Trump After Dwyane Wade's Cousin Is Shot: 'African Americans Will Vote Trump'...

Options
stringer bell
stringer bell Members Posts: 26,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited August 2016 in For The Grown & Sexy
http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/trump-after-dwayne-wades-cousin-is-shot-african-americans-will-vote-trump
NBA star Dwyane Wade's cousin Nykea Aldridge was fatally shot Friday pushing a child in a stroller in a Chicago.

Less than 24 hours later, Donald Trump said her death was evidence that African-Americans will vote for him in November.

The tweet Saturday morning is just the latest tone deaf comment by Trump as he attempts to reach out the African American community.

Trump has struggled to galvanize even a small share of the African-American voters, but this week has tried to make an appeal by falling many times on offensive stereotypes of African-American neighborhoods. Many times addressing mostly white audiences, Trump has called African-American neighborhoods "war zones" and asked them “what do you have to lose?"

“You’re living in your poverty, your schools are no good, you have no jobs, 58 percent of your youth is unemployed — what the hell do you have to lose?” Trump said at a rally in Virginia, according to the New York Times.

jzfowr7hn2qu.jpeg

Update:

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/trump-offers-condolences-to-dwyane-wade-s-family-hours-after-boastful-tweet
Trump Offers Prayers To NBA Star's Family Hours After Boastful Tweet

Hours afterTrump used the fatal shooting of Dwayne Wade's cousin to declare he'd win African American voters, Trump offered up his prayers.

Just hours after NBA star Wade publicly confirmed his cousin had been tragically killed in crossfire while walking her baby in a stroller through a Chicago neighborhood, Trump tweeted Saturday that the death was "just what I have been saying. African-Americans will VOTE TRUMP!"

Immediately, Trump was met with backlash as many questioned whether Trump's week of African-American outreach had fully come off the rails.

In the afternoon, Trump offered his condolences.

Comments

• Vellum
    Vellum Members Posts: 471 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm convinced Trump is a Manchurian candidate, planted to throw the election for Crooked Hillary.

This dude can't be this dumb.

Anybody black person who votes for these two needs to have their head examined.

Right. I mean, Trump is conveniently terrible. I told my girlfriend months ago, trump could literally go silent until the election, apologize for saying certain things, just hit all the republican baseline basics, with sympathy for minority voter issues, and he would win.

Son cant stop running his campaign into the dirt. LOL. Not that i care.
  • iron man1
    iron man1 Members Posts: 29,989 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He really just said black people and our homes ain't ? man unbelievable.
  • ineedpussy
    ineedpussy Members Posts: 7,252 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    aint he right though? blacks aint got ? from the dems so might as well see what them pubs is talkin about
  • Vellum
    Options
    ineedpussy wrote: »
    aint he right though? blacks aint got ? from the dems so might as well see what them pubs is talkin about

He worded it so callously though, even if the context is poor inner cities, and poor predominately black urban areas. He still worded it in a generalizing kind of way.

The republicans arent on your side per se, unless youre talking about job growth maybe. Even though, republicans are the most anti scientific/technology party in America due to their religious obsessions, and general stupidity. So growth in technology and science under republicans can be potentially catastrophic. Since unskilled labor jobs are already lost to foreign countries, we cant afford to not be the front runners in science and technological innovations.

Republicans are vary anti "handouts" too, and big on lacing up your boot straps and getting er done. Although welfare is out of hand in this country, this idea that we dont need it at times as citizens of this country is stupid.

When it comes to dealing with the war on drugs. Yeah, theyd keep everyone getting locked up for joints up into the 22nd century. By the time republicans would decriminalize weed, wont no one want to even smoke that ? anymore. lol. When it comes to police reform, and prison reform. GOOD LUCK.

Trust that currently a Republican isnt anywhere close to offering you what you want. Dems are trash too. There is a reason that these common sense topics are so hard for dems and republicans to tackle. Theyre all colluding IMO. Dems, Pubs, Corporations, ect.., all colluding. With some genuinely anti the other party members who constantly push for common sense legislation, but are the minority vote always.
  • KingFreeman
    KingFreeman Members Posts: 13,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • stringer bell
    stringer bell Members Posts: 26,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WsasV2-36AU

http://www.mediaite.com/online/white-crowd-in-iowa-goes-nuts-when-trump-says-hes-great-for-black-voters/
    White Crowd in Iowa Goes Nuts When Trump Says He’s Great For Black Voters

For over a week now, Donald Trump has been making appeals to black voters. “What do you have to lose?” has been his big line as he campaigns in overwhelmingly white neighborhoods, cities, and states even as he is hammered for it over and over again. Today, he did an appearance in Iowa, where the black population sits at about 3.4%.

It’s been demonstrated that people of color are just not feeling these appeals, but white people seem to be. At least, the white people in Iowa are. Here is a panoramic shot of the rally, which is taking place at an event on the State Fairgrounds

Now, here is the video of those same people reacting to Trump’s appeal to voters of color:

Listen for them cheering loudly when he says, “Vote for Donald Trump! I will fix it! African Americans, Hispanics — vote for Donald Trump! I will fix it! It will get fixed!”

He also reiterated his thoughts from this morning as he talked about NBA star Dwyane Wade, whose cousin became a victim of gun violence last night.

There has yet been no word from Wade on Trump’s repeated references to his slain family member.
  • Allah_U_Akbar
    Allah_U_Akbar Members Posts: 11,150 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    "African Americans will vote Trump".

And in related news, The Philadelphia 76ers and The Minnesota Timberwolves will be in the NBA Finals.
  • Vellum
    Options
    http://www.mediaite.com/online/white-crowd-in-iowa-goes-nuts-when-trump-says-hes-great-for-black-voters/
    White Crowd in Iowa Goes Nuts When Trump Says He’s Great For Black Voters

For over a week now, Donald Trump has been making appeals to black voters. “What do you have to lose?” has been his big line as he campaigns in overwhelmingly white neighborhoods, cities, and states even as he is hammered for it over and over again. Today, he did an appearance in Iowa, where the black population sits at about 3.4%.

It’s been demonstrated that people of color are just not feeling these appeals, but white people seem to be. At least, the white people in Iowa are. Here is a panoramic shot of the rally, which is taking place at an event on the State Fairgrounds

Now, here is the video of those same people reacting to Trump’s appeal to voters of color:

Listen for them cheering loudly when he says, “Vote for Donald Trump! I will fix it! African Americans, Hispanics — vote for Donald Trump! I will fix it! It will get fixed!”

He also reiterated his thoughts from this morning as he talked about NBA star Dwyane Wade, whose cousin became a victim of gun violence last night.

There has yet been no word from Wade on Trump’s repeated references to his slain family member.

I wonder how all the white racist that support trump feel about his immigration policy shift, and how he wants to fix his beloved african american communities and make them great.

Theyre probably chewing tobacco like, "I dont agree with helping da nigras, but i guess its better to help em, then for me to have to shoot em". LOL

• marc123
    marc123 Members Posts: 16,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Trump cant get out his own way.