Colin Kaepernick refuses “to show pride in a flag for a country that oppresses Black people”...

Options

Comments

• 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options
    marc123 wrote: »
    ? trump smh

Cant wait till dies or gets impeached.

And then Pence is in charge? Is that what you want? I'd hedge my bet on him losing the next election and then punish him for his crimes once he's out of office. We need that entire white supremacist regime out.
  • JJ_Evans
    JJ_Evans Members Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jerry Jones is an old school unapologetic racist, who treats his black players like slaves on the plantation. The most talented black players (hardest working slaves) are treated better and have access to more freedoms than the other black players, but he has stated previously that none of them are allowed to protest during the anthem.
  • JJ_Evans
    JJ_Evans Members Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    farris2k1 wrote: »
    JJ_Evans wrote: »
    Jerry Jones is an old school unapologetic racist, who treats his black players like slaves on the plantation. The most talented black players (hardest working slaves) are treated better and have access to more freedoms than the other black players, but he has stated previously that none of them are allowed to protest during the anthem.

If zeke, dak, and dez protested you really think his old ass would do ? ??? Lol hell no, dude only sayin that cause he knows they wont

All three of them are tap dancing for him.

He has them trained.
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options
    5th Letter wrote: »
    ? trump smh

And then Pence is in charge? Is that what you want? I'd hedge my bet on him losing the next election and then punish him for his crimes once he's out of office. We need that entire white supremacist regime out.

Yeah I keep telling people as bad as Trump is Pence would be 10x worse. He's on some puritan ? like the preacher from Footloose. ? around and be living like Christians in 1500s
  • Undefeatable
    Undefeatable Members Posts: 1,970 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    blackrain wrote: »
    ? trump smh

Yeah I keep telling people as bad as Trump is Pence would be 10x worse. He's on some puritan ? like the preacher from Footloose. ? around and be living like Christians in 1500s

Pence wouldn't ? around and cause a nuclear war, as Trump might.
  • farris2k1
    farris2k1 Members Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? trump smh

10x worse??? Thats a strech, no republican is gonna be worse than trump, yea pence is trash but atleast he wont be on some unhinged/zero ? given/complete idiot/bully/twitter troll/zero idea on how to somewhat act presidental ? like trump is, so yes, id take pences weird ass over trump
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The crazy ? is that Pence is the ? Vice President. If he was an actual leader or gave a ? at all, he could actually pay service to the real issue being protested and voice his displeasure with the means of protest. He might have actually been able to get something done, but no this fool would rather set up publicity stunts. It's amazing how dysfunctional our government is.
  • farris2k1
    farris2k1 Members Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The crazy ? is that Pence is the ? Vice President. If he was an actual leader or gave a ? at all, he could actually pay service to the real issue being protested and voice his displeasure with the means of protest. He might have actually been able to get something done, but no this fool would rather set up publicity stunts. It's amazing how dysfunctional our government is.

Huh??? Pences job is doing what trump wants, you think hes gonna go do his own thing as vice president??? Lol
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Huh??? Pences job is doing what trump wants, you think hes gonna go do his own thing as vice president??? Lol

No I don't think he's going to do that. That's precisely what I'm pointing out.
  • stringer bell
    stringer bell Members Posts: 26,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    MR.CJ wrote: »

https://www.thenation.com/article/after-forty-four-years-its-time-brent-musburger-apologized-john-carlos-and-tommie-smith/
    It’s worth noting this isn’t the first time Musburger has taken aim at a protest for equality from African American athletes. At the 1968 Summer Olympics, Musburger wrote a column for the Chicago American newspaper ripping TOmmie Smith and John Carlos for their Black Power salute during the 200-meter sprint medal ceremony. That act of defiance is still revered to this day as a symbol of peaceful protest in pursuit of equality.

Here is some of what Musburger wrote about the 1968 protes
    Tommie Smith and John Carlos must be labeled unimaginative blokes if they can’t come up with a stronger and more effective protest than the one they staged her last night during the Olympic medal ceremony honoring their accomplishments in the 200-meter run.

Smith and Carlos looked like a couple of black-skinned storm troopers, holding aloft their black-gloved hands during the playing of the National Anthem. They sprinkled their symbolism with black track shoes and black scarfs and black power medals. It’s destined to go down as the most unsubtle demonstration in the history of protest.

But you’ve got to give Smith and Carlos credit for one thing. They knew how to deliver whatever it was they were trying to deliver on international television, thus insuring maximum embarrassment for the country that is picking up the tab for their room and board here in Mexico City. One gets a little tired of having the United States run down by athletes who are enjoying themselves at the expense of their country.

Protesting and working constructively against racism in the United States is one thing, but airing one’s ? clothing before the entire world during a fun and games tournament was no more than a juvenile gesture by a couple of athletes who should have known better.

If Smith and Carlos were convinced that the ends justified their black power demonstration during the National Anthem, they should have avoided the award ceremony altogether. If it’s true, as Hayes Jones says, that an athlete competes for himself but walks to the stand for his country, then a more courageous protest would have been for Smith and Carlos simply to stay away and not pick up their medals.

• 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    so they are just gonna change the meaning an people gonna follow just because it goes agianst wanting to stand for whats right for black people.

an ? white people follow it. rather than listen to the people who started it.
  • 313 wayz
    313 wayz Members Posts: 2,179 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Options
    ? trump smh

The dangerous thing about Pence is that he knows how to negotiate / craft legislation (that favors the Republican and his agenda) and possibly get it passed through the House and Senate.....whereas Trump's bills / recommendations to the House and Senate are on some get down or lay down ? while at the sametime publicly berating Republican Senators / Congressmen
  • Mister B.
    Mister B. Members, Writer Posts: 16,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    TheBoyRo wrote: »
    So mike pence walked out the 49ers colts cause players kneeling??? Lol ? outta here with that staged ? !!! We see you!!!

I wonder how much we paid for this PR stunt

Apparently, somewhere to the tune of $240-250K.
  • 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i think america is beyond looking stupid now.

i think we just waiting it out now.

its crazy because we dont fear losing our way of life because we too caught up in living and enjoying our way of life to care if its under threat.

only black people know this from the craddle