Spinoff: Assic or Not.....Lupe Fiasco Lasers

Options
5th Letter
5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
edited August 2016 in The Reason

Spinoff: Assic or Not.....Lupe Fiasco Lasers 38 votes

Assic
47%
sapp08_20015th Letterinfamous114achewon87sr_the_freshmanTHE_R_Bcotton5texasdaking88NothingButTheTruthLike WaterJokerzWyldKamPushMe_Goldie_StillFaggyAFCashmoneyDuxKneeGro_DuperManTheGOATRevolver Ocelot 18 votes
Not Assic
52%
supergangster[Deleted User]Alpha_Ambition murdapnawledge_god  Colin$mackabi$hrip.dillaDarthRozayCJCeLLaR-DooRStoneColdMikeyBuilt 4 cuban linxLogical TruthsOlorun22Valentinez A. KaiseroatmealdudeBrideofKillaListencloserKnowReasonForPeacePreach2Teach 20 votes

Comments

• DarthRozay
    DarthRozay Members Posts: 20,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Not Assic
    Probably his weakest album, but it's still decent. Lyrically Lupe has never fallen off. He wasn't very inspired with what Atlantic was making him do and you can hear that throughout the album with some of his half assed deliveries/flows. Has some good songs too (Show Goes On, Words I Never Said, State Run Radio, Outta My Head, All Black Everything and I'm Beaming even though it's just a bonus track)

real ? I've actually listened to Lasers as an overall album more than I have FnL2 as a whole album.
  • DarthRozay
    DarthRozay Members Posts: 20,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Not Assic
    Lasers is Lupe's 808's & Heartbreaks.....minus the artistic flair
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Assic
    I anticipated this ? FOR YEARS and I liked like three songs

I went from lupestan to lupe hater man ? this ?
  • Like Water
    Like Water Members Posts: 5,265 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Assic
    AggyAF wrote: »

I hate this ? album. I made my own version that had the ? that was supposed to be on there. I'm Beamin, Go To Sleep, Shining Down, Army Girl, What You Want, the track with him and Alicia Keys, a couple other tracks...

I just pretended that was the album. Tbh, F&L2 wasn't my favorite either. It was just okay.

It took him until T&Y to recover, imho.
  • R2_163
    R2_163 Members Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    T&y the cool and f&l are what Makes me a lupe fan. if those 3 albums his mixtapes and eps were the only music he's had i would be a bonafide stan

this album was awful/
  • soul rattler
    soul rattler Members Posts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    All black everything >>>>>[
  • Valentinez A. Kaiser
    Valentinez A. Kaiser Members Posts: 9,028 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Not Assic
    The album is the weakest in his catalogue but still ? on a lot of other rappers best work.

Lupe the GOAT!
  • supergangster
    supergangster Members Posts: 8,872 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Not Assic
    This album kinda like Nastradamus. People thought Nas was gonna drop another Illmatic.

Still a good album.
  • rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Not Assic
    Another of those times when creative control of your music gets conflicted with the record company you signed too...

Lyrically he was efficient on the album, just the production sucked. So if this album was remixed with soulful beats and you added a couple songs he released at the time then you got a decent album ...

His weakest by far but like someone here said it's kinda like NaStradamus... wasn't wack lyrically but near forgettable amongst his catalogue

Also this example goes to show the importance of good production on a HipHop album. Some people downplay it but it's vital at the end of the day
  • its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  •   Colin$mackabi$h
    Colin$mackabi$h Members Posts: 16,586 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Not Assic
    DarthRozay wrote: »
    Lasers is Lupe's 808's & Heartbreaks.....minus the artistic flair
    The album is the weakest in his catalogue but still ? on a lot of other rappers best work.

Lupe the GOAT!

• JokerzWyld
    JokerzWyld Members Posts: 5,483 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Assic
    To be honest, I don't know how to grade this album. I expected better music, but I also can't fault Lupe because Atlantic forced him to make this garbage. The only thing I can say is that the original concept album that Lupe had in mind could have offered something more to the fans and his catalog.
  • KneeGro_DuperMan
    KneeGro_DuperMan Members Posts: 3,313 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Assic
    Tiebreaker.....Lupe Fan.........Assic.
  • murdap
    murdap Members Posts: 1,236 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Not Assic
    Lupe aint got no fans outside of the internet and Chicago. Im liable to see big foot before i stumble across a Lupe fan in the streets
  • Preach2Teach
    Preach2Teach Members Posts: 3,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Not Assic
    murdap wrote: »
    Lupe aint got no fans outside of the internet and Chicago. Im liable to see big foot before i stumble across a Lupe fan in the streets

No fans outside of the internet? so his fans only live online and do not exist in reality?
  • murdap
    Options
    Not Assic

No fans outside of the internet? so his fans only live online and do not exist in reality?

Lupe the lamest rapper ever with dreads.
  • murdap
    Options
    Not Assic

Lupe the lamest rapper ever with dreads. The way he rap he should be wearing a Young Joc Perm with pork chop side burns
  • THE_R_
    THE_R_ Members Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Assic
    ASSIC. I WOULD LIKE A REFUND.
  • CeLLaR-DooR
    CeLLaR-DooR Members Posts: 18,880 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Not Assic
    I voted wrong
  • Olorun22
    Olorun22 Members Posts: 5,696 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Not Assic
    Like Water wrote: »
    AggyAF wrote: »

I hate this ? album. I made my own version that had the ? that was supposed to be on there. I'm Beamin, Go To Sleep, Shining Down, Army Girl, What You Want, the track with him and Alicia Keys, a couple other tracks...

I just pretended that was the album. Tbh, F&L2 wasn't my favorite either. It was just okay.

It took him until T&Y to recover, imho.

add Stereo sun to that list.. I like f&l2 it didn't have no weak song imo it just not on the level of t&y, F&l and The cool.
    The only reason its not ass is best of the lyricist but yea the production sucked
  • Logical Truths
    Logical Truths Members Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Not Assic
    Liked the 2nd half of the album. Some gems I'll always wanna listen to. Nowhere near The Cool.