Black Millionaires

Options
BigBallsNoWorries
BigBallsNoWorries Members Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭✭✭
Now, we get a lot of exposure of every other race's money every time via social media or any other outlet

Arabs=Saudi prince oil money
Whites=Entrepreneur/Old money, inheritance
Indians=Doctors in the family

But, what about us

Besides, entertainers, I mean

We have more money today than ever

Reason for this post, is because I recently finished this book called "The Wealth Choice: Success Secrets of Black Millionaires" by Dennis Kimbro

wealth-choice.jpg

Very interesting read and very informative

Based off that book, which was released in 2014 or so

There are about 35,000 black millionaires

Now, that may be abysmal considering the black population is 40-45 million

The author also met the business partner and manager of Napeolon Hill, who famously released the classic Think and Grow Rich

Dennis Kimbro also studied wealthy black people and studied their habits and noted what they did and did not do, when it came to amassing wealth

And the stats he found were startling and almost absurd

-Approximately, 35 percent of African Americans had no wealth or were in debt in 2009

-24% of African Americans spend more than their income compared with only 14% of all americans; 32 percent of Blacks don't save at all.

Blacks are six times more likely than Whites to purchase a Mercedes-Benz automobile

The average income of an African American who buys a Jaguar is nearly one-third less than that of a White purchaseer of the same luxury vehicle

and the most interesting piece of info in the book was this

How the millionaires that made their money? 90 percent entrepreneurship; 30% real estate

Thoughts

@Sion
@2stepz_ahead

Comments

• b'mer...
    b'mer... Members Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sadly, this info that is absolutely necessary will be discarded and deemed unnecessary by those whom would rather watch love & hip-hop...
  • ghostdog56
    ghostdog56 Members Posts: 2,947 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It seems like us black folk love spending money on expensive cars
  • Stiff
    Stiff Members Posts: 7,723 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    *Bout to get my real estate license post*

Dope drop..ima have to check this out
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I like it and it all makes sense to me.
  • 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i havent read the book yet but ill get it.....

i have alot of experience on the way up i could share.

i still have my old ass cars. i refuse to buy a new or another one.

but money coming too quick can blind you very fast
  • Koltrain
    Koltrain Members Posts: 4,286 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    How the millionaires that made their money? 90 percent entrepreneurship; 30% real estate

Very interesting, I gotta check this out. Them percentages seem off tho... is it 90% and 10%?? I wonder what percentage of those millionaires made millions as an employee.. probably close to 0
  • MarcusGarvey
    MarcusGarvey Members Posts: 4,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Koltrain wrote: »

Very interesting, I gotta check this out. Them percentages seem off tho... is it 90% and 10%?? I wonder what percentage of those millionaires made millions as an employee.. probably close to 0

Makes sense, hard to make a million as an employee, you'd have to own a bunch of stocks and or real estate too
  • MarcusGarvey
    MarcusGarvey Members Posts: 4,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i havent read the book yet but ill get it.....

i have alot of experience on the way up i could share.

i still have my old ass cars. i refuse to buy a new or another one.

but money coming too quick can blind you very fast

@2stepz_ahead

Share some knowledge
  • T. Sanford
    T. Sanford Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 25,291 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ghostdog56 wrote: »

Exclusive cars are overrated. Never understood why some will sweat & starve to keep up with the newest car car payment
  • Olorun22
    Olorun22 Members Posts: 5,696 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    T. Sanford wrote: »

Exclusive cars are overrated. Never understood why some will sweat & starve to keep up with the newest car car payment

You should lease them
  • MD_PROPER
    MD_PROPER Members Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • A Talented One
    A Talented One Members Posts: 4,202 ✭✭✭
    Options
    A lot of people, black and non-black, people look down on poor blacks. In addition, a lot of black women won't give a black man the time of day if he doesn't look like he has money.

Hence you have a lot of black people spending money on conspicuous consumption goods that they either can't afford, or can't easily afford, in order to present themselves as having a certain class status.

That is why you have statistics like this:
    Blacks are six times more likely than Whites to purchase a Mercedes-Benz automobile

The average income of an African American who buys a Jaguar is nearly one-third less than that of a White purchaseer of the same luxury vehicle
  • detcatinva
    detcatinva Members Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Read the book. Very good. Three millionaires I've spent time with are in the book. Steve and Porsha Carter. Lisa Nicole Cloud
  • detcatinva
    detcatinva Members Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hanging around millionaires changes your entire outlook.

Just through association I felt i could become one also
  • caddo man
    caddo man Members Posts: 22,476 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Arabs=Saudi prince oil money
    Indians=Doctors in the family

Like it aint billions of them poor mfers over there. % wise I know for a fact we doing better than Indians. Some how I know you all will jump around the Arab/middle eastern thing.
  • smp4life
    smp4life Members Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I would never buy a mercedes. That's what ? used to roll around in.
  • Olorun22
    Options
    smp4life wrote: »

Are you jewish?
  • smp4life
    Options
    En-Fuego22 wrote: »

Are you jewish?

No. I just don't like that ? ? . Like I would never buy Hugo Boss either.
  • Olorun22
    edited August 2016
    Options

Are you jewish?

You should never buy a European or a American car then. With slavery happening and all
  • smp4life
    Options

Are you jewish?

You should never buy a European or a American car then. With slavery happening in all

There were no cars in slavery times tho.
  • Koltrain
    Koltrain Members Posts: 4,286 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It comes down to black people having low self-esteem collectively. ..to not feel like we are worth being wealthy and not worth holding onto that wealth and passing it down to our seeds.. this is constantly reinforced through media and societal pressure. One of the many rotten fruits grown from white supremacy. Personally, I see nothing wrong with having a nice whip, as long as you have priorities in order and can still build wealth.
  • luke1733
    luke1733 Members Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Koltrain wrote: »

One thing to add to what ur saying. I know a few black millionaires and they were all employees first. Many people think entrepreneurship is what sets people to making money when actually it usually is working a job and using the money you get from working a job to invest in your own private business or private businesses that eventually begin turning a profit that allows them to invest in other ventures of capital until it amounts to millions. I know about 4 black millionaires and this is how each one did it.
    Eventually, of course, they leave their job of working for someone else.
  • Vellum
    Vellum Members Posts: 471 ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Did you hear shaqs video of when he first got his money. Bought a mercedes i believe for 150,000, came back home, father asked where is his, went back and got one the same day for his father, both came back with new cars, and then his mother didnt want what they got, but still wanted hers. Went and got her one.

Spent 500,000 dollars on cars in one day. LOL. Overall its okay to get you a couple nice cars. I feel black millionaires usually lose more on bad investments, buying bad property, shady accountants, and trying to support too many people, than buying too many ferraris.

How Shaq spent $1 Million in one day
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wMpZgt6agpU