Somebody Explain to Dear Ole Rex Why Immigrating to the U.S. Should Be "Easy"

Options
Maximus Rex
Maximus Rex Members Posts: 6,354 ✭✭✭✭✭
One of the complaints of the illegals, their proponents, and other immigrants is that getting a green card takes hella long, is hella difficult, and is hella expensive. My question to immigrants and first generation Americans on this broad is why should coming to the United States be an easy thing to do?

Mind you, I'm coming from the biased perspective of an African American male who doesn't see how immigration, (especially illegal immigration,) benefits black people. The illegals argument that getting into United States should be made easier makes about as much sense as saying that Yale should lower their requirements to getting into the law school.

Comments

• jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Immigration reform also helps poor haitians, jamaicans and africans who want to come to america.

? need to stop thinking immigration is only a latino thing.

Blacks who are already citizens shouldn't care that much besides alot of these immigrants walking around with more knowledge than people who were born here.
  • Vellum
    Vellum Members Posts: 471 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Immigrating to the U.S shouldnt be easier. Arguably it should be harder. Quality, not quantity. Being allowed to be a citizen here is quite the privilege on the global scale of things.

One thing liberals completely and utterly suck on, is dealing with immigration. Im sorry, i have empathy for any human trying to make something good for themselves by sneaking into this country and plopping down, but thats illegal, and not how we work.

Fix your own ? countries. Hundreds of thousands had to die in forming America to what it is. We had to pick ourselves out of the mud of bigotry. We had to feel shame for genocides we've contributed to, and the slavery that ran our land (i say our like my black ass had any part in that. lol). We had to ? each other internally just to get the America we have today.

Your country isnt going to get any better by leaving it for greener pastures. You will have to die fixing it too. I know the counter argument to that is, American imperialism, blah blah blah, you owe us, blah blah. Eh
  • Maximus Rex
    Maximus Rex Members Posts: 6,354 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    jono wrote: »
    Immigration reform also helps poor haitians, jamaicans and africans who want to come to america.

Let's be quite frank about ? . If the majority of illegals where coming from the nations and the continent you just listed, the government would have did something about immigration a long time ago.

You're the only person in here talking about Latinos. The only that I mentioned Latinos was in the tags.
    Blacks who are already citizens shouldn't care

I care because these people come up here, displace workers with their willingness to work below market rates. They also place an undue burden on social services. I was reading an article about the new superintendent of the school district that I went to school in and he addressed the crowd in Spanish. WTF?, Why does the superintendent need to address the crowd in Spanish, since these muthafuckas want to be up here, shouldn't they be speaking in English? Most importantly, we know how these muthafuckas feel about black people based on how they treat those of African descent in their home countries? Why should black people knowing allow a group of racists bringing their racism here to the U.S.?

that much besides alot of these immigrants walking around with more knowledge than people who were born here.

What does that have to do with making immigrating to the U.S. easier?
  • jono
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Vellum wrote: »
    Immigrating to the U.S shouldnt be easier. Arguably it should be harder. Quality, not quantity. Being allowed to be a citizen here is quite the privilege on the global scale of things.

One thing liberals completely and utterly suck on, is dealing with immigration. Im sorry, i have empathy for any human trying to make something good for themselves by sneaking into this country and plopping down, but thats illegal, and not how we work.

Fix your own ? countries. Hundreds of thousands had to die in forming America to what it is. We had to pick ourselves out of the mud of bigotry. We had to feel shame for genocides we've contributed to, and the slavery that ran our land (i say our like my black ass had any part in that. lol). We had to ? each other internally just to get the America we have today.

Your country isnt going to get any better by leaving it for greener pastures. You will have to die fixing it too. I know the counter argument to that is, American imperialism, blah blah blah, you owe us, blah blah. Eh

No the counter is why do you think all those white folks came here from Italy, Ireland etc? They left their own homes for greener pastures elsewhere.

Trying to shut the door is latent white supremacy. America decimates other nations in foreign policy which makes it difficult for people to achieve anything in their own country then you don't want them here either.

Most of the Latino countries are being ravaged by drug cartels because of Americans and Europeans have a insatiable want for drugs. Embargoes, wars, crippling debt crises etc.

? can go on and on about healthcare costs, medicare etc but ILLEGAL immigration is the problem. ILLEGAL immigrants are the drain on resources, a legal immigrant has to comply with all the same ? as everyone else which includes paying taxes, mandatory healthcare, voting and all the other ? citizens don't want to do.
  • Vellum
    Options
    @Maximus Rex Youre right. I mean of all people in the USA, black folks should be the most anti immigration. The only reparations we can get are hopefully just lots of open jobs. So when thats lost to tens of millions of illegal immigrants, UHHHHHH YEAH. Its that cliche of why we're such a largely conservative group of people, that always go liberal democrat. lol

• jono
    edited August 2016
    Options

Let's be quite frank about ? . If the majority of illegals where coming from the nations and the continent you just listed, the government would have did something about immigration a long time ago.

You're the only person in here talking about Latinos. The only that I mentioned Latinos was in the tags.
    Blacks who are already citizens shouldn't care

I care because these people come up here, displace workers with their willingness to work below market rates. They also place an undue burden on social services. I was reading an article about the new superintendent of the school district that I went to school in and he addressed the crowd in Spanish. WTF?, Why does the superintendent need to address the crowd in Spanish, since these muthafuckas want to be up here, shouldn't they be speaking in English? Most importantly, we know how these muthafuckas feel about black people based on how they treat those of African descent in their home countries? Why should black people knowing allow a group of racists bringing their racism here to the U.S.?

that much besides alot of these immigrants walking around with more knowledge than people who were born here.

What does that have to do with making immigrating to the U.S. easier?

People who are willing to work at less than market rate are usually illegals and thats a temporary thing anyway. A poor person, legal citizen, will do a job for half that amount but will only do it so long before they also want a wage increase in which case they will displace themselves. Most jobs aren't "yours" they belong to whomever is hired for said job.

You claimed you weren't talking about Latinos and then went into a tirade about people speaking Spanish. Lol

I don't give a ? about how they feel about blacks in their home country. Firstly, im not in the class of thinking everyone hates black people and even if they did i don't have to deal with them anyway. Most people don't give a ? about you either way, especially if they come here to work and send money back they aren't in any position to hamper your life.
  • Vellum
    Options

1) No the counter is why do you think all those white folks came here from Italy, Ireland etc? They left their own homes for greener pastures elsewhere.

2) Trying to shut the door is latent white supremacy. America decimates other nations in foreign policy which makes it difficult for people to achieve anything in their own country then you don't want them here either.

3) Most of the Latino countries are being ravaged by drug cartels because of Americans and Europeans have a insatiable want for drugs. Embargoes, wars, crippling debt crises etc.

4) ? can go on and on about healthcare costs, medicare etc but ILLEGAL immigration is the problem. ILLEGAL immigrants are the drain on resources, a legal immigrant has to comply with all the same ? as everyone else which includes paying taxes, mandatory healthcare, voting and all the other ? citizens don't want to do.

Huh?

1) Yeah, no ? . Their countries sucked, but its not 1910 anymore okay. We cant just leave the ? flood gates open all day to take every poor gyro maker from ? Greece because they want to be here.

2) Stop it with the white supremacy. Ugh. Can we have one discussion without the obsession with white supremacy. It is not latent white supremacy to want to shut your doors to illegal immigrants, deport them when caught, and make it harder for those coming in to be citizens. We've got our own problems that wont be solved by bringing millions of new legal immigrants, or giving amnesty to tens of millions of illegal immigrants already here.

Saying america decimates countries based on our foreign policy is just some random youtube comment of the week nonsense generalizing thing to say. I dont deny American imperialism, or that we've done everything right in the history of this country, because im not a ? , but to simplify complex foreign involvement to just Murica destroying brown countries for no reason, then turning their backs when they need help is silly.

3) Latin countries are being ravage by drug cartels because theyre historically extremely corrupt countries, that have fell behind the times in every way, and allowed cartels to take over. Latin countries have also made their own political and economic decisions that did not pan out for them. There are a host of reasons Latin countries generally ? suck, and its not all because america and europe like to get high.

4) Yeah, we know this.
  • jono
    Options

1) No the counter is why do you think all those white folks came here from Italy, Ireland etc? They left their own homes for greener pastures elsewhere.

2) Trying to shut the door is latent white supremacy. America decimates other nations in foreign policy which makes it difficult for people to achieve anything in their own country then you don't want them here either.

3) Most of the Latino countries are being ravaged by drug cartels because of Americans and Europeans have a insatiable want for drugs. Embargoes, wars, crippling debt crises etc.

4) ? can go on and on about healthcare costs, medicare etc but ILLEGAL immigration is the problem. ILLEGAL immigrants are the drain on resources, a legal immigrant has to comply with all the same ? as everyone else which includes paying taxes, mandatory healthcare, voting and all the other ? citizens don't want to do.

Huh?

1) Yeah, no ? . Their countries sucked, but its not 1910 anymore okay. We cant just leave the ? flood gates open all day to take every poor gyro maker from ? Greece because they want to be here.
    Why not and Who cares? If some one came here to make gyros how does that negatively impact you or anyone else?
    2) Stop it with the white supremacy. Ugh. Can we have one discussion without the obsession with white supremacy. It is not latent white supremacy to want to shut your doors to illegal immigrants, deport them when caught, and make it harder for those coming in to be citizens. We've got our own problems that wont be solved by bringing millions of new legal immigrants, or giving amnesty to tens of millions of illegal immigrants already here.
    Nobody cared about borders until the Chinese started coming in en masse then you the Chinese exclusion act and all this talk of "immigration control." Also its inherently racist considering how it turns out in European countries that target Africans and Arabs. But what do i know?
    Saying america decimates countries based on our foreign policy is just some random youtube comment of the week nonsense generalizing thing to say. I dont deny American imperialism, or that we've done everything right in the history of this country, because im not a ? , but to simplify complex foreign involvement to just Murica destroying brown countries for no reason, then turning their backs when they need help is silly.
    So...you're disagreeing and agreeing at the same time. Stop it.

3) Latin countries are being ravage by drug cartels because theyre historically extremely corrupt countries, that have fell behind the times in every way, and allowed cartels to take over. Latin countries have also made their own political and economic decisions that did not pan out for them. There are a host of reasons Latin countries generally ? suck, and its not all because america and europe like to get high.
    True the gov of these countries are corrupt but that doesn't change the fact that the chief corrupting influence is drug cartels. Drug cartels also do more than just corrupt the government. They wage wars in the middle of towns creating unsafe living conditions. Now unless Mexico has a Frank Castle down there somewhere ain't ? the average Mexican can do against the cartel except run.

• Vellum
    Options

Huh?

1)
    Yeah, no ? . Their countries sucked, but its not 1910 anymore okay. We cant just leave the ? flood gates open all day to take every poor gyro maker from ? Greece because they want to be here.

Why not and Who cares? If some one came here to make gyros how does that negatively impact you or anyone else?

2)
    Stop it with the white supremacy. Ugh. Can we have one discussion without the obsession with white supremacy. It is not latent white supremacy to want to shut your doors to illegal immigrants, deport them when caught, and make it harder for those coming in to be citizens. We've got our own problems that wont be solved by bringing millions of new legal immigrants, or giving amnesty to tens of millions of illegal immigrants already here.

Nobody cared about borders until the Chinese started coming in en masse then you the Chinese exclusion act and all this talk of "immigration control." Also its inherently racist considering how it turns out in European countries that target Africans and Arabs. But what do i know?
    So...you're disagreeing and agreeing at the same time. Stop it.

3)
    Latin countries are being ravage by drug cartels because theyre historically extremely corrupt countries, that have fell behind the times in every way, and allowed cartels to take over. Latin countries have also made their own political and economic decisions that did not pan out for them. There are a host of reasons Latin countries generally ? suck, and its not all because america and europe like to get high.
    True the gov of these countries are corrupt but that doesn't change the fact that the chief corrupting influence is drug cartels. Drug cartels also do more than just corrupt the government. They wage wars in the middle of towns creating unsafe living conditions. Now unless Mexico has a Frank Castle down there somewhere ain't ? the average Mexican can do against the cartel except run.

1) Yeah, why care about anything if it doesnt impact you. Why have principles at all. I mean, you aint been ? before, nor do you want to ? anyone, so why have laws against ? . You sound silly.

2) I cant speak for european countries. I dont live there. I assume it has less to do with them strictly just being african or arab, and more of a cultural concern of bringing in people from 3rd world, backwards countries into the west, where things work completely different.

3) No. Im saying american imperialism is a reality, but its not the cause of every countries issues. You cant just minimize complex foreign relation issues, and complex social, political, and economic issues in foreign latin countries to just american imperialism. Thats what 19 year old liberal college students who think they know everything think.

4) Okay, so. Like i said in my post. Hundreds of thousands of americans had to die fighting to get this country to where it is now. We fought internally over this too. It took a long time. Sorry your country has been sold out to cartels, and your countries laws, economic decisions, ect.. have not empowered you as citizens to now even begin to thoroughly fight this issue.

So what, because a country ultimately ? their own selves in the ass more than anyone else has, we're suppose to just take them all into America? LOL. Yeah, okay. What a great immigration policy you have there.