
  • Parker – NBA player who penned a first-person account (The Players’ Tribune, August 15) about growing up in Chicago and his commitment to making a difference in the community
  • Pondexter – WNBA Chicago Sky guard
  • Rajon Rondo – Chicago Bulls guard
  • Isiah Thomas – Chicago native and Basketball Hall-of-Famer
  • Elizabeth Todd-Breland – University of Illinois at Chicago history professor
  • Pastor Jolinda Wade – Chicago-based Baptist pastor and mother of NBA star Dwyane Wade
  • Michael Wilbon – Chicago native and ESPN commentator/co-host of Pardon The Interruption
  • Marcellus Wiley – Retired NFL player and co-host of ESPN’s SportsNation, who is active in gun violence prevention efforts
  • Kenny Williams – Chicago White Sox executive vice president
  • Clinton Yates – Senior writer at The Undefeated

An Undefeated Conversation: Athletes, Responsibility, and Violence is the first in a recurring series of conversations, forums and debates that will be convened by ESPN’s The Undefeated to address topical issues at the confluence of sports and race. The four panels will discuss the following topics: “Racial Profiling, Athletes & Police”; “Sports & Activism”; “Guns & Violence”; and end with “A Call to Action.”

Three-time NBA champion Dwyane Wade, who joined his hometown Chicago Bulls this offseason, will pre-tape an interview with Hill for the town hall. Wade and fellow NBA stars – LeBron James, Carmelo Anthony and Chris Paul – delivered a stirring call to action to fellow professional athletes at the 2016 ESPYS Awards to commit to social action in their communities.

I have a feeling this may end up being really weak like that ABC town hall w/ President Barry...

Comments

• The_Jackal
    The_Jackal Members Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    There is just something about Jemele Hill that makes her so ? sexy.
  • vagrant-718
    vagrant-718 Members Posts: 4,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The_Jackal wrote: »

She got nice eyes but that's about it
  • Ghost313
    Ghost313 Members Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

DSL, eyes, some knowledge of sports.
  • stringer bell
    Options
    There some ? cop on right now.. Speaking some propaganda and not getting checked...
  • stringer bell
    Options
    Smh.. The what about black on black crime segment...
  • Ghost313
    Options

Its espn, you knew it was coming.
  • deadeye
    deadeye Members Posts: 22,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2016
    Options

When she shows her thighs on Sports Reporters.................

lezcd2ttl94u.gif
  • stringer bell
    edited August 2016
    Options
    deadeye wrote: »

When she shows her thighs on Sports Reporters.................

lezcd2ttl94u.gif

She's not looking to good tonight especially on some of the up close shots of her face...
  • deadeye
    Options
    Did Rose's bodyguard just change his story midway through?

I heard dude say he grew up in a 2 parent household........and then he made it seem like he grew up without his father.

Seemed like he was just talking to be talking.........making ? up as he goes along to try and say something positive and inspirational.
  • twizza 77
    twizza 77 Members Posts: 4,201 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Pretty much it was black on black crime fest. With some systematic oppression sprinkled in from Mike Pfleager, and Lady that teaches at UIC.

Ken Williams VP of the White Sox straight avoided the question should white athletes get involved or speak out to society issues pertaining to black people.
  • nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

?
  • Co_Town_Michael
    Co_Town_Michael Members Posts: 5,551 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I don't know what Jemele Hill you could be referring to bruh.

Same Jemele Hill that Michael Smith passed on smashing to play Madden?

Nah.. can't be.
  • Already Home_17
    Already Home_17 Members Posts: 14,572 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

whats wrong with having this discussion?
  • I Self Lord & Master
    I Self Lord & Master Members Posts: 2,998 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

from these outlets it ain't coming from a position of concern for your fellow american but from a perspective of patronization & provocation, among other things

when it comes to them, on these same outlets, they are afforded the humanity of their issues to have a traceable pathology to come to terms wit n worked on

we arent provided that humanity when tge magnifying glass turns to us. its used as a justification of marginalization & ostracization...when that has been a constant in this nation since its inception, all while the concept of "black on black" crime is only a few decades old.

not to add to the fact that beyond entertainment and crime (which ? dont seem to get is ,as well as other things, entertainment to them as well) youre beneath the dignity of having your existence acknowledged on their mediums.

anyone who expects geniunine discourse to be sponsored by pepsi and buffalo wild wings through espn is a ? anyway ..tv isva ? up window to thevworld, yet its our primary source of education
  • Already Home_17
    Options

from these outlets it ain't coming from a position of concern for your fellow american but from a perspective of patronization & provocation, among other things

when it comes to them, on these same outlets, they are afforded the humanity of their issues to have a traceable pathology to come to terms wit n worked on

we arent provided that humanity when tge magnifying glass turns to us. its used as a justification of marginalization & ostracization...when that has been a constant in this nation since its inception, all while the concept of "black on black" crime is only a few decades old.

not to add to the fact that beyond entertainment and crime (which ? dont seem to get is ,as well as other things, entertainment to them as well) youre beneath the dignity of having your existence acknowledged on their mediums.

anyone who expects geniunine discourse to be sponsored by pepsi and buffalo wild wings through espn is a ? anyway ..tv isva ? up window to thevworld, yet its our primary source of education

did you watch the special?
  • I Self Lord & Master
    Options
    i aint disrespecting myself watching that

u mention ? killin ? , now u got millions of eyes...which brings in money.

yall pain gettin pimped n u dont know it...but stay thinkin disney (or whoever owns espn) drillin that image in you're head cause they concerned
  • Already Home_17
    Options

yall pain gettin pimped n u dont know it...but stay thinkin disney (or whoever owns espn) drillin that image in you're head cause they concerned

so....you didnt watch the special?
    figured

the discussion last night (as well as the first take discussion this morning) addressed police brutality against black people
    it addressed gun violence in black communities
    it addressed the root of these issues (systematic racism, the disinvestment in black communities, the lack of resources, the belittlement of black life in this country, etc.)
    and it addressed possible solutions to the problem

in a country that would like us to believe we dont care on black on black crime, the platform showed what we already know and what america needs to know. we're the ONLY ones that care about crime in our communities. and we're the only ones doing something about it

black person after black person shared advice and provide methods to bettering our communities. mentoring and educating our youth, providing opportunities, counseling the victims, and discussing more solutions. athletes challenging professional sports franchises to invest in public schools in their city. police officers criticizing the justice system for letting criminals back in the streets to wreak havoc. urging society to have the same respect for black life as they would white life

they're out here doing work unlike 90% of you fake ass militant keyboard warriors. yall dont do ? but talk
  • Ghost313
    Options

Nah.. can't be.

Yoooo, elaborate lol
  • deadeye
    Options

Nah.. can't be.

@Co_Town_Michael

What's the backstory on this?
  • I Self Lord & Master
    edited August 2016
    Options

so....you didnt watch the special?
    figured

the discussion last night (as well as the first take discussion this morning) addressed police brutality against black people
    it addressed gun violence in black communities
    it addressed the root of these issues (systematic racism, the disinvestment in black communities, the lack of resources, the belittlement of black life in this country, etc.)
    and it addressed possible solutions to the problem

in a country that would like us to believe we dont care on black on black crime, the platform showed what we already know and what america needs to know. we're the ONLY ones that care about crime in our communities. and we're the only ones doing something about it

black person after black person shared advice and provide methods to bettering our communities. mentoring and educating our youth, providing opportunities, counseling the victims, and discussing more solutions. athletes challenging professional sports franchises to invest in public schools in their city. police officers criticizing the justice system for letting criminals back in the streets to wreak havoc. urging society to have the same respect for black life as they would white life

they're out here doing work unlike 90% of you fake ass militant keyboard warriors. yall dont do ? but talk

were moving in different directions...but what i said stands. i was critical of the platform/ network . these people (platform/network )has and exercises the means to make you think an entire region of the world is evil and unlivable, as they do to us and others, of course . they also have the means of doin otherwise ....the subject of this discussion (townhall meeting sponsored by said platform /network)aint doin otherwise...aint even attempting to

We on different wavelengths right now
  • Co_Town_Michael
    Co_Town_Michael Members Posts: 5,551 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2016
    Options

Nah.. can't be.

@Co_Town_Michael

@Ghost313 @deadeye

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7qYVW3VhX-s
  • THIRDSUPREME
    THIRDSUPREME Members Posts: 7,519 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Would you eat that ass though?

That is the question?
  • rapmusic
    rapmusic Members Posts: 4,130 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Nah.. can't be.

@Co_Town_Michael

@Ghost313 @deadeye

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7qYVW3VhX-s
    I believe her 100% Dude seems super corny lol